LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My low body fat isn't adding up

Edit: my age is not 51, dunno why it says that on my account

Hi all, new poster here. I need some help as I recently bought some of them fancy scales that send the electric pulse through my body and tells me about my bf%, weight, BMI, protein, bone mass, etc.

I'm 5'4 Male, 20 years old, weigh 52.1 KG (or nearly 8 stone or whatever) and have a very mildly active life, with a pretty crap diet, with mainly fatty foods with about 25g of protein across all my daily meals. My body fat percentage is 8.4 percent, despite not ever being in the gym or eating really healthy. I'm really weak, like, super weak, but my body is mostly muscle apparently and It doesn't really add up to me?

I'm super skinny on the arms and upper body with no real pecs or anything but with a normal looking bottom half and it's really confusing me as to how I have a low body fat, when I have a belly and a crappy diet? I have little muscle mass on my top half as I said but again, shouldn't that mean my BF% be higher, because more of my total body weight would be fat?

Super curious how that would play out if I started going gym and such, whether it would increase my body fat percent or lessen it, cause my fairly sedentary lifestyle isn't supposed to give me a "super lean" or "athlete" level of body fat surely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated on how its so low with such little effort, and how it would be affected through going gym.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    rule number one: don't trust those fancy scales

without sugar-coating anything, they are a waste of money because of the horrible inaccuracy

LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukeKay159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    rule number one: don't trust those fancy scales

without sugar-coating anything, they are a waste of money because of the horrible inaccuracy
    Right thanks, yeah I wasn't expecting them to be super accurate but if they won't give me even a remotely close idea, then it's a bit of a scam then! at least I'm not crazy, cheers for putting it bluntly

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A full length mirror is the best bf% scale.

serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serjioc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think the machine that dips you into the water is the most accurate way (hydrostatic weighing I think its called) to measure your bodyfat. Not sure how expensive or where to get this done.

Second is maybe calipers, maybe you can have someone help skin measure you. The calipers are like 5 bucks on ebay.

Third or last is the electic things you hold or stand on. I think.
    Please respond..

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by serjioc View Post
    I think the machine that dips you into the water is the most accurate way (hydrostatic weighing I think its called) to measure your bodyfat. Not sure how expensive or where to get this done.

Second is maybe calipers, maybe you can have someone help skin measure you. The calipers are like 5 bucks on ebay.

Third or last is the electic things you hold or stand on. I think.
    dexa is better than calipers

But op only weighs 114 lbs I don’t think knowing his body fat matters much

Op do you only eat 25 mgs of protein a day total or per meal total? Or per meal a day eating say 3 full meals a day? Either way I would at least get 90 grams a day

It’s time to bulk. Your current life style will make you lean because you weigh 114 lbs which means you’re not eating much. If you started to eat more at a small surplus you will gain muscle and some fat but you’ll look better cause you’ll have more muscle on your skin and bones. A small surplus and not a dreamer bulk can lower the amount of fat weight you gain while bulking in my experience
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew