Reply
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 33
    Posts: 2,410
    Rep Power: 6238
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline

    Rogue Floor Glute Bench (Any Owners Of It)...

    I think I might've heard of this bench previously, but with the fairly new channel (KneesOverToesGuy) it seems to be getting recognition for nordic curls as well as its cheaper alternative ways to get the movement done and along with the Tibia Machine at claims of restoring knee and ankle stability as well as of course strengthening them.

    Has anyone ever tried the Rogue Glute Bench?

    How does it stack up to just a regular GHD?

    I don't see much info about it in a quick couple of forum searches on here...it's pricey, but looks like a nice piece if space allows one and obviously a one trick piece...

    https://www.roguefitness.com/floor-g...BoCLecQAvD_BwE
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 260
    Rep Power: 896
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    I have the Abrams GHD. I'd be worried how hard that one is, since you can't drop your knees through at all. One review even says so. If you have the room, if get a full on GHD.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User JohnCuster's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Posts: 148
    Rep Power: 403
    JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    JohnCuster is offline
    I have one and a full Abrams 2.0.

    Both are excellent, but eat up space.

    The Floor model can me stored easier.

    Ben's KneesOverToes program is solid, I have used it a bit to deal w/fall out from 6 knee ops.

    I snagged that Tib Bar, too...well made, but took forever coming from Australia.
    Sorinex Crew #1
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User TunaGill's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Plano, Texas, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 187
    Rep Power: 709
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TunaGill is offline
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I think I might've heard of this bench previously, but with the fairly new channel (KneesOverToesGuy) it seems to be getting recognition for nordic curls as well as its cheaper alternative ways to get the movement done and along with the Tibia Machine at claims of restoring knee and ankle stability as well as of course strengthening them.

    Has anyone ever tried the Rogue Glute Bench?

    How does it stack up to just a regular GHD?

    I don't see much info about it in a quick couple of forum searches on here...it's pricey, but looks like a nice piece if space allows one and obviously a one trick piece...

    https://www.roguefitness.com/floor-g...BoCLecQAvD_BwE
    I have the Sorinex Poor Man's Glute Ham developer (P2 version).

    I put it as close to the wall as I can, and then attached an anchor high up on the wall to attach bands to that I loop around my chest/arm pits.

    Helps with progressions for anybody, depending on which band(s) you attach.

    Not the same thing as a "regular" GHR (I've owned both the Rogue Abram 2.0 and elitefts collegiate models), but it works just fine.

    Combined with some RDLs or good mornings with the Marrs bar, and my hammies are set.

    I've always wanted to get a westside inverse curl, and almost snagged a used one last week, but it was the one with plate storage and wouldn't fit in the space I had. I also remember Mech saying he had made his own version but didn't like it.

    So I'll stick with my poor man's for now...
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,861
    Rep Power: 14867
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    I've always wanted to get a westside inverse curl, and almost snagged a used one last week, but it was the one with plate storage and wouldn't fit in the space I had. I also remember Mech saying he had made his own version but didn't like it.

    So I'll stick with my poor man's for now...
    I'm using the inverse curl now pretty often. At first it would hurt the back of my knees, but then I read a random blog post on westside's site and it mentionned that the foot roller should be very tight not to let the ankles move up when doing the movement (like in a GHR). I did that and all stress behind the knees went away. I like it. I rotate them in with GHR and 45deg hypers (with 100 lbs sandbag)

    found the link:
    https://www.westside-barbell.com/blo...n-inverse-curl

    this is the area that caught my eye:
    "Use the ankle rollers open and closed, locking the ankles in will place serious tension on the hamstrings, while leaving them open will cause greater muscle recruitment in the calves and lower hamstring."

