czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Weights are slightly bent so they fall off

My 2 x 15 kg weights are slightly bent so when I try to slide the weight on side, it makes the other side tilt and that makes it unsecure if you get what I mean. Then I fix it and the other side tilts so it’s a bit irritating.

Happens on pendalay rows and doesn’t help that the weights are quite thin.

I was thinking I should buy some heavy duty clamps if they exist.

Don’t really want to buy something without being able to sort it out at home. So any ideas would be appreciated

The clamps I have now have the bar go through them with a screw on top to secure the bar. These are pretty **** tbh

Edit: I mean fall out of place not off

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind of bar are you loading? my budget weights and bar were never like this so I’m wondering if you have an odd size or bent bar?

Are you loading bar on the floor?
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea you want a collar like the lockjaw pro 2 or similar. That'll keep them upright.

czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by grapegorilla View Post
    What kind of bar are you loading? my budget weights and bar were never like this so I’m wondering if you have an odd size or bent bar?

Are you loading bar on the floor?

Originally Posted by triplechris View Post
    Yea you want a collar like the lockjaw pro 2 or similar. That'll keep them upright.
    The bars a budget one as well but I solved the issue by buying some proper collars
    Thanks