Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What to use to oil cheap bar

I just picked up a Rogue curl bar, and I want to try to sell my old cheapo curl bar. I took it apart to clean it. Its just 5 pieces: bar, 2x sleeve, and 2x allen bolt. There's quite a gap between the sleeve and bar on the inside. Do I still use standard 3-in-1 or is there a more appropriate option for these?

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have something to soak it in, I recommend citric acid powder (CAP): water in a ratio of 3 oz:1 gal. Soak it for 24 hours and then wipe dry. Vinegar will work in a pinch also. If it's just a little touchup or removal of light rust that's needed, manual removal with a wire wheel is my go-to method.

Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    If you have something to soak it in, I recommend citric acid powder (CAP): water in a ratio of 3 oz:1 gal. Soak it for 24 hours and then wipe dry. Vinegar will work in a pinch also. If it's just a little touchup or removal of light rust that's needed, manual removal with a wire wheel is my go-to method.
    All I wanted to know was what oil to use. I already cleaned it. And now I already greased it up with some water resistant silicone spray.

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    All I wanted to know was what oil to use. I already cleaned it. And now I already greased it up with some water resistant silicone spray.
    Gotcha. Typically, once only oils a bar going up for sale for the purpose of addressing rust. FWIW, I use 3-in-1 on my bars.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Gotcha. Typically, once only oils a bar going up for sale for the purpose of addressing rust. FWIW, I use 3-in-1 on my bars.
    I took it completely apart and fully cleaned it, so it needed to be reoiled. I did have to get some rust off, but the oil doesn't help with that. Just wanted to make sure the sleeves spin freely.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3-in-1 or Tri-Flo works fine.

I have a raw steel bar and I think I'm going to start using a gun oil wipe on it once in a while. Seems like it will work well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U8S0OG...ing=UTF8&psc=1

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    I just picked up a Rogue curl bar, and I want to try to sell my old cheapo curl bar. I took it apart to clean it. Its just 5 pieces: bar, 2x sleeve, and 2x allen bolt. There's quite a gap between the sleeve and bar on the inside. Do I still use standard 3-in-1 or is there a more appropriate option for these?
    If you are talking lubrication between the internal bar and the external sleeve you could try Super Lube.