Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    How am I supposed to take it? They have been lying about everything they do or gonna do for a year? Basically you or I don't know what "they" are gonna do/say next. If anything it's those fuking bastards who can't think critically, and you seem to support them?

His direct quote

"If we do this together, by 4th of July, there is a good chance you, your family and friends can get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day,"
    Whether you agree with the health experts or not the clear implication of what he is saying is that the majority of Americans, who've been heeding the advice of public health experts, should hopefully feel comfortable having social gatherings by July. I don’t know how you read that any other way.

A small gym should NOT be looked at as something that needs closing as part of a "phased" approach.
    I don’t disagree but i haven’t mentioned it so I have no idea why you are bringing it up.

You say asking my questions are wearing panties eh? interesting coming from a guy who thinks it's productive to assemble and be crybabies in the street, now go give the Zappa's your panties to add to his collection

So yeah, I think protests in general can be productive not only because they can influence leaders and politicians, but also engage like minded people. Say person A and B both dislike an idea. Person A may not know that B exists, so the support A feels in their cause is less. But in a protest A sees B and a whole bunch of other people expressing a similar view. And then C who was indifferent to the issue, suddenly becomes interested or at least aware after seeing the protests.

So the idea of sitting on street is to show how numerous a particular group is. Which is intimidating to civic leaders and eye catching to people who might be otherwise indifferent. But protests also start to have economic consequences. If protests shut down a bridge, a road, an office, etc. then they begin to exert the power of the masses by slowing commerce. If they directly confront leaders, they can be intimidating. If they sit down and refuse to do anything, in the right context, they can get the British Empire out of India.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    His direct quote

The problem is he gets on the soapbox and states that by July famlies and get together MAYBE without worrying, BUT and here's were I think somehow we got off track, why is it OKAY for these gatherings in the autonomous zone? I mean WTF, how dare he try to tell families when to worry? I've not gotten covid because we call our family and friends when they have cookouts (YEah Joey, we have BEEN having cookouts for F-off Joe) and say, hey you got the covid, when they say "yeah, just got over it and I'm going to the party, we say, well we ain't going"

I've been to several cookouts and parties, I've spent the night in my sister-in-laws bed and she had covid months before I went there. We know when we can go to gatherings.

now, this atominous zone crap, nobody fuking knows who has what, and Joe didn't get on the soapbox and point the fingers at protesters saying, Heed the CDC's warning, now the fuking thing will spread because of protesters and who gets the finger pointed at, family gatherings.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The problem is he gets on the soapbox and states that by July famlies and get together MAYBE without worrying, BUT and here's were I think somehow we got off track, why is it OKAY for these gatherings in the autonomous zone? I mean WTF, how dare he try to tell families when to worry? I've not gotten covid because we call our family and friends when they have cookouts (YEah Joey, we have BEEN having cookouts for F-off Joe) and say, hey you got the covid, when they say "yeah, just got over it and I'm going to the party, we say, well we ain't going"

I've been to several cookouts and parties, I've spent the night in my sister-in-laws bed and she had covid months before I went there. We know when we can go to gatherings.

now, this atominous zone crap, nobody fuking knows who has what, and Joe didn't get on the soapbox and point the fingers at protesters saying, Heed the CDC's warning, now the fuking thing will spread because of protesters and who gets the finger pointed at, family gatherings.

The guy was measured in his prediction, I guess he could have used less controlling verbiage. Come across as more expert recommendations based in science, not a command from daddy president. Not that it would have really mattered. All this conspiracy of gaslighting and BS of giving us something we already have is such tripe. Dems & Reps alike have trouble with not taking things at face value. We’ve become so polarized, we try to find something sinister behind it.

No one in the government is going to stop you from going to a cookout or sleeping in your sister in law’s bed. No need to worry.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The guy was measured in his prediction, I guess he could have used less controlling verbiage. Come across as more expert recommendations based in science, not a command from daddy president. Not that it would have really mattered. All this conspiracy of gaslighting and BS of giving us something we already have is such tripe. Dems & Reps alike have trouble with not taking things at face value. We’ve become so polarized, we try to find something sinister behind it.

No one in the government is going to stop you from going to a cookout or sleeping in your sister in law’s bed. No need to worry.
    Dude, the last thing I’m worried about is a family cookout, chit I’m not going to deny that I’ve used the Covid exuse to not go see family and go to the parties, I like to drink alone, and if you guys think I’m a drunk, I can’t even hang with all my sister in laws and some of them are pushing 55-60, it’s absolute touture to try and hang with them as I like to have a few drinks and then crash, we drive hours to thier house and they half drunk when we get there In the afternoon, they don’t stop till the next fuking morning. My wife is the youngest.

But it does piss me off that family gatherings are heeded by the leaders, yet they say nothing about large protest gatherings, unless it’s the opposite party, and the republicans only do it because the dems have politicized it so much.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sleeping in your sisters bed is ok, as long as your sister isn't in it, that would be weird. Who doesn't like BBQ's?
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I was waiting for this to pop up

Derek Chauvin's defense asks to delay trial in light of Minneapolis settlement with George Floyd's family

Derek Chauvin's defense attorney Eric Nelson asked the court Monday to delay Chauvin's criminal trial or re-question jurors in the wake of a $27 million civil settlement between Minneapolis and George Floyd's family.

In a hearing Monday, Nelson said he is "gravely concerned" by the announcement, calling it "incredibly prejudicial."
    "It's amazing to me, they had a press conference on Friday, where the mayor of Minneapolis, on stage with city council, and they're using very, what I would say, very well-designed terminology. 'The unanimous decision of the city council,' for example. It just goes straight to the heart of the dangers of pretrial publicity," Nelson said.
    The defense said a delay of the trial or more questioning of jurors would be among the appropriate remedies.
    The prosecution acknowledged that the timing of the settlement was "unfortunate" but pushed back against the defense's proposed remedies.
    Judge Peter Cahill, who is overseeing the trial, said he would call the seven jurors already selected in the case back and question them about the settlement. He said he would take the defense motion for a delay under advisement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/us/de...&utm_term=link

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Sleeping in your sisters bed is ok, as long as your sister isn't in it, that would be weird. Who doesn't like BBQ's?

No, my wife and I and dog took my sister-in-laws bed when we visit.

I'm not interested in driving hours for a BBQ with a bunch of crazy drunks, the drama gets ridiculous as the night goes on, sibling rivalry stills runs strong with this bunch. I was warned too, the day I walked down the ailse my future brother-in-law who's much older goes "your in trouble buddy". He quit drinking and just leaves his wife (my wife's sister) at the party/bar because they get out of control, he's a former paratrooper air-borne ranger, he fights with their uncle who was in Nam at age 17.

I'm not interested in driving hours for a BBQ with a bunch of crazy drunks, the drama gets ridiculous as the night goes on, sibling rivalry stills runs strong with this bunch. I was warned too, the day I walked down the ailse my future brother-in-law who's much older goes "your in trouble buddy". He quit drinking and just leaves his wife (my wife's sister) at the party/bar because they get out of control, he's a former paratrooper air-borne ranger, he fights with their uncle who was in Nam at age 17.
    He coulda been 18-19, I've seen pics of him in the jungle as a young solider, a skinny runt, probably had no hair on his chest? I really don't know, they say 17? My bro-in-law, the paratrooper calls him a BS'er, and can't stand him.

He coulda been 18-19, I've seen pics of him in the jungle as a young solider, a skinny runt, probably had no hair on his chest? I really don't know, they say 17? My bro-in-law, the paratrooper calls him a BS'er, and can't stand him.

Yeah, most of us have nutty In-laws or family. Glad you turned out ok

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cough, clears throat
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That actually made me laugh out loud.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Derek Chauvin's defense asks to delay trial in light of Minneapolis settlement with George Floyd's family

Derek Chauvin's defense attorney Eric Nelson asked the court Monday to delay Chauvin's criminal trial or re-question jurors in the wake of a $27 million civil settlement between Minneapolis and George Floyd's family.

In a hearing Monday, Nelson said he is "gravely concerned" by the announcement, calling it "incredibly prejudicial."
    "It's amazing to me, they had a press conference on Friday, where the mayor of Minneapolis, on stage with city council, and they're using very, what I would say, very well-designed terminology. 'The unanimous decision of the city council,' for example. It just goes straight to the heart of the dangers of pretrial publicity," Nelson said.
    The defense said a delay of the trial or more questioning of jurors would be among the appropriate remedies.
    The prosecution acknowledged that the timing of the settlement was "unfortunate" but pushed back against the defense's proposed remedies.
    Judge Peter Cahill, who is overseeing the trial, said he would call the seven jurors already selected in the case back and question them about the settlement. He said he would take the defense motion for a delay under advisement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/us/de...&utm_term=link
    No way in hell this guy gets a fair trial, anyone claiming they haven't seen or heard anything or doesn't have an opinion as a flat out liar.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That right there is comedy GOLD.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    No way in hell this guy gets a fair trial, anyone claiming they haven't seen or heard anything or doesn't have an opinion as a flat out liar.
    That there is a bunch of wasted typing only stating the painfully obvious.

Corbi: crank up the comedy dial, SVP. I knows it in thur.

You have to swear you can be impartial -- that you'll listen to the evidence presented and make up your mind based on the law (which will be explained to you), and the evidence at trial, regardless of what you heard or thought beforehand.

You're meant to be impartial, not living under a rock.

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have to swear you can be impartial -- that you'll listen to the evidence presented and make up your mind based on the law (which will be explained to you), and the evidence at trial, regardless of what you heard or thought beforehand.

You're meant to be impartial, not living under a rock.
    At this point there is not a single person who is impartial.

Floyd family be rolling to the trial...
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Chairman of the bored Postmort3m's Avatar
    Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone who says they don’t have a nutty family member IS the nutty family member
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

>>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>

Perhaps, they do have to state on the record and under oath, that they can put aside everything they've heard about the case, impartially focus on the evidence presented, and return a verdict based on that evidence. Definitely easier said than done but why do you assume all potential jurors will be convinced of his guilt? If social media (and forums such as this one) are any indication there are clearly many people angry that Chauvin is on trial. And it’s not like defendants in previous high profile cases haven’t been found innocent.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 03-15-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Perhaps, they do have to state on the record and under oath, that they can put aside everything they've heard about the case, impartially focus on the evidence presented, and return a verdict based on that evidence. Definitely easier said than done but why do you assume all potential jurors will be convinced of his guilt? If social media (and forums such as this one) are any indication there are clearly many people angry that Chauvin is on trial. And it’s not like defendants in previous high profile cases haven’t been found innocent.
    This trial is no different than people like Pelosi or Nadler declaring that this past summer was all fine & there were no riots when we all saw what actually happened. They can stand there and profess they know nothing but inside you know they are full of $hit and just lying about it all.

ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have they started shooting each other over the money yet?

It's only a matter of time...

Originally Posted by Postmort3m View Post
    Anyone who says they don’t have a nutty family member IS the nutty family member
    ha ha, Funny but very true

Floyd family be rolling to the trial...
    LMAO, yup

Originally Posted by ApeXXXPredator View Post
    Have they started shooting each other over the money yet?

It's only a matter of time...
    LOL most likely

ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ha ha, Funny but very true

LMAO, yup

LOL most likely

This story did not really make national news but you'll appreciate it.

https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/...druple-murder/

Holy Crap man, that is something else. WTF

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This trial is no different than people like Pelosi or Nadler declaring that this past summer was all fine & there were no riots when we all saw what actually happened. They can stand there and profess they know nothing but inside you know they are full of $hit and just lying about it all.
    It's no different than the Fins drafting Tua and Fitz signing w/Washington yesterday. We say we are happy for him but inside we know we needed him one more year and are fuked.

**I'm now filtering my views through sports rather than politics.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by ApeXXXPredator View Post
    This story did not really make national news but you'll appreciate it.

https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/...druple-murder/
    LOL at the guys name Halfacre, is that some carryover from the share cropping day? You gets your freedom as well as a halfacre.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    It's no different than the Fins drafting Tua and Fitz signing w/Washington yesterday. We say we are happy for him but inside we know we needed him one more year and are fuked.
    **I'm now filtering my views through sports rather than politics.
    No $hit? I thought he was retiring?

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

No $hit? I thought he was retiring?
    Nope. 10 mill for 1 year. He's the smartest player in football I swear.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

That's why we have a jury of 12 people and require them to agree unanimously, because it's highly unlikely all 12 people are going to have the same exact prejudices or instincts. They debate the evidence among themselves, which helps to moderate any one person's opinion, and hopefully come to the most logical final conclusion. It’s not a perfect system but I don’t think there is a better alternative.

ETA:

I should add this is from my perspective as a citizen. If I was a trial lawyer looking for an impartial juror I wouldn’t really be doing my job.

I would want jurors who will go to bat for my guy. If he is a laborer, get people who are laborers or married to them. Racial affinity is important.

So in this trial the prosecution wants black people, the poorer the better. The prosecution wants people who are the social justice types of all races. Young college grads. Not frat guys.

The defense wants working class white people, hispanics and asians. Rule followers with years of steady employment, solid family life those will help the defense. One of the most replicable findings out of social sociology is the accuracy of stereotypes. You have limited information. So the ONLY thing you have is stereotypes...and if you ignore those you are truly screwing your client over.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 03-16-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Nope. 10 mill for 1 year. He's the smartest player in football I swear.
    I would say probably the greatest journeyman career ever. Although McCown didn’t have as much success, he is up there as well as he played for 12 teams in all 8 divisions, that’s pretty impressive.

That's why we have a jury of 12 people and require them to agree unanimously, because it's highly unlikely all 12 people are going to have the same exact prejudices or instincts. They debate the evidence among themselves, which helps to moderate any one person's opinion, and hopefully come to the most logical final conclusion. It’s not a perfect system but I don’t think there is a better alternative.

ETA:

I should add this is from my perspective as a citizen. If I was a trial lawyer looking for an impartial juror I wouldn’t really be doing my job.

I would want jurors who will go to bat for my guy. If he is a laborer, get people who are laborers or married to them. Racial affinity is important.

So in this trial the prosecution wants black people, the poorer the better. The prosecution wants people who are the social justice types of all races. Young college grads. Not frat guys.

The defense wants working class white people, hispanics and asians. Rule followers with years of steady employment, solid family life those will help the defense. One of the most replicable findings out of social sociology is the accuracy of stereotypes. You have limited information. So the ONLY thing you have is stereotypes...and if you ignore those you are truly screwing your client over.

Trials are nothing like they are portrayed on TV, about 15 years ago I had a lemon lawsuit against Harley Davidson that took 3 years to get to court. When it finally got to court there was none of this surprise evidence or actually speaking the truth. Everything is admitted into evidence before the case begins and between the 2 sides everything is decided on what you & cannot say. It was one of the most fukked up deals I have ever been a party to & the only saving grace is I won the case and ended up pocketing over $30k.

Trials are nothing like they are portrayed on TV, about 15 years ago I had a lemon lawsuit against Harley Davidson that took 3 years to get to court. When it finally got to court there was none of this surprise evidence or actually speaking the truth. Everything is admitted into evidence before the case begins and between the 2 sides everything is decided on what you & cannot say. It was one of the most fukked up deals I have ever been a party to & the only saving grace is I won the case and ended up pocketing over $30k.

Things definitely aren’t how you see it on tv. I had the opportunity to be a juror on an armed robbery case, and it was extremely interesting to not only see the complete f*ck ups that the police did, but also how they would outright lie on stuff that we knew wasn’t true. We couldn’t say beyond a reasonable doubt that the guy did it, and if we would have, he would have gone to jail for 10 years I think. Was he guilty? Maybe.

I know jury duty gets a bad rep, but it was an eye-opening experience for me and one I think everyone should experience.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Things definitely aren’t how you see it on tv. I had the opportunity to be a juror on an armed robbery case, and it was extremely interesting to not only see the complete f*ck ups that the police did, but also how they would outright lie on stuff that we knew wasn’t true. We couldn’t say beyond a reasonable doubt that the guy did it, and if we would have, he would have gone to jail for 10 years I think. Was he guilty? Maybe.

I know jury duty gets a bad rep, but it was an eye-opening experience for me and one I think everyone should experience.
    I don't get why it gets a bad rap, to me it would be pretty interesting.

I was selected to serve on a jury for an armed robbery/murder, was very serious and a little intimidating. Just before we were to be seated the defense made a deal with the DA and we were all released. Everyone else was like "yes!" and I was like "Yay, now I get to go back to the office and answer emails, wtf." I wish you could volunteer for jury duty, it seems like a pretty fundamental connection to the judicial process set up by the founding fathers that many try to to avoid, but shouldn't.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.