Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sethsource is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not hungry at all in deficit??

Hey guys, I'm coming here pretty desperate for good information. So I've been working out for a good while, I'm 5'9 146lbs around 15% body fat. I train full body 3 times a week. Anyway, before I got super serious with fitness and nutrition I was hungry A LOT. All the time. I was around 25% body fat. Ive been steady gaining for a while eating in like a 10% deficit and I've definitely gained muscle and lost fat. But my problem is, I'm seriously not hungry at all recently. I'm trying to eat around 2000-2100 calories, around 40 grams of fat, and 150gramd of protein and it's very very difficult. I feel like I'm force feeding myself to the point of being sick. I struggle to get even 1100 calories daily but I just force myself the rest. I'm losing like 1lbs a week which I should be.

Is there anything I can do to fix this and give myself any resemblance of an appetite?

Thanks.

P.s. I should also mention that I feel consistency fatigued and light headed. Just feel like garbage 24/7 and never have any energy. I put everything I have into my workouts. But yeah if you guys have any advice I'll take it gladly.
    Last edited by sethsource; 03-05-2021 at 09:29 PM.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your fats are too low

You should not feel light headed

What’s your actual daily caloric intake average, if you were to say take the past two weeks and add them all together and divided by 14?
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sethsource View Post
    P.s. I should also mention that I feel consistency fatigued and light headed. Just feel like garbage 24/7 and never have any energy. I put everything I have into my workouts. But yeah if you guys have any advice I'll take it gladly.
    Perhaps increasing fat will fix your problem. The recommended minimum is 0.4 gram per lb.

But are you sure you should be cutting at 146 lb?

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Your fats are too low

You should not feel light headed

What’s your actual daily caloric intake average, if you were to say take the past two weeks and add them all together and divided by 14?
    I will definitely increase my fats and see if that helps. I'll aim for like 70 grams that should be enough. I don't have exact numbers from past weeks but I'll just tell you it's definitely too low. A lot of the times I have the will power to force feed myself to say 2000-2100, but if I'm being honest I don't get there sometimes.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Perhaps increasing fat will fix your problem. The recommended minimum is 0.4 gram per lb.

But are you sure you should be cutting at 146 lb?
    I will definitely increase my fat. Thank you for recommending this. And about cutting at 146 lbs... Obviously I'm going to lose fat WAY WAY faster than I'm going to gain muscle mass. I'm trying to have a very slight deficit or just maintain my fat % so that I'm able to still keep size while I'm putting on more lean mass so I don't look like anorexic or whatever. I don't want to be down to 10% without the lean mass to replace that weight you know? Anyway, I would really like to be at my maintenance which is around 2400 I believe. But it's literally extremely hard to get that. I'm having to forcefeed myself to get like 1500 calories and it's beyond force feeding to get the very small deficit. I guess I'm cutting not by choice. I'm not sure what to do.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will definitely increase my fat. Thank you for recommending this. And about cutting at 146 lbs... Obviously I'm going to lose fat WAY WAY faster than I'm going to gain muscle mass. I'm trying to have a very slight deficit or just maintain my fat % so that I'm able to still keep size while I'm putting on more lean mass so I don't look like anorexic or whatever. I don't want to be down to 10% without the lean mass to replace that weight you know? Anyway, I would really like to be at my maintenance which is around 2400 I believe. But it's literally extremely hard to get that. I'm having to forcefeed myself to get like 1500 calories and it's beyond force feeding to get the very small deficit. I guess I'm cutting not by choice. I'm not sure what to do.
    A couple of questions for you:

1. Are you weighing 100% of your food and drinks?

2. Are you using a good app to track calories?

3. Are you not using cups and spoons to measure? (they are very inaccurate)

4. What is your fiber intake?

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You didn't mention what you've been eating, but if by "super serious with nutrition" you mean you also only eat "healthy/clean" foods now - that could have something to do with your lack of appetite.

In addition to the suggestions above, make sure you have some foods you really enjoy eating in your diet if you're force feeding yourself 1,500 cals/day at such a low calorie count. In the end it doesn't matter if you have some "bad" food in your diet if you hit your cals/macros.

Side note: make sure you're staying well-hydrated in general and during your workouts.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How old r u?

You’re pretty light to be cutting
    The power of carbs compels me!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will definitely increase my fats and see if that helps. I'll aim for like 70 grams that should be enough. I don't have exact numbers from past weeks but I'll just tell you it's definitely too low. A lot of the times I have the will power to force feed myself to say 2000-2100, but if I'm being honest I don't get there sometimes.
    one concern is your eating over all to little calories, causing your phosphorus levels to get to low which will make you not hungry at all. Are you avoiding salt? Getting some blood work done to check out why your dizzy
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You need to post a photo otherwise this is all just guessing. You may be headed in the wrong direction and a pic will allow for much better and accurate advice. Every post about these things should include a pic in the original post for reference.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I only weigh in grams. I track literally everything I cook with or consume.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I only weigh in grams. I track literally everything I cook with or consume.
    So when you go out for food, you bring a scale?

Sad world

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You didn't mention what you've been eating, but if by "super serious with nutrition" you mean you also only eat "healthy/clean" foods now - that could have something to do with your lack of appetite.

In addition to the suggestions above, make sure you have some foods you really enjoy eating in your diet if you're force feeding yourself 1,500 cals/day at such a low calorie count. In the end it doesn't matter if you have some "bad" food in your diet if you hit your cals/macros.