    That "lower hanmstring" area is pretty much back of the knees which was my problem.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User TunaGill's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Plano, Texas, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 187
    Rep Power: 709
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TunaGill is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    I'm using the inverse curl now pretty often. At first it would hurt the back of my knees, but then I read a random blog post on westside's site and it mentionned that the foot roller should be very tight not to let the ankles move up when doing the movement (like in a GHR). I did that and all stress behind the knees went away. I like it. I rotate them in with GHR and 45deg hypers (with 100 lbs sandbag)

    found the link:
    https://www.westside-barbell.com/blo...n-inverse-curl

    this is the area that caught my eye:
    "Use the ankle rollers open and closed, locking the ankles in will place serious tension on the hamstrings, while leaving them open will cause greater muscle recruitment in the calves and lower hamstring."

    That "lower hanmstring" area is pretty much back of the knees which was my problem.
    Gotcha.

    Now I really need to get one.

    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User squat802's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 190
    Rep Power: 1291
    squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000)
    squat802 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    I'm using the inverse curl now pretty often. At first it would hurt the back of my knees, but then I read a random blog post on westside's site and it mentionned that the foot roller should be very tight not to let the ankles move up when doing the movement (like in a GHR). I did that and all stress behind the knees went away. I like it. I rotate them in with GHR and 45deg hypers (with 100 lbs sandbag)

    found the link:
    https://www.westside-barbell.com/blo...n-inverse-curl

    this is the area that caught my eye:
    "Use the ankle rollers open and closed, locking the ankles in will place serious tension on the hamstrings, while leaving them open will cause greater muscle recruitment in the calves and lower hamstring."

    That "lower hanmstring" area is pretty much back of the knees which was my problem.
    I had the exact same problem with pain in the back of my knee's using the PowerLift Bodyweight leg curl. One of the main reasons I sold it and have passed on an Inverse Curl a couple of times. I wish I had seen that article myself. Thanks

    https://www.powerliftusa.com/product...0-dc66dd108eb0
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 33
    Posts: 2,410
    Rep Power: 6238
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline
    Originally Posted by JohnCuster View Post
    I have one and a full Abrams 2.0.

    Both are excellent, but eat up space.

    The Floor model can me stored easier.

    Ben's KneesOverToes program is solid, I have used it a bit to deal w/fall out from 6 knee ops.

    I snagged that Tib Bar, too...well made, but took forever coming from Australia.
    Do you find the Glute Bench considerably more difficult compared to the Abrams 2.0? Ben's advice on bullet proofing the knees for health and longevity is really interesting.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User B1LL1ST1C's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 814
    Rep Power: 3076
    B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    B1LL1ST1C is offline
    I’ve actually had my eye on Rogue’s Floor Glute as well recently. Don’t have the room in my gym for a GHD but this thing looks like a solid compromise. In fact from what I’ve seen and read it appears that Nordic curls are an equally, if not more, challenging exercise for the hams. Just started following that KneesOverToes guy as well and I’m even more intrigued now. Still might take up a bit of space but at least it has wheels so you can move it around if need be. Think I’ll be pulling the trigger soon.
    Last edited by B1LL1ST1C; 03-12-2021 at 03:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User JohnCuster's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Posts: 148
    Rep Power: 403
    JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnCuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    JohnCuster is offline
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Do you find the Glute Bench considerably more difficult compared to the Abrams 2.0? Ben's advice on bullet proofing the knees for health and longevity is really interesting.

    Ben is onto some interesting stuff, I've been following him before Rogan and Mark Bell went public w/their interest in his work, so hopefully I got all the stuff I need for adapting his program (if I didn't already have it) before it sells out in a rush, lol.

    There seems to be a lot of similar stuff in Ben's concept of knee position to John Welbourn and Power Athlete's work, specifically in movement patterning from the foot to hip...knees always go over the toe in sport and life so it might be time to rethink how we're training in the weight room with knee and toe positions, IMO.

    I'm hoping that Ben and John can get together for a podcast as well, maybe along w/Dr. Matt Zanis (PAHQ's best rehab guy).

    The full GHD vs the Floor model is a different movement; GHD is a little "easier" per se, at least for me, it is not egregious strain to hop on the Floor model after a cycle of full GHD.

