Cammg95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I losing too much fat to sustain muscle in workouts?

I was 14 stone at the end of January, tipped the scales at 13 stone 4 today, so I've lost 9 pound or so in just over a month.

I wasn't losing any weight on 2200 calories so I went down to 1900 calories.

I am a beginner lifter, the last two weeks I've manages to do a full hour of lifting, four times a week focusing on one body part on them days and really burnt a lot of calories.

So now I can do more intense workouts, do I need to up my calories, or is that weight loss OK?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cammg95 View Post
    I wasn't losing any weight on 2200 calories so I went down to 1900 calories.
    This doesn't make any sense, you weren't losing but at 2200 but you don't drop 9 lbs in a month by just dropping 300 calories a day. I'd be willing to be you were already in a deficit, and you had some water retention, and since you're new to training which can cause muscle swelling its very possible you were masking your weight loss on the scale.

I would watch your weight going forward, and if you're continuously dropping more than 2 lbs a week I would probably bump up the calories just a bit.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.