titoyuca21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heart/coronary artery disease & Type 2 Diabetes question

I just found out that I carry certain genes which make me more susceptible to Heart/coronary artery disease & Type 2 Diabetes than the majority of the population.

First, some background info: I'm 33 y/o, 6' tall, and 165 pounds (and my weight has not fluctuated by more than 10 pounds either way since I was 16). I'm pretty athletic but very inconsistent when it comes to exercise. My diet is not the best, as I'm a sucker for red meats, Doritos, chocolate ice cream, pasta, pizza, and fried foods. I'm also allergic to green vegetables, sweet potatoes, nuts/almonds, and mangoes, so that's a lot of great, healthy food that I cannot eat. The good thing is that I've never really been much of a sweet tooth. Even as a kid, I never ate sugary candy or had soft drinks, and I've abstained from alcohol throughout my entire life. I get regular medical check-ups and the doctor always gives my lab work and blood pressure great marks.

Now, the question: What specific foods should I introduce to my diet to avoid/delay these diseases? I'm very ignorant about nutrition (not only because I'm allergic to so many good foods, but because I've always gotten away with eating whatever I want). I know cutting down on red meat and fried food would be the smartest thing to do to prevent heart disease (and maybe the pizzas and pasta for diabetes), but I would greatly appreciate any specific suggestions about what foods I should start consuming (or consume more of). Thanks!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’re allergic to ALL green veggies??
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You’re allergic to ALL green veggies??
    my best guess is op follows a Low FODMAP diet
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What genetic test did you do and which specific genes are you carrying?

How did you determine that you're allergic to green vegetables, sweet potatoes, nuts/almonds, and mangoes?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    my best guess is op follows a Low FODMAP diet
    I don’t think spinach and lettuce are high fodmap
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think someone did a wonky allergy test.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    How did you determine that you're allergic to green vegetables, sweet potatoes, nuts/almonds, and mangoes?

because he spits them out and says β€œyucky”.

RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyanJLuu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd stay away from orange juice or any juice in general. I just found out I was 1 point over pre-diabetic and I know this was due to my OJ - 8 oz/day. Watch your sugar intake. Add fiber into your diet such as grains, beans, nuts, and etc. I've bought flake cereal with grains and flax seed. Low calories and no sugar. Also all the unhealthy foods you've been eating, save those for one day out of the week. I've personally been eating for nutrition for monday - friday, saturday and sunday eat not so healthy food. I've also workout 3-5x per week 1hr and 15 min to 2-3 hrs per day. Just need to make it a routine and you should be all right.
    "Become Better You - Physically and Mentally"
    Life's Too Short To Be Negative!
    www.kaizenedgeclothing.com

Registered User BorderPatrol505's Avatar
    BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorderPatrol505 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RyanJLuu View Post
    I'd stay away from orange juice or any juice in general. I just found out I was 1 point over pre-diabetic and I know this was due to my OJ - 8 oz/day. Watch your sugar intake. Add fiber into your diet such as grains, beans, nuts, and etc. I've bought flake cereal with grains and flax seed. Low calories and no sugar. Also all the unhealthy foods you've been eating, save those for one day out of the week. I've personally been eating for nutrition for monday - friday, saturday and sunday eat not so healthy food. I've also workout 3-5x per week 1hr and 15 min to 2-3 hrs per day. Just need to make it a routine and you should be all right.
    Never understood how people can drink sugary fruit juices without diluting it with water. I buy a bottle of oj and it last a month because I dilute it with water. Every glass I drink is like 95% water and 5% oj and it's still tastes sugary as fuk.

What test are you referring in which you are "1 point over"? A1c?

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RyanJLuu View Post
    um I thought pre diabetics should:

avoid carbs not add grains or cereal

lower calories if over weight otherwise it won’t do much for a1c / blood sugar levels

Protein should be eaten with meals and snacks because it can help regulate blood sugar

For carbs you should look at the glycemic index not just sugars amounts and limit carbs over all
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    because he spits them out and says β€œyucky”.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Or perhaps the genetic test he took told him so. Alternatively it was one the common quackery allergy tests.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Or perhaps the genetic test he took told him so. Alternatively it was one the common quackery allergy tests.
    Who knows, but if he plans to keep red meat, ice cream, junk food, fried food, etc. as the cornerstones of his diet even though he's at risk for heart disease and diabetes, I'm guessing he could also manage to eat healthy food (nuts aside maybe) despite his "all green veggies" allergy.