Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ephedra View Post
    Voting for a Democrat = less freedom. Hence, people voting Democrat Newsom into the governorship effected my personal freedoms as well as my ability to operate my business as a Californian.

Fun fact: all states with the most strict totalitarian shutdown policies during covid had Democrat governors.

You know this but you're playing coy to try and prove a point.
    Was just clarifying that you were saying was what I thought you were saying—the bold

Is it possible to continue this discussion further, or would me asking you more questions regarding the bold be considered offensive?
    Last edited by Skwidward; 03-02-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

Medallion Wearing CEO10k Ephedra's Avatar
    Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    Was just clarifying that you were saying what I thought you were saying—the bold

Is it possible to continue this discussion further, or would me asking you more questions regarding the bold be considered offensive?
    Today, Texas (Republican Governor) is now 100% open and people and businesses are FREE to normally operate.

How are the freedoms in CA or NY?

Oh, and there are currently 15 US states without mask mandates. ALL Republican governors. More freedoms.

Does it seem more or less likely that voting a Democrat governor into office will effect your personal and business freedoms?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ephedra; 03-02-2021 at 04:27 PM.

89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fair enough

So you’re saying it would be impossible for you to live in a country where other people with different beliefs than your own are allowed to vote and decide such things as the above?

This is why the founders gave us a Democratic Republic, a union of 50 distinct states, and did not intend for it to be ruled over by an amorphous, omnipotent Federal blob. The powers of the federal government are actually quite limited. The whole idea being that if you didn't like the way things were in a given location you could go live with like-minded people. It's the only reason the country can stay together. The problem now is that the Democrats aren't satisfied with having things their way in their own states and communities. They eschew States' rights in favor of nationwide, one-size-fits-all federal mandates in regards to gun control, abortion, gay marriage, minimum wage, you name it. They do not believe in letting people live how they want to live, even when it doesn't affect them. They believe in pure, unadulterated majoritarian rule where 51 people can coerce 49 into abiding by their anointed vision of how the world should be.
    *NY Yankees Crew*
    *NY Giants Crew*
    *NY Rangers Crew*
    *Misc Firearms Crew*
    *CCW Crew*
    *Ron Paul Crew*

Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000) Dogkrack is just really nice. (+1000)
    The communists removed their masks too quickly. The frogs in the pot are waking up.

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Today, Texas (Republican Governor) is now 100% open and people and businesses are FREE to normally operate.

How are the freedoms in CA or NY?

Oh, and there are currently 15 US states without mask mandates. ALL Republican governors.

Yes or no...does it seem more or less likely that voting a Democrat governor into office will effect your personal and business freedoms?

Thanks!
    That’s a horribly worded question. No offense

I get what you’re after, though

Yes, it appears that voting for a democratic governor in California has lead to more restrictive COVID bs than a state like Texas, which has a republican governor.

Yes, I see how a democrat governor has enacted restrictions which have directly effected your personal freedoms

The way I see it is: you elect officials, and they call the shots. You don’t like the shots called, you vote them out.

I don’t think that those who voted for an elected official calling shots I don’t agree with should not be allowed to vote

It appears you do

Do you believe that someone who votes democrat should not be allowed to vote?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 89FoxBody View Post
    This is why the founders gave us a Democratic Republic, a union of 50 distinct states, and did not intend for it to be ruled over by an amorphous, omnipotent Federal blob. The powers of the federal government are actually quite limited. The whole idea being that if you didn't like the way things were in a given location you could go live with like-minded people. It's the only reason the country can stay together.
    I agree 100%

Originally Posted by 89FoxBody View Post
    The problem now is that the Democrats aren't satisfied with having things their way in their own states and communities. They eschew States' rights in favor of nationwide, one-size-fits-all federal mandates in regards to gun control, abortion, gay marriage, minimum wage, you name it. They do not believe in letting people live how they want to live, even when it doesn't affect them. They believe in pure, unadulterated majoritarian rule where 51 people can coerce 49 into abiding by their anointed vision of how the world should be.
    What you say here, to me, comes across the exact same way as how I would come across to you spouting what I heard on the “fake news” media

Not disagreeing with you. I’m just pointing out that buying everything you’re sold works both ways

