Thread: Insomnia

bigdecision is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Insomnia

I have had insomnia for 3 months now. I am a decathlete, I am finding it hard to train to the greatest intensity.
    I get out of breath more and muscle strength is down, so I take it easier.
    I have tried most techniques to work towards solving the problem, I am currently doing sleep restriction therapy but it has been partially successful
    as well as getting 1 hour of daylight a day or more.
    Is there any advice?
    I have taken it easy for so long and I have missed so many gains.
    Hope seems to be lost when I have competitions to make.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bigdecision View Post
    I have had insomnia for 3 months now. I am a decathlete, I am finding it hard to train to the greatest intensity.
    I have tried most techniques to work towards solving the problem, I am currently doing sleep restriction therapy but it has been partially successful
    Is there any advice?
    Instead of posting on an internet forum, you should be talking with your doctor to work through the issue.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there any advice?
    not saying it will work but it certainly can't hurt to try

begin taking zma and in addition to that get yourself some topical magnesium oil, rub it in your skin about an hour before bed. magnesium calms the nervous system and may make you drowsy. for me it gives me more sound sleep but i noticed after a few days of using it the effects wore off.

if you haven't done these things yet make sure to do so:

no light in your room, you want to make sure it's like a cave. your alarm will wake you up. if you have the luxury of it being quiet take advantage of that as much as you can. a great quality multi vitamin to make sure you're not deficient in other nutrients. NO stimulants at all, none. this will give your nervous system a break.

turn off your wifi at home when it's bed time, make sure your cell phone internet is turned off when you go to bed. if you can keep it in another room altogether.

just some pointers hope these will help.
    Kid Covid

Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvin21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I suggest that one hour before you go to sleep. You should stop using your phone and take a shower at night. That's what i always do if i'm going to bed.

Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have badly affected it for 4 months then I went to Doctors and take sleeping pils. Also, suggest me

Keep regular sleep hours.
    Create a restful sleeping environment.
    Make sure your bed is comfortable.
    Exercise regularly.
    Cut down on caffeine.
    Do not over-indulge.

eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eternalnoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is there any advice?
    How do you train decathlon with only one hour outside per day?

What time do you go to bed?

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Use blue blocker glasses when using a computer tablet etc . Same goes for phone .
    Blue light totally screws with sleep .

Take a couple calcium supplements when you head for bed . Calcium actually causes you to go into a state of calmness when you try to fall asleep
    Make Misc great again

blueyz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What helps me:

-Regular bedtimes
    -having a cool room to sleep

Having a pre-bedtime routine:

-drinking a cup of tea (not more to prevent waking up!)
    -dim lights
    -stretch
    -listening to calm music

If my brain wont shut up, it can help to listen to rainfall, calm music, a relaxing podcast.