TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Mouth guard - any of you needed one?

Apprently I’m a teeth grinder - I think I just keep my teeth clenched naturally through the day and specially as I’m thinking and keep a negative pressure pushing my teeth towards my tongue (via the checks I guess - if that makes any sense. Like when you try to suck your cheecks in while teeth and lips are closed)

Long story short, I may have clenched too hard while squatting or deadlifting and have this injury/pain in my jaw/deep ear and where I have a crown (last molar in the back).

Went to an ENT before I had realized I was grinding/clenching. She saw no issues and said I just may have swelling and took ibuprofen for a couple days. Don’t get better.

Then I went to the dentist after pain for ear and jaw got a bit better and I could sense the pain coming from the game/teeth area and she says I grind and need a night guard. Well I did the nightguard and pain went away about 60 to 70% the next morning. Eating brings the pain back and as I eat pain gets worse. So I’ll try and limit that for a few days to let it heal.

after pain got a bit better after nightguard, I worked out that same day and by the night I had excruciating pain all over again. So I’m about to go buy a mouth guard so I can use it during my main lifts like deadlifts and squats and bench, etc

Have y’all ever needed it? Does it even make sense? Hate these stupid roadblocks. I just wanna get stronger and more muscular :-/

Any brand/type recommendations?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im a grinder also and have the same recommendation from my dentist.
    They made a custom one years ago for me but now you can get them at the drugstore.
    Specific ones for lifting you might want to look into strongman Brian Shaw's lifting mouth piece that he sells.
    My dentist said there was a study years ago using a mouth piece and non use and supposedly you increase strength by a few percent being able to bite the mouthpiece when doing max weight.
    Good luck.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They sell them places that sell hockey or football gear. Heat-moldable mouthpieces that fit over your upper teeth.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Headed to the good ol great Walmart. If I don’t find one I like there I’ll go to academy or find a specialty sport store.

Thanks gentlemen

Reps on recharge

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm clench crew too..
    I just got one from sports direct for £5..
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Used to wear one for sports but never for lifting, the off the rack sports ones should be fine. You find a way to injure everything OP. :P

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Used to wear one for sports but never for lifting, the off the rack sports ones should be fine. You find a way to injure everything OP. :P
    You’re not kidding. Fuk me MF.

I am not kidding when I say I go Ballz to the wallz.

Any who I’m making progress. Seems like I needed more volume. I added 5 lbs to my rows and I lifted the fuker and it felt light for the first time in months.

I’m taking it slower now - not worrying about leanness for now. Eating maintenance and higher volume (went form 3x5 to 3x8-6). I’ll know in a month how it is for sure.

I got a cheap BB gun lol and a cheap mouth guard that I can mold to my mouth for $3. I’ll see how it works and maybe get a different one if this don’t work

And got two cheap mirrors to keep an eye on that bar while working out in my garage. Should’ve been a $3 trip. Came out $60 later

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    I got a cheap BB gun lol and a cheap mouth guard that I can mold to my mouth for $3. I’ll see how it works and maybe get a different one if this don’t work

And got two cheap mirrors to keep an eye on that bar while working out in my garage. Should’ve been a $3 trip. Came out $60 later
    If ur a real biter. Expect to go thru a couple a year if you wear it all the time.

For me maybe £10 year on ****ty mouth guards is hugely preferable to the cost of dental 😁 and the pain of actually damaging a tooth.

I will say They take a few sessions to get used to breathing with for getting big air in. That's the benefit of a proper lifting bite guard, easy breathing. But not worth 50+ notes a go.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    If ur a real biter. Expect to go thru a couple a year if you wear it all the time.

For me maybe £10 year on ****ty mouth guards is hugely preferable to the cost of dental 😁 and the pain of actually damaging a tooth.

I will say They take a few sessions to get used to breathing with for getting big air in. That's the benefit of a proper lifting bite guard, easy breathing. But not worth 50+ notes a go.
    No sweat on the mouth guard cost. The pain I have while eating is the worst. Hurting to eat just plain chicken. That’s not it man!!

Feels better with the nightguard in my mouth. Boiling water to fit the mouth guard.

It’s Shock Doctor Sport EZ guard. Apprently #1 in the world (packaging says that lmfao).

