czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating 142g carbs in one sitting

I understand too much protein eg excess of 60/70g is a bit too much for your body to absorb

Is it the same with carbs because I have 300g carbs a day and about 142 of those come from one sitting?

It’s just more convenient for me to have it all at once

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Re: the protein, it's not too much to absorb, it's just that it might not all get used for protein synthesis. Protein can be converted to glucose and burned as energy for example.

If you digest a large meal with no GI problems, it's not too much for 1 sitting (assuming you didn't blow your calorie budget for the day)

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Can you spread your meals to 4 or 5 feeding a day? I keep a couple of cans of tuna, chicken and sardines in my vehicle and at work. When it's convenient, I'll take in about 50 grams of protein.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by czjs View Post
    Is it the same with carbs because I have 300g carbs a day and about 142 of those come from one sitting?

It’s just more convenient for me to have it all at once
    If you feel fine after it then it's fine. If it makes you feel sluggish and lethargic you might want to lower the amount of carbs.

czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Re: the protein, it's not too much to absorb, it's just that it might not all get used for protein synthesis. Protein can be converted to glucose and burned as energy for example.

If you digest a large meal with no GI problems, it's not too much for 1 sitting (assuming you didn't blow your calorie budget for the day)
    Honestly I feel quite good afterwards no negative affects at all

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Can you spread your meals to 4 or 5 feeding a day? I keep a couple of cans of tuna, chicken and sardines in my vehicle and at work. When it's convenient, I'll take in about 50 grams of protein.
    I have 4 meals a day typically about 3 of those are like meats/fish/eggs and that last one is just complex carbs and even that meal has about 20g of protein