ConstantGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny Fat Bulking Advice

Im 18
    Height 5 8
    Weight 135

I started working out simply to fit my cloths.I was skinny most of my middle school years and just wanted to gain some weight and muscle. I started at 120 lbs and started going to planet fitness in the mornings. Currently Ive been going for 7 months now and weigh 135 now. Right now I am benching 145 for 5 reps 3 sets (Smith-Machine bar weighs 25 lbs) and deadlift 185 for 6 reps 4 sets. When I look in the mirror I look skinny fat.I struggle to gain weight because sometimes I don't eat some days simple for the fact of my day consist mostly of work and gym.Should i just eat everything I can and add a ab routine in there as well?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should be in control of what you eat... be consistent every day. You don't to pile on weight but you do need to gain at a steady (maybe) 1-2lbs a months - and while doing this make continuous progress in the gym with a well known routine like Fierce 5.

So you may need to calculate your calories and protein intake each day with something like myfitnesspal.

Or at least do that for a while until you have a routine established with the right kind of numbers - then stick to that eating routine.

One more thing - you can expect your stomach to get a little larger from eating more - mostly water weight. If you panic and reduce calories again, you will never achieve the muscle gain you will need to get a good physique. Save cutting until later when you have built some muscle - and the building part is what will take the longest so don't try to shortcut it.

We have a lot of experience coaching skinny guys on here we know how they think!

Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO I would rather go on a slight cut to low bodyfat levels as you can still gain muscle and lose fat same time. Gains will be more apparent if you cut first then lean bulk after you're already decently lean. Post from a similar topic:

Originally Posted by Tonyy926 View Post
    For most beginner lifters I suggest they cut bodyfat low enough where they can start seeing their abs, while doing their best to gain strength while on a proper program. Muscle and strength gains are definitely possible while cutting especially as a beginner as long as you are progressing.

Then start eating at a very conservative surplus (around 200-250 above maintenance daily), while progressing on your compound movements & isolations (former more important than latter). This should keep you very motivated to keep going as you will have low enough bodyfat to see the gains you are making, while also focusing on strength gains. When you get too fat consider a mini cut, rinse and repeat.
    I pull girls & do street interviews IRL, as seen on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/@thetruthtabletv

Natural athlete & Model from the Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/thetonyd/

On a mission to help men gain confidence & improve their lives.