Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

UFC 259 - Jan vs Izzy - Who You Gots?

Big card. IMO, this is the biggest challenge for Izzy so far. Jan is dangerous. I gots Jan, but like always, I am wrong

Main card

Light Heavyweight Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
    Women’s Featherweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Megan Anderson
    Bantamweight Petr Yan (c) vs. Aljamain Sterling
    Lightweight Islam Makhachev vs. Drew Dober
    Light Heavyweight Thiago Santos vs. Aleksandar Rakić

Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post

Big card. IMO, this is the biggest challenge for Izzy so far. Jan is dangerous. I gots Jan, but like always, I am wrong
    Welcome to the club.

Main card

Light Heavyweight Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
    Women’s Featherweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Megan Anderson
    Bantamweight Petr Yan (c) vs. Aljamain Sterling
    Lightweight Islam Makhachev vs. Drew Dober
    Light Heavyweight Thiago Santos vs. Aleksandar Rakić

Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
    I got Adesanya, Nunes, Yan, Dober and Rakic.
    Last edited by supramax; 03-02-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    unless Blacho's size advantage offsets his skill disadvantage, I won't be surprised to see a fairly boring fight with Izzy on his bicycle all night...

I'll say it goes the distance and the judges give it to Izzy ..

Yan and Sterling I think has potential to be pretty interesting though.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I got Izzy although I want Jan to win....but the guys I want to win usually lose...lol. I think Izzy is too quick and will pick him apart at range. Although, Jan could have 30-40 pounds on him by the time they step into the cage. It could be interesting.

If Izzy loses though, this pretty much kills a future JJ fight.

The other fights on the card should be good except for Nunes. The only way she loses is if she gets KO'd by a falling light or something.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I got Adesanya, Nunes, Yan, Dober and Rakic.
    Good pics.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    unless Blacho's size advantage offsets his skill disadvantage, I won't be surprised to see a fairly boring fight with Izzy on his bicycle all night...

I'll say it goes the distance and the judges give it to Izzy ..

Yan and Sterling I think has potential to be pretty interesting though.
    Interesting take on the Izzy fight. Jan is big, but Costa is and was big, too. Jan though brings more skill than Costa did. Big talent, both fighters.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I got Izzy although I want Jan to win....but the guys I want to win usually lose...lol. I think Izzy is too quick and will pick him apart at range. Although, Jan could have 30-40 pounds on him by the time they step into the cage. It could be interesting.

If Izzy loses though, this pretty much kills a future JJ fight.

The other fights on the card should be good except for Nunes. The only way she loses is if she gets KO'd by a falling light or something.
    Your record of choosing winners are better than mine, Karl. I agree Jan might come in 30lbs heavier. But, Mr. Ocean says the size advantage won't offset Izzy's skill advantage and Izzy has proven that.

True, Izzy needs this win to get a super fight with JJ. Nunes needs a good challenge. She is too good.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting take on the Izzy fight. Jan is big, but Costa is and was big, too. Jan though brings more skill than Costa did. Big talent, both fighters.
    Costa and Romero didn't come forward enough, whether they got scared or just couldn't adjust on the fly due to low fight IQ or whatever it was. But thinking this eastern european dude will be a different thing and he will keep coming forward even if he gets touched up and hurt in the process. If Gastelum gave him trouble, Jan should also be able to do something.

Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    Costa and Romero didn't come forward enough, whether they got scared or just couldn't adjust on the fly due to low fight IQ or whatever it was. But thinking this eastern european dude will be a different thing and he will keep coming forward even if he gets touched up and hurt in the process. If Gastelum gave him trouble, Jan should also be able to do something.
    Makes good sense, Steffo. Thanks for posting

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am not overly excited about this one, I think Jan must end it early or he will lose, would love to see Anderson knock Nunes on her ass, probably never happen, but would be great to see. I think the best one will be Yan vs Sterling possible fight of the night

The undercard doesn't interest me much either
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I am not overly excited about this one, I think Jan must end it early or he will lose, would love to see Anderson knock Nunes on her ass, probably never happen, but would be great to see. I think the best one will be Yan vs Sterling possible fight of the night

The undercard doesn't interest me much either
    Well, you are more informed than some of us, like me. I see the main event as a big and talented brute who is more talented and brutal than Costa against high level of skill. This is what intrigues me. I think Jan is also smarter than someone like Costa and will come in with a strategy.

For me, Izzy shutting down Costa with such skill and confidence was amazing. Most fighters go into fighting someone like Costa are scared ****tless, but even though Izzy isn’t that likeable, he can fight with great skill.

Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cruz did ok...

I was wondering how he'd do.....he did ok !...

I still think Izzy wins this and it's boring

Cant wait for Yan/Sterling .

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    Cruz did ok...

I was wondering how he'd do.....he did ok !...

I still think Izzy wins this and it's boring

Cant wait for Yan/Sterling .
    Yan... what a killer. Shame he forgets the rules. Ultimately, a nice upcoming payday for both fights which wouldn't have been the case had it gone the distance.

Time for the ladies to throw down.

EDIT: Yikes.

EDIT2: Back to Middleweight for Izzy. I was sweating that decision for a minute. Never know with these judges.
    Last edited by ChazWood; 03-06-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That Yan fight was depressing...Holy sh!t. He was dominating from start to finish until he went full potato. Feel bad for Sterling.

After watching Izzy vs Blachowicz, it is pretty clear that JJ could easily beat Izzy if he used his wrestling. Blachowicz may have done Izzy a favor by killing that fight...

EDIT: And, WTF is with the scoring? Sterling ahead on one of the scorecards?? And 10-8 rounds in the Izzy/Jan fight? Ridiculous...
    Last edited by Karl_Hungus; 03-07-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nunes, possibly the scariest fighter on the card. Wonder if there could be a future superfight with Claressa Shields after Shields get some more experience and training?

Well that was interesting. Izzy was slower but according to Jan, he hit harder than he expected. But in the end Jan won. It did go the distance but different than what most of us expected.

That added weight definitely affected Izzy and I think it might affect Jon Jones similarly at heavyweight.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I liked the Kai Kara-France finish, thought he was done a couple of times
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    Nunes, possibly the scariest fighter on the card. Wonder if there could be a future superfight with Claressa Shields after Shields get some more experience and training?
    She's a monster. Shame she has no charisma. Speaking of which; think she could take McGregor???

This is an Izzy quote from last night. He was actually real and humble after the defeat:

White said “size is always a factor,” and that he felt it played a role in Blachowicz’s victory. Adesanya respectfully disagreed. He said Blachowicz’s defense was better than he thought, but that his size had little impact on the outcome.

He offered no excuses and noted that although he entered the bout 20-0 as an MMA fighter, he has experienced defeat before.

“I’ve lost before,” Adesanya said. “I’ve lost in kickboxing. I’ve lost in boxing. I lost in life and I’ve lost in love. You don’t win all the time. I’m still here. My team’s still here. They still love me. My family loves me.”

This is an Izzy quote from last night. He was actually real and humble after the defeat:

White said “size is always a factor,” and that he felt it played a role in Blachowicz’s victory. Adesanya respectfully disagreed. He said Blachowicz’s defense was better than he thought, but that his size had little impact on the outcome.

He offered no excuses and noted that although he entered the bout 20-0 as an MMA fighter, he has experienced defeat before.

“I’ve lost before,” Adesanya said. “I’ve lost in kickboxing. I’ve lost in boxing. I lost in life and I’ve lost in love. You don’t win all the time. I’m still here. My team’s still here. They still love me. My family loves me.”
    Hard to relate to the dude sometimes, but he's a warrior and often exiting to watch, which commands respect.

I think his best is yet to come, Marky.

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Hard to relate to the dude sometimes, but he's a warrior and often exiting to watch, which commands respect.

I think his best is yet to come, Marky.
    I agree, Chazzy.