saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000) saradc is a complete loser! (-2000)

Unhappy Skinny and can't gain tone?

Hi everyone My name is Sara, I'm 24 and since lockdown I haven't really been to the gym since everything is closed here. I don't have any friends who are into fitness, and I've just been doing yoga and other exercises at home.

My problem is, I am not able to gain any tone. No matter what I do my body seems unable to gain any muscle. I am 177cm tall and weigh 59kg. I have a very skinny build that I am trying to shape into something more curvy. Like Taylor Swift's transformation from being skinny to the body she has now, that's my goal.

I have tried every supplement and protein and nothing works. Google hasn't helped me and I don't know who to ask....

Has anyone been in this situation and knows what to do? Could it be hormonal? Any help would be SO appreciated, xoxo.

TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by saradc View Post
    Hi everyone My name is Sara, I'm 24 and since lockdown I haven't really been to the gym since everything is closed here. I don't have any friends who are into fitness, and I've just been doing yoga and other exercises at home.

My problem is, I am not able to gain any tone. No matter what I do my body seems unable to gain any muscle. I am 177cm tall and weigh 59kg. I have a very skinny build that I am trying to shape into something more curvy. Like Taylor Swift's transformation from being skinny to the body she has now, that's my goal.

I have tried every supplement and protein and nothing works. Google hasn't helped me and I don't know who to ask....

Has anyone been in this situation and knows what to do? Could it be hormonal? Any help would be SO appreciated, xoxo.
    What kind of weightlifting are you doing? Yoga is phenomenal, but it isn't going to put on muscle mass, which is what it sounds like you're going for. There are some great beginner programs here in the workout programs section of the forums, and some great advice in the nutrition section, as well, all tried and true. If you're training alone, think about investing in a power rack. That way you can safely do exercises like bench press and squats without a spotter.

There are many helpful people on here who have troves of knowledge to share, so go through the stickies in the forums and don't be afraid to ask specific questions. Best of luck in your journey!

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ Also, saradc, keep in mind that the talented Taylor Swift has admitted to having issues with eating disorders in the past. In Hollywood, they need to adhere to a strict "diet" to project a certain image that sells. They don't rely on talent alone.

Her "transformation" is actually the product of not being as restrictive with calories and food. She's been at her normal weight/size for a specific amount of time now, and she's happy and comfortable in her own skin. That's what counts.

And yes, weight lifting will build your strength, confidence and give you a shapelier body. When you can get back into a fully equipped gym it will be easier to adhere to a well-rounded regimen. Good luck!!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿชณ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Barre yoga at home can be a good option

If you want to gain muscle and curves, youโ€™ll have to eat more calories per day. You wonโ€™t really get more muscle though unless you are strength training
    Last edited by snailsrus; 04-10-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew