Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Need To Build Strong Stamina and Endurance!

Guys! I need some help on this situation... I need to build stamina and endurance... what kind of a routine should I try to deal with to accomplish my goal.. I need to be able to run 1.5 miles in 10 minutes, do 40 push ups in 2 minutes, do 50 sit ups in 2 minutes.
    Any help is better than nothin, I have till Feb. to accomplish my goals.

-Dan

muska661 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muska661 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seems like you are trying for entry into the military?
    i suggest you look into the Bud/s warning order (its available for download, just gotta search for it)

it is for prep into Bud/s/SEALs and their standards are alot higher than what you need to hit, so I'm sure it will help.

or just go to http://www.geocities.com/comandos8/Warning.html

hope it helps

actually go to this website, the program is easier to read but it is the exact same thing: http://www.thesealteams.com/SEAL_workouts/index.html

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanx alot bro!.. yeah joinin the NAVY

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    dunno i never train for endurance but could do that... dunno we did 50 pushups adn situps last night in as fast as possisible and was way bellow that time... just practise i wold say and concentatr on lifting heavy so the pushups etc feels like it weights nothing...

muska661 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muska661 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tamacracker,

what are you going in for? did you get a SEAL contract or anything like that?
    If you are interested in the SEALs as well go over to www.g e t f i t n o w.com There is a good message board for SEALs

anything more, just ask

later

**** that's my goal. I want to be one of the most athletic ones out there.. You know the ones that have no problem with bootcamp.. But Seals are seriously somethin I want to accomplish! I need to train as hard as possible.

Thanx scott, my friend as well told me for push ups try to do heavy bench, for sit ups do heavy weighted sit ups, and for the 1.5 mile run he told me to run on the tread mill with the hills program. I was told the more your body gets used to pushin heavier and runnin harder than what they will do to you in boot camp the easier you'll fly through the physical tests.

Also thanx for those links... Im learnin quite a bit and will try to push my body to atleast swim soo many laps/mile. My recruiter told me not to lift anymore, cuz it causes a person to be slower since they're heavier.. but I told him that if it's muscle why would it slow me down? It should push even harder in runnin and any other physical event. He's kind of a rookie type recruiter so I dont think he knew what he was talkin bout at the time.

He also told me that to check body fat percentage you measure your neck then your waist... and subtract from each other and that's your BF%... I dont think I have a 20+ BF% lol

-Dan

newhope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would drop the treadmill, get outside and run. If you are worried about joint damage or whatever, then run on a track or grass for the majority of your training, but definetly get outside to run. perhaps wear some extra weight in a rucsack, definetly make your training more testing than the requirements.
    Add interval training to help build your speed, as you are against the clock, all the long slow runs in the world wont be any use without any speed training.
    Get tough on yourself now if you wanna be up there with the best in your bootcamp.

I just have a simple question here... how do they make you do these push ups?... I mean I just timed myself I did 30 pushups at 34 seconds.... so why do they give you soo much time for 29 pushups?...

they give you so much time because you are supposed to do as many as you can. just dont stop at 29. there are guys i know training for SEALs that are into the 100-125 pushups in 2 minutes, aim for high numbers, 29 is just the minimum cuz they gotta set the bar somewhere.

and it your chest should touch the floor.

later

lol yeah that's a full ROM movement... chest hits floor but arms do not hyperextend! Sometimes Ill hit the floor a lil hard.. and it gives me a small bounce effect... Tommorow mornin I'll see how many I can pull off in 2 minutes I say almost 70.. but of course I'd have to rest while doin the pushups.. like a quick 2 second rest.

-Dam