Side note: make sure you're staying well-hydrated in general and during your workouts.

Yeah I mean I don't eat 100% clean all the time. I just keep it to my cals / macros.

The thing is though, even the food I used to crave, even that I have to forcefeed as well. Like yesterday, I was pretty low on my calories and it was the end of the day I had already hit my macros And so I just had to forcefeed myself some chips to get to my calories

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    So when you go out for food, you bring a scale?

Sad world
    Haha I don't go out to eat

How old r u?

You’re pretty light to be cutting
    Haha yeah this is my issue my body is like forcing me to be cutting when I don't need to be. I would love to be easily eating in my maintenance

I don't think my fiber intake is terrible. I do eat decent amounts of fibrous carbohydrates

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You need to post a photo otherwise this is all just guessing. You may be headed in the wrong direction and a pic will allow for much better and accurate advice. Every post about these things should include a pic in the original post for reference.

Well I'm definitely 15-18% body fat . And cutting at this point is definitely the wrong direction and I'm trying to turn it around. I'm comfortable with the size that I'm at right now and i want the size I gain to be from lean mass. I want to be eating at my maintenance.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I mean I don't eat 100% clean all the time. I just keep it to my cals / macros.

The thing is though, even the food I used to crave, even that I have to forcefeed as well. Like yesterday, I was pretty low on my calories and it was the end of the day I had already hit my macros And so I just had to forcefeed myself some chips to get to my calories
    At 5-9, 146 lbs and not feeling hungry beyond 1000 cals/day and having to force feed yourself, at the same time while feeling constantly fatigued, light headed and lacking energy 24/7 - are you sure there's not also something psychological going on here affecting your lack of appetite?

It kinda sounds like your view of "super serious" about fitness and nutrition might not be the most healthy, but I'm not qualified to diagnose this. Just some thoughts in case you want to look into it further.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    one concern is your eating over all to little calories, causing your phosphorus levels to get to low which will make you not hungry at all. Are you avoiding salt? Getting some blood work done to check out why your dizzy
    I'm definitely not avoiding salt. I drink AT LEAST 32oz of skim milk a day. And yes my calories are way too low and I need to improve it somehow. It's been taking so much will power to even come close to my maintenance

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm definitely not avoiding salt. I drink AT LEAST 32oz of skim milk a day. And yes my calories are way too low and I need to improve it somehow. It's been taking so much will power to even come close to my maintenance
    So, why skim milk if your calories are so low?

And you never said how old you are?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post

I'm 20 years old. And yes I should go get something like 2%

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post

I've just always drank skim milk, it's a habit

Haha I don't go out to eat
    why? your approach seems very obsessive

At 5-9, 146 lbs and not feeling hungry beyond 1000 cals/day and having to force feed yourself, at the same time while feeling constantly fatigued, light headed and lacking energy 24/7 - are you sure there's not also something psychological going on here affecting your lack of appetite?

It kinda sounds like your view of "super serious" about fitness and nutrition might not be the most healthy, but I'm not qualified to diagnose this. Just some thoughts in case you want to look into it further.
    It's a possibility yes. But now let's say screw limiting fats and all that, I just want to be able to have an appetite and reach my maintenance with my protein. I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to get an appetite.

why? your approach seems very obsessive
    Oh well this is for pandemic reasons haha. I used to go out all the time. If I were to go out I would just collect calorie information from the menu, and if they didn't provide any, I can usually tell what's in the food whether they're fibrous carbs, starchy carbs, proteins and fats and make a rough estimate.

It's a possibility yes. But now let's say screw limiting fats and all that, I just want to be able to have an appetite and reach my maintenance with my protein. I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to get an appetite.
    Yeah that's why I asked what you were eating, but if you even have to force feed yourself foods you like I don't know how to fix it. From what you describe, it sounds like your body is 100% telling you that you need to eat a lot more, but your mind is telling you that you're not hungry.

Yeah that's why I asked what you were eating, but if you even have to force feed yourself foods you like I don't know how to fix it. From what you describe, it sounds like your body is 100% telling you that you need to eat a lot more, but your mind is telling you that you're not hungry.
    Yes that sounds exactly right! My body needs the calories but for some reason my mind is telling me I'm not hungry. I'm not sure what's wrong. This started like 3 weeks ago. It was literally night and day. One day I was fine and the next boom not hungry. I've been getting very sick a lot recently if this has anything to do with it

Oh well this is for pandemic reasons haha. I used to go out all the time. If I were to go out I would just collect calorie information from the menu, and if they didn't provide any, I can usually tell what's in the food whether they're fibrous carbs, starchy carbs, proteins and fats and make a rough estimate.

jesus dude... might wanna ease up on that

jesus dude... might wanna ease up on that
    My immune system has been pretty compromised lately. I've caught just about anything you could catch. I've legit non stop been sick since November. Doctor's have no idea what's going on Lol. So I've been avoiding public places for a bit.

Yes that sounds exactly right! My body needs the calories but for some reason my mind is telling me I'm not hungry. I'm not sure what's wrong. This started like 3 weeks ago. It was literally night and day. One day I was fine and the next boom not hungry. I've been getting very sick a lot recently if this has anything to do with it
    Consider seeing a doctor to get yourself checked out between the fatigue, appetite and sickness, then if all is fine physically consider seeing someone else.