joe236 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question What can I substitute for leg curls

I have barbells and dumbbells at home, what can I substitute for leg curls?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hmm, that's tricky.

If you were to get bands, you could hang them from a pullup bar and put your heel into them while lying on the floor (I do one leg at a time this way).

There is also this:

Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    Dumbell leg curls - lie prone on bench or floor and hold dumbbell between your feet and curl

Disc slider curls - buy disc sliders and lie on back with hips raised and feet on sliders and curl in

Yoga ball curls - lie on back and raise hips and place heels on yoga ball and curl in rolling the ball toward your butt

Would straight leg deadlifts work? Also is there any substitution for leg extensions?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, SLDL or RDL both work - I do leg curls as well because the hamstring is not fully trained unless you isolate knee movement (it is a bi-articulate muscle - spans both the knee and hip joint).

Sissy squats is a good quad isolation - I use a safety rail on the power cage to assist with balance - but also to resist myself on the way up

Some programs say leg press what could I switch for that

Originally Posted by joe236 View Post
    Some programs say leg press what could I switch for that
    Hack squat - lift the bar from the floor behind the legs. Focus on keeping the butt low, don't lever the bar up by leaning, otherwise it becomes like a reverse deadlift.

Ok thx I was looking at the program thread do you have any good recommendations cuz there’s a ton over there, Lyle McDonald’s bulking routine seemed pretty popular tho
    Last edited by joe236; 03-12-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Swiss ball leg curls
    Nordic curl negatives
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Swiss ball leg curls
    Nordic curl negatives
    How do you progress with those, same question for sissy squats

pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It’s called squats

How do you progress with those, same question for sissy squats
    They're isolations. As long as you put good effort in each time - and make progress with main compounds it doesn't really matter.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    stiff legged dead lunges good mornings deadlifts
    I have barbells and dumbbells at home, what can I substitute for leg curls?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyones pretty much covered the options ^^^above.
    The stability ball leg curl is a killer.
    If your gym has a glute/ham raise bench you could try those but review technique first most people turn it into a back raise.