No sweat on the mouth guard cost. The pain I have while eating is the worst. Hurting to eat just plain chicken. That’s not it man!!

Feels better with the nightguard in my mouth. Boiling water to fit the mouth guard.

It’s Shock Doctor Sport EZ guard. Apprently #1 in the world (packaging says that lmfao).
    When I was at my peak anxiety levels and deep down in one of my bipolar holes I was clenching and grinding like a flour mill when I went off my meds 😂 the dentist was going to make me a night piece... £350~...

I didn't get it 😂 kinda wish I had now in hindsight.

Definitely won't go back to heavy lifting without a cheap guard tho. Not worth the risk.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    When I was at my peak anxiety levels and deep down in one of my bipolar holes I was clenching and grinding like a flour mill when I went off my meds 😂 the dentist was going to make me a night piece... £350~...

I didn't get it 😂 kinda wish I had now in hindsight.

Definitely won't go back to heavy lifting without a cheap guard tho. Not worth the risk.
    What - you don’t lift no more?

My cheap guard looks just like chicks retainers. It’s got all indentations of my teeth and is fitting snug.

I’m actually just warming up for my bench and it’s feeling all right.

What - you don’t lift no more?

My cheap guard looks just like chicks retainers. It’s got all indentations of my teeth and is fitting snug.

I’m actually just warming up for my bench and it’s feeling all right.
    Oh no, I'm still lifting xD

I just won't do any heavy sets that I'm likely to clench my jaw without putting my guard in.
    Not worth cracking a tooth.

Pretty sure this is the exact one I have rn. Couple of quid
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bought a New Age, which is the brand Shaw uses, because the design at least looks easier to breathe through. I like it a lot, I think they are running one of their buy one get one sales now cause the Arnold would have been this past weekend but it might be over.

I don't grind, but I caught myself opening my mouth a lot when squatting and pushing my tongue past my teeth and down behind my lower lip. No idea why and it made me nervous that I would eventually bite it. So I started wearing it to keep that from happening and now it is just habit, but I also focus on biting down on it during max attempts and that seems to make things more comfortable actually.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I bought a New Age, which is the brand Shaw uses, because the design at least looks easier to breathe through. I like it a lot, I think they are running one of their buy one get one sales now cause the Arnold would have been this past weekend but it might be over.

I don't grind, but I caught myself opening my mouth a lot when squatting and pushing my tongue past my teeth and down behind my lower lip. No idea why and it made me nervous that I would eventually bite it. So I started wearing it to keep that from happening and now it is just habit, but I also focus on biting down on it during max attempts and that seems to make things more comfortable actually.
    Thanks bro. I’ll check it out.

About that tongue, when I was a kid, I had a habit of sticking my tongue out when doing something with force like throwing a ball or kicking a ball etc. well we were playing one day and I had my tongue out and my opponent wanted to kick the ball as well. Well, he missed and smacked his knee right under my chin. Had a deep cut - like one inch in my tongue and had to let it bleed and heal on its own cuz apprently they can’t do stitches.

Soooo good going on your part!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope for your sake you don’t have what I do, because this is how it started. Then it turned into lock jaw and I have to take a script for it daily

Look into tmj /tmd
    Wincel crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I hope for your sake you don’t have what I do, because this is how it started. Then it turned into lock jaw and I have to take a script for it daily

Look into tmj /tmd
    One of the ladies i worked with had tmj. First bite she had intense flavor or nerve pain feeling. I never really asked her to explain me the type of feeling but that what it looked like to me. Id just ignore it since were eating together couple times a week. She would squint like she had something very very sour and duck down a little with pain. Then she’s be ok. She said it was the first bite of the day that was like that. Wierd af.

It’s getting better for me...worked out yesterday with a mouth guard and symptoms were not better or worse afterwards ... can still feel it when chewing on baked chicken but definitely better. More in my jaw than ear but it’s all still there.

What were your symptoms and did you do some stuff that you tried and it didn’t work? As in treatment that you did but it wouldn’t get better?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TMJ arthralgia is what I have. At 21 I had a jaw injury. By 23 I thought I had a root canal that needed to be taken care of on my upper back right last molar.

