TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Farmers Walk with Olympic Bar

Hi

I'm trying to come up with a few different exercises to do at my Mrs studio, for mainly legs and thought of a Farmer Walk as I have a long walk to use. I have an Olympic Bar and could load this up and just walk with this, I'm guessing it may be a little difficult to walk properly carrying a bar in front of me. Would it be better on my back in a squat position? Is this exercise actually worth doing?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Might be a bit awkward with heavy weight on the bar. You could try walking lunges (bar on back) if you want to mainly target legs through a walking-type exercise.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I wouldn't do any sort of farmers walk with something heavy on my back. I did have an epiphany Saturday evening. I was carrying 50 pound bags of pool filter sand from my truck to my pool filter. I cradled the 50 pound sacks in front of me on my chest when carrying them. My thoughts were "This would be a good exercise, it's like a farmer's walk." It may seem like I'm overly cautious, but 15 days ago my water pipes were frozen and in order to have my morning coffee I had to use toilet water.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As far as legs go these would not be a good leg/quad builder.
    These though help your endurance strength and carrying weight for a distance.
    Across your shoulders its loaded carry.
    The advise with walking lunges from above^^^ would be a better alternative.
    You can even start without weight then add dumbbells as you get stronger.
    A side note here doing a suitcase walk (one hand farmers walk on your side)can be a good core builder as well as grip endurance.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could do suitcase carry with it..
    Hold in one hand at ur side.

None of these options will be really like a regular farmers tho.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't do it with a barbell on my back. Very easy for things to really go south. Go with dumbbells in the front rack position.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I wouldn't do any sort of farmers walk with something heavy on my back. I did have an epiphany Saturday evening. I was carrying 50 pound bags of pool filter sand from my truck to my pool filter. I cradled the 50 pound sacks in front of me on my chest when carrying them. My thoughts were "This would be a good exercise, it's like a farmer's walk." It may seem like I'm overly cautious, but 15 days ago my water pipes were frozen and in order to have my morning coffee I had to use toilet water.
    That is really disgusting, Paul.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have two triceps bars, you're golden. Simply grab them on the outside edge and carry them.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you could get farmer walk handles and do it the right way )))). Walking lunges are good (great actually). Other things to consider - sled pulls and pushes, suitcase carries and anything with a sandbag. Since we're avoiding gyms until we get the vaccine my son and I are doing work with sand bags. We have one with 150lbs of sand in it, the other we can vary the weight (up to about 80 lbs I think). Lifting those things off the floor repeatedly is good torture, so is lifting them from the waist to the shoulder, letting it down to the waist and lifting to the other shoulder. Want more fun? Press them overhead. Want even more fun lift a sandbag to your chin while in a squat and then explode out and toss the sandbag (great for shotput training) into the air. Many ways to torture yourself.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    That is really disgusting, Paul.
    That pretty much sums up how every day of mine goes. If it's not one unpleasant thing it's another. Stepping in dog poo, having a flat tire or a dead battery, finding a dead animal in my yard, the list goes on. Heck, there is a big black garbage bag stuck in the top of a tree in my yard since last April.

https://www.refugeforums.com/threads...-yard.1058327/

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    you could get farmer walk handles and do it the right way )))). Walking lunges are good (great actually). Other things to consider - sled pulls and pushes, suitcase carries and anything with a sandbag. Since we're avoiding gyms until we get the vaccine my son and I are doing work with sand bags. We have one with 150lbs of sand in it, the other we can vary the weight (up to about 80 lbs I think). Lifting those things off the floor repeatedly is good torture, so is lifting them from the waist to the shoulder, letting it down to the waist and lifting to the other shoulder. Want more fun? Press them overhead. Want even more fun lift a sandbag to your chin while in a squat and then explode out and toss the sandbag (great for shotput training) into the air. Many ways to torture yourself.
    I'm going to guess it already took aggressive negotiations for OP just to get his Olympic bb and plates into his wife's work studio.

Originally Posted by TheWogmeister View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a few different exercises to do at my Mrs studio