WSG0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Need Clarification on my "rapid" weight loss!

Hello everyone! I got back into working out seriously around 3 months ago and my starting weight was 326lb for a 5'11 lightly active male! Since then I have been on a 1500 calorie low carb and high protien diet with 3 days of full body wieght training of 3 sets 8-10 reps and low intensity walking cardio 5-6 days a week! Here are my latest weekly logged weight loss statistics.

Week of Feb 22 2021:
    Feb 22: 299.2
    Feb 23:296.2
    Feb 24: 295.4 (could not workout
    Feb 25: 295.4
    Feb 26: 295
    Feb 27: 293
    Feb 28: 291.2 (Rest Day)
    Total weight lost:8lb ( I thought 8 pounds may have been a little fast but given my weight at the time, I just thought it was water wieght and kept going)

Week of March 1 2021:
    Mar 1:293
    Mar 2:293.6
    Mar 3:292
    Mar 4:290
    Mar 5:? (forgot to weigh myself)
    Mar 6:288
    Mar 7:? (unknown at the time of posting)
    Total Weight lost: 5lb (Not the entire weeks worth of weight loss/gain but I used what was there)

My problem is that I think for a 290lb 5'11 male that I might be losing weight too quickly but I can't tell because of my weight if it's purely water and fat or maybe some muscle aswell. I have noticed that I have made strength and muscle gains but I feel these may be newbie gains. I'm losing weight and appear to have leaned out and gained muscle but I feel the weight of my weight loss is too rapid and I'll develop loose skin or a almost skinny fat aesthetic when I reach my weight goal of 180. My estimated BMR is around 2000-2300 calories so I subtracted 600 calories from there to create a caloric deficit around 1700 calories but I'm also worried that raising my caloric intake like this might have the opposite effect of weight loss and instead cause me to gain weight. I'm conflicted if I should increase my caloric intake to 1700 to slow the pace of my weight loss to conserve muscle and burn only fat or if I should stick with my 1500 calorie diet. My only issue with sticking to my current 1500 diet is that when I hit a weight loss plateau I might need to either decrease my calories by 10% give or take or increase the resistance of my weight lifting and speed of my cardio to compensate but neither of these option will negate the loose skin effect that rapid weight loss may cause to my body. I'm very good and precise about getting my right amount of macro nutrients in and sticking to my diet!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can lose weight faster when you are heavier. Also, a lot of the initial weight loss will be water weight. You can already see that there was a 3lbs difference between week1 and week2. It probably won't be 5lbs in week 3...

If you feel fine, keep going. Only worry if you start to feel really bad and are losing strength.

You won't hit a plateau at that calorie level... Metabolism can adjust but only by around 200 cals per day on average. Most of the time when people think they have plateaued, they are just retaining water which can go on for several weeks.

Actually, for the past 8 measurements, the trend in your weight loss is 4.4lbs per week - you can be fooled if you only compare the start and end numbers - you need to account for the "noise" in the readings by using a line of best fit
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 03-07-2021 at 02:24 AM.