    If I had to get one of the two and never buy something again, I'd probably go Floor model b/c it eats less space.

    The Sorinex model is nice, too and actually costs less on sticker than Rogue, but costs almost as much as the unit itself to ship, so you end up in the same spend bracket w/either one.

    I think the Sorinex lead time is 16 weeks and counting, on anything, and Rogue is 30-60 on the Floor model w/cheaper ship out ($78.00 to me if I ordered right now)...also, the Rogue model is heavier duty (108lbs to 86lbs), which stays more stable on the floor, IMO.

    My only knock on any of these design wise is that you can't just stand them upright like a good flat or adjustable bench that is designed for better storage, they ned to lean or rest on something.
    Sorinex Crew #1
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 33
    Posts: 2,410
    Rep Power: 6238
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline
    Originally Posted by JohnCuster View Post
    Ben is onto some interesting stuff, I've been following him before Rogan and Mark Bell went public w/their interest in his work, so hopefully I got all the stuff I need for adapting his program (if I didn't already have it) before it sells out in a rush, lol.

    There seems to be a lot of similar stuff in Ben's concept of knee position to John Welbourn and Power Athlete's work, specifically in movement patterning from the foot to hip...knees always go over the toe in sport and life so it might be time to rethink how we're training in the weight room with knee and toe positions, IMO.

    I'm hoping that Ben and John can get together for a podcast as well, maybe along w/Dr. Matt Zanis (PAHQ's best rehab guy).

    The full GHD vs the Floor model is a different movement; GHD is a little "easier" per se, at least for me, it is not egregious strain to hop on the Floor model after a cycle of full GHD.

    If I had to get one of the two and never buy something again, I'd probably go Floor model b/c it eats less space.

    The Sorinex model is nice, too and actually costs less on sticker than Rogue, but costs almost as much as the unit itself to ship, so you end up in the same spend bracket w/either one.

    I think the Sorinex lead time is 16 weeks and counting, on anything, and Rogue is 30-60 on the Floor model w/cheaper ship out ($78.00 to me if I ordered right now)...also, the Rogue model is heavier duty (108lbs to 86lbs), which stays more stable on the floor, IMO.

    My only knock on any of these design wise is that you can't just stand them upright like a good flat or adjustable bench that is designed for better storage, they ned to lean or rest on something.
    Perfect, thanks for all this valuable info with comparisons and as far as Ben's advice on the subject, I want to find a way to incorporate some of the movements along with the full body routine I'm on if it's possible to dedicate some time to both...I might have to send him a message and perhaps get on a tailored program, or at least incorporate some of the movements into the full body sessions if the placement is relevant to do so.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Chihuahua in the rain Corbets's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2018
    Location: ZG, Switzerland
    Posts: 815
    Rep Power: 8391
    Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Corbets is offline
    I’m going to have to ask a dumb question here.

    The point of this floor model is to save space over a GHD, right? But it looks to me like the whole unit is kind of pointless, except to “weigh down” the foot pad. Wouldn’t it be even more space-saving to simply mount the footpad onto your rack somehow, then do the raises from the floor? I’m thinking something like this, maybe a little longer, but I guess you could make this work?

    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-m...unt-leg-roller
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

    My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Age: 49
    Posts: 266
    Rep Power: 641
    grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    grapegorilla is offline
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    I’m going to have to ask a dumb question here.

    The point of this floor model is to save space over a GHD, right? But it looks to me like the whole unit is kind of pointless, except to “weigh down” the foot pad. Wouldn’t it be even more space-saving to simply mount the footpad onto your rack somehow, then do the raises from the floor? I’m thinking something like this, maybe a little longer, but I guess you could make this work?

    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-m...unt-leg-roller
    See above for reference to the Tib Bar or look at the Nordic Bar. Just like you suggest.
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

    It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 33
    Posts: 2,410
    Rep Power: 6238
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    I’m going to have to ask a dumb question here.

    The point of this floor model is to save space over a GHD, right? But it looks to me like the whole unit is kind of pointless, except to “weigh down” the foot pad. Wouldn’t it be even more space-saving to simply mount the footpad onto your rack somehow, then do the raises from the floor? I’m thinking something like this, maybe a little longer, but I guess you could make this work?

    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-m...unt-leg-roller
    Corbets, that wasn't as much a dumb question as it was a smart solution! I didn't even know about that roller piece let alone that it exist to retro fit it to a 2X3 rack and it's way cheaper and more portable.

    I also looked at the more precise attachment pieces grapegorilla posted about as well, that company is from Austraila and I'm from the US. Anyways, I can definitely see some multiple use potential out of that Rogue attachment.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User Heisman2's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Posts: 13,603
    Rep Power: 73010
    Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heisman2 is offline
    Some of you may have a lat pulldown where you can wedge your ankles underneath the knee pads and put you knees on the seat to do a GHR or Nordic leg curl (you can use the lat pulldown bar for support).

    If you have a functional trainer or any pulley set up you can wrap a strap around your foot and sit on the floor to do tib raises, Same thing for hip flexion if you stand on a box/bench. You'll have to do 1 leg at a time but it works (I've been doing it).
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 33
    Posts: 2,410
    Rep Power: 6238
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Some of you may have a lat pulldown where you can wedge your ankles underneath the knee pads and put you knees on the seat to do a GHR or Nordic leg curl (you can use the lat pulldown bar for support).

    If you have a functional trainer or any pulley set up you can wrap a strap around your foot and sit on the floor to do tib raises, Same thing for hip flexion if you stand on a box/bench. You'll have to do 1 leg at a time but it works (I've been doing it).
    I'll have to try this with my Powertec lat machine first before spending any extra money, I remember reading about this a while back in an old thread (might've been one I posted a few years back), but never got around to trying it out/focusing on the glute ham raise exercise, also the tibia exercise alternative sounds interesting too...I got a Spud Inc Ham Stinger attachment that might work for this movement.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Chihuahua in the rain Corbets's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2018
    Location: ZG, Switzerland
    Posts: 815
    Rep Power: 8391
    Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Corbets is offline
    Originally Posted by grapegorilla View Post
    See above for reference to the Tib Bar or look at the Nordic Bar. Just like you suggest.
    I guess there wasn’t enough context in those for me to see the connection. ;P

    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Corbets, that wasn't as much a dumb question as it was a smart solution! I didn't even know about that roller piece let alone that it exist to retro fit it to a 2X3 rack and it's way cheaper and more portable.

    I also looked at the more precise attachment pieces grapegorilla posted about as well, that company is from Austraila and I'm from the US. Anyways, I can definitely see some multiple use potential out of that Rogue attachment.
    Well, glad it helped! If you go that route let us know how it works out, as I might try it myself... glad it wasn’t too obvious a thing then.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

    My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Age: 49
    Posts: 266
    Rep Power: 641
    grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    grapegorilla is offline
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    I guess there wasn’t enough context in those for me to see the connection. ;P
    I had never heard of either until this thread. It was a random "wtf is a Tib Bar?" google I was looking at same rogue attachment you were and the only reason I think I would prefer the "split" pad is to allow centered bands to be attached to the rack.
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

    It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Registered User TunaGill's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Plano, Texas, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 187
    Rep Power: 709
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TunaGill is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    Gotcha.

    Now I really need to get one.

    Regarding the inverse curl machine, does anybody besides Rogue make the Westside version now? I remember thinking Legend Fitness and/or Williams Strength used to make them for Westside.

    The reason I'm looking for another company is Rogue will not allow you to order it in any color except for black, and supposedly it will not ship for 18-20 weeks.

    I saw where Watson over in the UK makes it (in custom colors unlike Rogue!), but I can't imagine it would be quicker coming from the UK than from Ohio, even if Rogue is extremely slow....
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 260
    Rep Power: 896
    RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    Regarding the inverse curl machine, does anybody besides Rogue make the Westside version now? I remember thinking Legend Fitness and/or Williams Strength used to make them for Westside.

    The reason I'm looking for another company is Rogue will not allow you to order it in any color except for black, and supposedly it will not ship for 18-20 weeks.

    I saw where Watson over in the UK makes it (in custom colors unlike Rogue!), but I can't imagine it would be quicker coming from the UK than from Ohio, even if Rogue is extremely slow....
    https://www.sorinex.com/collections/...-ham-developer
    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s...er/400490.html
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User TunaGill's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Plano, Texas, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 187
    Rep Power: 709
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TunaGill is offline
    Sorry for the confusion.

    I was not talking about the poor man's glute ham raise, but the inverse curl machine that Westside Barbell came out with a long time ago.

    Several thousand dollars.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Registered User TunaGill's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Plano, Texas, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 187
    Rep Power: 709
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TunaGill is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    Regarding the inverse curl machine, does anybody besides Rogue make the Westside version now? I remember thinking Legend Fitness and/or Williams Strength used to make them for Westside.

    The reason I'm looking for another company is Rogue will not allow you to order it in any color except for black, and supposedly it will not ship for 18-20 weeks.

    I saw where Watson over in the UK makes it (in custom colors unlike Rogue!), but I can't imagine it would be quicker coming from the UK than from Ohio, even if Rogue is extremely slow....
    I found out that Dynamic Fitness in Wisconsin still makes the inverse curl.

    Won't take 18-20 weeks either like Rogue says to make the Westside inverse curl.

    Also from talking to them they seem like a good company.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Registered User kis55's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Posts: 79
    Rep Power: 554
    kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    kis55 is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    I found out that Dynamic Fitness in Wisconsin still makes the inverse curl.

    Won't take 18-20 weeks either like Rogue says to make the Westside inverse curl.

    Also from talking to them they seem like a good company.
    FYI, Atlantis also makes a version of the inverse curl machine. The price point is slightly cheaper than Rogues version, and it comes with weight storage (included in price). I think their lead time is approx 16 weeks.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,861
    Rep Power: 14867
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is offline
    Originally Posted by kis55 View Post
    FYI, Atlantis also makes a version of the inverse curl machine. The price point is slightly cheaper than Rogues version, and it comes with weight storage (included in price). I think their lead time is approx 16 weeks.
    Careful with this one. The "original" (not really, it's 100% ripoff of the westside version) had the usual flat pad. The webiste now says it has a GHR (half-moon) pad on it, which makes it WAY too easy and doesn't really work the same way as the original. I'd stay away from it if you can't get the flat pad.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  25. #25
    Registered User kis55's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Posts: 79
    Rep Power: 554
    kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    kis55 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Careful with this one. The "original" (not really, it's 100% ripoff of the westside version) had the usual flat pad. The webiste now says it has a GHR (half-moon) pad on it, which makes it WAY too easy and doesn't really work the same way as the original. I'd stay away from it if you can't get the flat pad.
    That's interesting. All the videos i"ve seen on it use the flat pad, but now when i look at their website, it does show the half moon pads on it. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't even realize that.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #26
    Neutral Good murphyreedus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Location: Wisconsin, United States
    Posts: 1,631
    Rep Power: 14101
    murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    murphyreedus is offline
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    I found out that Dynamic Fitness in Wisconsin still makes the inverse curl.

    Won't take 18-20 weeks either like Rogue says to make the Westside inverse curl.

    Also from talking to them they seem like a good company.
    They are a good company. I'm fairly local to them and have bought a lot of stuff from them, and there's a thread somewhere on here about them. They are definitely more focused on big customers like colleges and gyms vs the home gym crowd, so they don't get a ton of mention here, but I've always been impressed with how they treat me even as a "small time" customer.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts