Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User TrustTheScience's Avatar
    TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrustTheScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only the original snes Phantasia

PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    also any settings you recommend to improve video/sound?
    Hmm no idea. There is a setting to default to Fullscreen Mode on Open in your window settings in the video menu. I think that one is pretty mandatory.
    Audio is a bit tinny on my machine, but it's Linux with less good drivers. No idea how to fix that yet. Maybe it sounds better on windows.
    In general, if you use a newer version of PCSX2 it should work well enough with the defaults.

Man that last untranslated 3% of the menu translation is actually noticeable. Most of the synopsis when you save isn't translated yet and neither are a few titles. Otherwise, I think the translation is very good.

Originally Posted by TrustTheScience View Post
    Only the original snes Phantasia
    Hey that one is great. I liked the darker colors it had compared to the remakes. the DeJap fan translation is also pretty damn hilarious.

broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks a bunch brah, actually been meaning to try out a Tales game but I think I'll put this one to the front. Was gonna start out with Symphonia but I think I'll go ahead with this. Seems to be working like a charm. reps on spread

also any settings you recommend to improve video/sound?

In pcsx2 if you go to plugin settings under video you find the good options to upscale it and such
    That's my secret Captain. I'm always shredded

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so I'm about 4 hours into ToD

idk ... the story so far seems fine, though I think the chat dialogue is a bit much. but the combat feels like a giant fuking mess

seems all so burdensome. the 2d side scrolling fighting just makes it a huge clusterfuk and I just feel like I'm just mashing buttons the whole entire time. just repeating the same moves, feel like I could just afk the battles and my party members will win the battle for me lol. not sure if it's the fault of the game either but I'm playing with my controller and none of the moves and combos feel smooth at all, with delays in executing moves, me dashing when I don't want to srs.

was kinda hyped to try this but idk ... I'm willing to play it again to give it a good chance but combat is boring af. It's not necessarily this type of combat system either because I feel Star Ocean 1/2 is similar to this but I enjoyed it more.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so I'm about 4 hours into ToD

idk ... the story so far seems fine, though I think the chat dialogue is a bit much. but the combat feels like a giant fuking mess

seems all so burdensome. the 2d side scrolling fighting just makes it a huge clusterfuk and I just feel like I'm just mashing buttons the whole entire time. just repeating the same moves, feel like I could just afk the battles and my party members will win the battle for me lol. not sure if it's the fault of the game either but I'm playing with my controller and none of the moves and combos feel smooth at all, with delays in executing moves, me dashing when I don't want to srs.

was kinda hyped to try this but idk ... I'm willing to play it again to give it a good chance but combat is boring af. It's not necessarily this type of combat system either because I feel Star Ocean 1/2 is similar to this but I enjoyed it more.
    That's fine. Maybe it's not for everyone. Glad you gave it a try either way! There is actually a mechanic in game to prevent players from abusing this exact thing you mentioned with just afking and letting your party members kill stuff for you while you glue your controller to spin around on the world map to get random encounters.

I'm not sure how many hours I'm into the game, but I've been enjoying the combat system a lot myself. I'm trying manual mode so I end up making many of those wrong input mistakes. I'm enjoying experimenting with new combos, but I get how it could get repetitive. Combat is a bit easy for me too, so I might turn up the difficulty next time I play.
    Ah and the delays must be because of the CC system. Instead of having mana/technical points you have this counter that diminishes with every move you do, and it increases if you make variable combos or attack an enemy weakpoint and such. You can't just chain regular attacks to a technique if you don't have enough CC. It's weird but it's supposed to make stuff more dynamic. I think Tales of Graces has that system too.
    I'm definitely enjoying the combat more than in Symphonia. I got a headache from trying to put Lloyd between the enemy and the spell casters. 3D combat with no ability to freely move where you want is annoying. Abyss fixes that at least.
    I only have a problem with some of the translation not being well redacted. I found an annoying skit where they referred to a female character as a man, it must be a part of the machine translation they forgot to go over. Well it's only a beta of the patch after all.

You know, I've never even heard of Star Ocean until now. It looks neat!
    Last edited by PermaNoob; 05-15-2021 at 06:15 PM.

broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000) broseidon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm about 4 hours in playing on the hardest difficulty as I do with all tales games. I am assuming the combat will really open up soon like it does with Vesperia. Certainly some reperitiveness but kinda expected with old jrps. You forget just how frequent random battles were.

Enjoying it so far as well
    That's my secret Captain. I'm always shredded

Originally Posted by broseidon View Post
    I'm about 4 hours in playing on the hardest difficulty as I do with all tales games. I am assuming the combat will really open up soon like it does with Vesperia. Certainly some reperitiveness but kinda expected with old jrps. You forget just how frequent random battles were.

Enjoying it so far as well
    Are you playing with the PS3 or PCSX2?

I just noticed the clusterphuck sooby mentioned. It becomes a bit of a mess once you get a 4 member party. You can change the battle camera from zooming on a targeted enemy to showing all, that definitely helps make more sense of what's going on.
    Hard battle difficulty should be mandatory really. The game is way too easy otherwise.

Aight. Now I'll shut up and play my damn game. Just gotta figure out how I'm making Stahn do that move he doesn't have(Azure Edge)

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PermaNoob View Post
    Are you playing with the PS3 or PCSX2?

I just noticed the clusterphuck sooby mentioned. It becomes a bit of a mess once you get a 4 member party. You can change the battle camera from zooming on a targeted enemy to showing all, that definitely helps make more sense of what's going on.
    Hard battle difficulty should be mandatory really. The game is way too easy otherwise.

Aight. Now I'll shut up and play my damn game. Just gotta figure out how I'm making Stahn do that move he doesn't have(Azure Edge)
    Is there a way to change the difficulty once you started a game? I think I can do it in the config on the main screen but not sure if that affects it at all.

Either way I'll give this another chance some other time
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Is there a way to change the difficulty once you started a game? I think I can do it in the config on the main screen but not sure if that affects it at all.

Either way I'll give this another chance some other time
    You can access the configs any time by pressing select in the party menu.
    That's where you can change battle difficulty and the camera zoom, anytime you want.
    I definitely noticed the change in difficulty. I didn't have to use items at all on normal, but hard is actually a challenge.

I want to help the patch team by sending them typos I find, but man having to constantly patch the ISO with an updated translation is going to be a pain in the ass.....

One last thing!
    Get the clean game ISO here:
    Spoiler!

If you're using PCSX2 you can still play your old saves even if you've made a new patched ISO. No need to configure anything. So use newer patches for less chitty Ingles. Most recent one is 0.0.195, and the one I uploaded is .192.
    Last edited by PermaNoob; 05-16-2021 at 06:35 PM.