Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100) Trineu is not very well liked. (-100)

What if i cant do more pull-ups ?

Hello, i have a question here. I train for hypertrophy, so im trying to have 8-12 rep range and go near failure. I can modify weight with nearly all exercises to do those reps, but problem are pull-ups. I can do max 4 pull-ups. My question is, how can i train them with hypertrophy focus if i cant do more than 4 ? Should i add more sets (im doing 4 sets) or should i just do max reps for those 4 sets (even if my max reps are 4) ? Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Rep range does not dictate hypertrophy or no hypertrophy... yes I know you've been told "8-15 reps for hypertrophy" but that is a gross oversimplification...

Exertion levels and volume are far more important.

If you can do max 4 pullups, do (say) 8 sets of 2 instead. That's a decent amount of volume with useful exertion levels. The practice will probably make you better at pullups too.

Progress by making the first 2-3 sets 3 reps next time...

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ain't no such thing as a hyp rep range.

Could use a band assist, could do negatives or could just do a rep goal approach.

Really like sp's suggestion.
    Or just hammer out say 20 total reps and try to work up to as few sets as possible over time not to failure.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Band assisted and negatives.

Understand the muscles involved in doing a pull-up and work them isometrically.
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get strong.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5z3k20QCS0

There is a nice video by Mike that includes some tips on how to assist your pull-ups.
    "Is he an honest man? If he is, you should respect him and let him continue with his work. Is he weak? If it were so, it would not be brave thing to do to push a man who is falling."

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do static holds and slow negatives at the end of your working sets.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lean out a bit. If you have a bit of extra weight, leaning out will bring you into 10-rep range in no time.

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What does your routine look like, and what does back day look like? If you want to do more pull-ups you’ll have to just do more pull-ups. One thing I will stress though, is maintain form. Doesn’t count unless arms are straight at the bottom and chin is above bar at the top. I built a legit back doing almost nothing but pull-ups for back(by my conservative estimates I’ve done over 35,000 pull-ups over the last 10 years, the vast majority of which were weighted 100% srs). I think it’s the best back exercise, assuming of course good form and I also recommend varying your grips- ie wide, hammer, and close while also alternating pull-ups and chin-ups. Luckily you can reduce any other exercises to make room for the extra pull-ups you want to do and will be better off for it. I’d recommend you start by adding sets of pull-ups until you can’t do three clean pull-ups in a set. Once you get to a point where you’re doing lots of sets, then up the reps per set. You should be trying to get to 10 reps per set. Once you’re there start adding weight. Stay consistent and you’ll be knocking down 100 reps of 30 lb weighted pull-ups in no time(relatively speaking).
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) behnamkkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Trineu View Post
    Hello, i have a question here. I train for hypertrophy, so im trying to have 8-12 rep range and go near failure. I can modify weight with nearly all exercises to do those reps, but problem are pull-ups. I can do max 4 pull-ups. My question is, how can i train them with hypertrophy focus if i cant do more than 4 ? Should i add more sets (im doing 4 sets) or should i just do max reps for those 4 sets (even if my max reps are 4) ? Thanks
    hi..pull ips need strong arms and backs. you need to improve them. someone should help you . you should go up with someone help and stay up and come down yourself very very slowly. after on2 or two month you can see the change.

FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeedinSeason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with those that mentioned bands. Body weight makes a huge difference on pull-ups and I was surprised to see how just a few pounds of band assistance at the bottom increased the amount of reps I could do from roughly 4-5 to about 7-8. Funny, I remember needing to do weighted pull-ups when I was a younger stick... Now I'm older and fatter and it's a world of difference.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Courtesy of the United States Marine Corps.

https://www.marines.mil/Portals/1/Do...oFrom0To20.pdf