Registered User userDI1B7FAMVEM's Avatar
    userDI1B7FAMVEM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

10-15kg in 2months

Hi guys, not sure if im posting on the right forum.

Basically i want to put 10-15kg of weight in next 2months. I’m willing to do whatever it takes(gainers, absurd amount of calories etc.)

Issue is that i dont have access to a gym, only resistance bands and pull-up bar. Im 67kg, 6’1”. Clearly underweight.

Is it doable? Is there anything i need to know before i start? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by userDI1B7FAMVEM View Post
    Hi guys, not sure if im posting on the right forum.

Basically i want to put 10-15kg of weight in next 2months. I’m willing to do whatever it takes(gainers, absurd amount of calories etc.)

Issue is that i dont have access to a gym, only resistance bands and pull-up bar. Im 67kg, 6’1”. Clearly underweight.

Is it doable? Is there anything i need to know before i start? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
    It's doable but it's not realistic. Meaning that physically, it's possible and people have done it but through much more intense avenues than you should ever think about as a beginner. It's just not ideal in any circumstance to be able to put on that much weight in that short period of time. In fact, some would even say it's unhealthy to do so.

Now, I understand your struggles and gripe as you're tall and skinny/underweight.

The best way to go about this is to first get the right equipment or a gym membership. That alone will help tremendously as when you are a beginner, you usually pack on muscle pretty quickly as your body works to rebuild the muscle to make up for this new activity/weight strain on the muscle. Equally as important is diet.

HOWEVER, you want to stay away from "WEIGHTGAINER" supplements. They are full of maltodextrin and a buncha simple carb crap that is terrible for you, and can spike your blood sugar levels very high to prediabetes levels. However, you can utilize maybe 1/4th or 1/6th the recommended dose of a weightgainer supplement, mix it into a whey protein supplement with more healthy stuff.

You can also make your own weight gainer supplements utilizing stuff like Cooked Oats, Whey Protein Isolate, *non hydrogenated Peanut Butter, Fruits/Bananas, Vegetables, etc

*The hydrogenated kind of peanut butter is not healthy for you. It has really unhealthy fats in there. Simple stick to "NATURAL" peanut butter. You can find it everywhere.

When you're aiming for muscle growth, you want to be pushing your limits when it comes to weights. Meaning you're not going for weights that you can do 20-30 reps with. You want to be using weight's that you can barely squeeze 6-10 reps out of. The idea is, you're pushing your body to grow by letting it know it needs to grow through muscle hypertrophy and strain. How your body does this is, it simply regenerates the muscle fibers that are being torn with signals to make those same fibers bigger to be able to meet the demand of strain and pressure being put on them. The main exercises people focus on when it comes to bulking/packing on muscle are compound movements such as Bench Press, Deadlift, Squat, Curls, Rows, Shoulder /Military Presses.

Lastly, Get proper rest (6-8 hours of GOOD sleep minimum), and stay hydrated. 70% of our muscles are made up of water.

So to sum everything up: Make sure you're getting a lot of calories of food, try to stay away from weight gainer supplements, but if you do choose to use them, use them at a fraction of the recommended serving and mix them with other healthier foods in your shake. Try to make your own weight gainer shakes so you can make them healthy. Because, here's the thing, It's no fun to put on 20 -30 lbs of weight and find out a good portion of that is fat. Because it's a bitch to burn that fat later. Lift heavy weights, ideally 6-10 rep range. Also try to hit 1 rep maxes and really push your muscle strength because it goes hand in hand with gaining for beginners. Try to focus on the main compound weightlifting exercises, but all weightlifting exercises are applicable. Make sure you're drinking alot of water, and getting good sleep. LIFT AND EAT ALOT CONSISTENTLY.

EXTRA INFO:
    The ONLY SUPPLEMENTS YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT:

I would Deem NECESSARY:
    -Whey Protein Isolate (This is a must. I mean you can get an extra 25 grams - 50 grams of protein between meals utilizing this supplement used by all bodybuilders since as long as we can remember). Protein is key. Don't stress about how much you need, but think about it like, at lesat 25-40 grams per meal, 25-40 grams between meals in a form of a shake, twice a day. So in total you might have around ~150 grams of protein per day.

I would Deem Not Necessary But, since you're about 50, NECESSARY:
    -Creatine Monohydrate - It's a simple powder, it gives your muscles more creatine which helps store more energy in the muscles. It might slightly bloat your muscles up, which is a good thing because you'll look bigger. Take about 5 grams a day. It's a tasteless powder and can mix into about anything. Helps to take it with Vitamin C or Orange juice. You don't need to backload it (ie: some people take higher doses the first week which is unnecessary)
    Last edited by mot1ve; 03-03-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there anything i need to know before i start?
    If you succeed within that time frame, it will be mostly fat.

Any advice?
    Choose a reasonable timeline.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there anything i need to know before i start?
    It's a horrible idea which you'll quickly regret. The weight will all be fat, your blood pressure will go up, you won't be able to climb stairs without panting, and it will take twice as long to undo the damage.

Gain that weight over 12 months while training to build muscle.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323