Registered User serviljohnpadiz's Avatar
    serviljohnpadiz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can I fast for 16-18 hours?

Can I fast for 16-18 hours without losing muscle? I’m bulking and I didn’t even notice I fasted for that long and I want to know how many hours I have to go without food to notice that I might lose muscle

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Without losing - probably yes. But that's not the same as optimally recomping.

If, like me you aren't hungry in the mornings say - then just chug a protein shake and then you don't need to worry about it.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You won't 'lose' muscle if your protein and calories are adequate and you're training while making progress.

Is it 'ideal'? No.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

If, like me you aren't hungry in the mornings say - then just chug a protein shake and then you don't need to worry about it.
    Thank you, yes that’s what I was doing but I haven’t got whey protein shake right now for a while so I have to know for sure I’m not losing muscle

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You won't 'lose' muscle if your protein and calories are adequate and you're training while making progress.

Is it 'ideal'? No.
    so progress wise it’s not optimal? Ok thanks

Can I still gain a decent amount of muscle though while fasting this long?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by serviljohnpadiz View Post
    Can I still gain a decent amount of muscle though while fasting this long?
    Muscle gain is slow. Doing anything that might trip it up is a bad.

Haven't we already had this conversation? If you want to gain muscle, do the necessary things. Consuming enough protein is going to be the least of your efforts...

Muscle gain is slow. Doing anything that might trip it up is a bad.

Haven't we already had this conversation? If you want to gain muscle, do the necessary things. Consuming enough protein is going to be the least of your efforts...
    I did what u said, body weight x1.6 every day . How did I trip it up ??

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IF is more for dieting down purposes when fat loss is the goal. When in a mass adding phase it's what you DON'T want to do. If muscle gain is the goal it's important to have some protein a few times evenly during the day to maximize Muscle Protein Synthesis
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    IF is more for dieting down purposes when fat loss is the goal. When in a mass adding phase it's what you DON'T want to do. If muscle gain is the goal it's important to have some protein a few times evenly during the day to maximize Muscle Protein Synthesis
    Yes I weigh 200 pounds and I eat 160-200 grams of protein a day, and no I’m not gonna fast anymore I did it unconsciously, and thank u

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes I weigh 200 pounds and I eat 160-200 grams of protein a day, and no I’m not gonna fast anymore I did it unconsciously, and thank u
    At 200 there's a good chance you should be cutting. Post a pic for better advice however I can almost guarantee you should be prioritizing fat loss over muscle gain right now
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

OK, it sounded like you were trying to avoid eating enough protein. So you just need spread it out through the day for best results. 3-5 widely spaced feedings should be fine.

OK, it sounded like you were trying to avoid eating enough protein. So you just need spread it out through the day for best results. 3-5 widely spaced feedings should be fine.
    Ok thanks, should be fine for muscle gain you mean?

Ok thanks, should be fine for muscle gain you mean?
    Do it all the time - because you need to minimise muscle loss during dieting phases too. You can even gain muscle during a slow cut.