Well I got the root canal. From the injury a few years prior part of the root broke off, migrated up, calcified and caused arthritic nerve damage. As I understand. I had pain from the back of my jaw up into my ear. It hurt worst at night. Then it progressed and by dinner time it felt like the muscle in my jaw was so sore and fatigued that I could barely move it causing lock jaw. At this point I was put on medication. This helped with the nerve pain and inflammation.

I will also note I am prone to arthritis/autoimmune crap. The joints in my feet already are eligible for surgery and my knee. All of my siblings and my dad by 25 had arthritis too. My brothers wasn’t even from an injury, he’s a computer programmer and it’s from typing to much in his wrists.

Mouth guards did very little for me.
    Wincel crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    TMJ arthralgia is what I have. At 21 I had a jaw injury. By 23 I thought I had a root canal that needed to be taken care of on my upper back right last molar.

Well I got the root canal. From the injury a few years prior part of the root broke off, migrated up, calcified and caused arthritic nerve damage. As I understand. I had pain from the back of my jaw up into my ear. It hurt worst at night. Then it progressed and by dinner time it felt like the muscle in my jaw was so sore and fatigued that I could barely move it causing lock jaw. At this point I was put on medication. This helped with the nerve pain and inflammation.

I will also note I am prone to arthritis/autoimmune crap. The joints in my feet already are eligible for surgery and my knee. All of my siblings and my dad by 25 had arthritis too. My brothers wasn’t even from an injury, he’s a computer programmer and it’s from typing to much in his wrists.

Mouth guards did very little for me.
    Dang it. I have a crown on my upper left molar (all wisdom teeth pulled and gone - surgically broken into pieces cuz of no room) and also got a root canal done.

Fuk now I’m considering having that molar with the crown removed. I’m gonna text my dentist in the morning and see what she says. Scared now

weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds like you have cracked tooth. Anyway, I was thinking to add some from my personal experience. Night guards made by dentist are expensive and they are fairly thin. I you wear them for training sessions you will chew them up in no time. Night guards are also made from harder plastic and not very cushy. Get sportsguard instead, your dentist can make you one. Or mold them yourself from 20$ kit. But you definitely need one especially for leg days.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    sounds like you have cracked tooth.
    Thought I had that once. Every once in a while, I would chew on something and I would feel a jolt in the tooth. Turns out I had cracked a crown and the jolt was the crown shifting a bit. I had the crown replaced and that solved the problem... until the new crown cracks.

I'm a nighttime grinder as well so that may be thing to consider if you have crowns and you get these periodic pains.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Gotcha guys. She already checked the crown. It’s not cracked. She said insstsad of taking the crown offf and put back on, I try nightguard and see if it helps.

My nightguard and sports guard are separate two different things. Nightguard is definitely pretty thick and nothing like my sports guard. I’ll try and see how it heals next few days. It is feeling better and eating aggravates it for sure

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks bro. I’ll check it out.

About that tongue, when I was a kid, I had a habit of sticking my tongue out when doing something with force like throwing a ball or kicking a ball etc. well we were playing one day and I had my tongue out and my opponent wanted to kick the ball as well. Well, he missed and smacked his knee right under my chin. Had a deep cut - like one inch in my tongue and had to let it bleed and heal on its own cuz apprently they can’t do stitches.

Soooo good going on your part!
    I hope no one knees/kicks me in my basement while lifting. However, my kid was once playing with the broomstick I use to do shoulder dislocators and she wedged the tip behind something and pulled it and let it go and it flung through the air and smacked the rack while I was squatting. Nobody hurt but a very WTF moment.

I will say with the New Age specifically - be very careful when forming them. Try not to get the center piece in the heat and don't leave it in longer than recommended, they will deform very easily.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

First visit to the dentist - she suspected the crown or a bad root canal or fractured tooth.

Have me pain pills, antibiotics and prescribed mouth guard at night (to relive effects of grinding)

I also got a sports guard for workouts.

Well few days pass and symptoms are getting better but after eating it would get worse.

Dentist asked to come in. She removed the crown saying I’m probably grinding it into my bottom teeth and causing swelling in the ligaments behind the tooth etc. Been a couple days and I feel like a million bucks!

So gonna go back in a bit after swelling settles and she will put in a new crown which is gonna be a bit higher than the last one.

Thought I’d update y’all. Glad it wasn’t a fractured tooth cuz then it would’ve been adios time for it...

👍 Nice..
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead