BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

6 day push pull?

Been playing around with programming lately, and have an idea in my head of doing a 6 day push pull (since frequency is king for natural lifters, plus work is gonna get stupid busy and hot soon). But instead of the usual set ups, I was thinking:

Quads
    Row
    Vertical pull
    Triceps

Hamstrings/glutes
    Chest
    Delts
    Biceps

Id use a variety of compound and isolation movements and make sure I have a mix of heavy and light work on each day to even it out (Chest press then lateral raises, and straight arm pulldowns then cable rows, for example)

Thoughts?

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It’s not really Push/Pull, which you’re probably aware of. The way that’s set up, you’d be training elbow extension and flexion 6 days a week, which sounds like a bad idea from an injury prevention standpoint IMO. Of course total workload will be key, but I’m a bit of a p*ssy when it comes to injury prevention, given my history of tendinitis, and generally dislike >2-3x/wk frequency splits for this reason. If I had 6 days I’d personally run PPL 2x/wk, but I much prefer Fb 3x, U/L or Push/Pull 2x or UL/PPL.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Been playing around with programming lately, and have an idea in my head of doing a 6 day push pull (since frequency is king for natural lifters, plus work is gonna get stupid busy and hot soon). But instead of the usual set ups, I was thinking:

Quads
    Row
    Vertical pull
    Triceps

Hamstrings/glutes
    Chest
    Delts
    Biceps

Id use a variety of compound and isolation movements and make sure I have a mix of heavy and light work on each day to even it out (Chest press then lateral raises, and straight arm pulldowns then cable rows, for example)

Thoughts?
    I like that routine. If I had the time to do 6 days a week I'd either do the programming you're suggesting or I'd do an arnie split. Shoulders/arms, legs, chest and back, rest and repeat

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like a 6-day fb, not push/pull. In that case, you might as well mix and match over those 6 days however works best for you, and not have any specific repeating setup.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Missing a horizontal pull my friend (assuming your row isn't a pendlay or similar). You need all three pulls

As mentioned above it's more a 6 day full body which means you will need some serious intensity management and I would agree that PPLPPL is probably a better shout for a 6 day week
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day