raslicky is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lose fat and gain muscle

Gaun weight and cut fat

Build
    Height 5’8
    Weight:130lbs

Im a skinny fat build and started working out again 2-3 times a week. I was wondering if its possible to lose fat but still gain weight? Today i started tracking my weight and am going to be recording it everyweek with daily calories. Do i have to be in a calorie deficit to lose fat? Can i still gain muscle and weight while being in a calorie deficit?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Gaining muscle is going to be much more important that thinking about losing fat at this point. In fact, getting preoccupied about the fat loss part will hold you back.

We see this a lot - the 190lb guy wants to gain weight, the 130lb guy wants to cut... you have to fight your natural inclination otherwise you are not going to make changes.

No, you won't get shredded in the near term... but if you persist then you might be a in a year or two.

Get on a well known routine like Fierce 5, strive for progression. Eat enough calories and protein to keep progress moving. You don't need to pile on weight but you WILL need to gain some steadily over time - probably at least 30lbs over the next 2 years.