We are all Americans, and we’re all getting fukced

-Winston Churchill

89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 89FoxBody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree 100%

What you say here, to me, comes across the exact same way as how I would come across to you spouting what I heard on the “fake news” media

Not disagreeing with you. I’m just pointing out that buying everything you’re sold works both ways

We are all Americans, and we’re all getting fukced

I agree with your over-arching argument but one faction is actively working to diminish our freedoms, and the other is just kind doing it as a hobby. I'm not sure what more can be done. The machine is already built, but perhaps we can throw enough sand in the gears to slow it down until the whole thing fails.
    *NY Yankees Crew*
    *NY Giants Crew*
    *NY Rangers Crew*
    *Misc Firearms Crew*
    *CCW Crew*
    *Ron Paul Crew*

Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That’s a horribly worded question. No offense

I get what you’re after, though

Yes, it appears that voting for a democratic governor in California has lead to more restrictive COVID bs than a state like Texas, which has a republican governor.

Yes, I see how a democrat governor has enacted restrictions which have directly effected your personal freedoms

The way I see it is: you elect officials, and they call the shots. You don’t like the shots called, you vote them out.

I don’t think that those who voted for an elected official calling shots I don’t agree with should not be allowed to vote

It appears you do

Do you believe that someone who votes democrat should not be allowed to vote?
    Wtf? When did I ever say people voting different than I do shouldn't vote? Nothing in any of my responses has even resembled such a statement.

Please quote said statement of mine that infers this.

I'm saying voting Democrat reduces people's freedoms. Which you originally disagreed with but are now reluctantly agreeing with.

Wtf? When did I ever say people voting different than I do shouldn't vote? Nothing in any of my responses has even resembled such a statement.

I'm saying voting Democrat reduces people's freedoms. Which you originally disagreed with but are now reluctantly agreeing with.
    I was discussing how someone voting against your beliefs inconvenienced another poster

You chimed in with this COVID restrictions in Florida versus Texas argument because... ?

You gave the impression that you were saying people who voted differently than you shouldn’t be allowed to vote, given the OP topic.

That’s why I asked you

I’m sorry it upset you so much

-Winston Churchill

I do not agree with the bold statement

-Winston Churchill

iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iabs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would say this is more of an interrogation/mid-term paper assignment than an attempt at a discussion regarding politics.

But if you mean it, we can go back and pick up where we left off...

You said: There can not even begin to be a discussion/ debate when the two sides live in completely different realities.

The point I was making was that I believe it is possible for two sides to have a discussion/debate, even when they live in separate realities
    I just listed the most polarizing issues facing the union today. I would like to know where you stand, I will tell you where I stand and if we can not find common ground on an online forum, what makes you think you can extrapolate a positive outcome on the real world where so many factions are struggling for power?
    300 Forever

Does voting for a Democrat governor during covid tend to limit people's freedom to keep their businesses open and live freely without restrictive mandates?

Does voting Democrat tend to give power to politicians who want to limit your freedoms for the 2nd amendment?

Please answer yes or no.

Thanks!

That's like saying you do not agree that the sky is (usually) blue.

More regulations.
    More taxes.
    More Covid fascism.
    Less religious liberty, freedom to assemble.
    Constant attacks on the 2nd amendment.
    Constant attacks on businesses and industry.
    Constant appeals to tribalism, class warfare, envy and hatred.
    *NY Yankees Crew*
    *NY Giants Crew*
    *NY Rangers Crew*
    *Misc Firearms Crew*
    *CCW Crew*
    *Ron Paul Crew*

Originally Posted by iabs View Post
    I just listed the most polarizing issues facing the union today. I would like to know where you stand, I will tell you where I stand and if we can not find common ground on an online forum, what makes you think you can extrapolate a positive outcome on the real world where so many factions are struggling for power?
    Imagine we’re in pioneer times in early America...

I think if you I and were face to face discussing our separate farmland property lines or something, I’m sure the realization that working together could benefit both of us would help us to find common ground.

I think government was designed to do the very thing you’re talking about, on our behalf. That’s why it’s called government

I think that’s how this discussion transfers to the real world.

My point is not that our government “isn’t” corrupt. My point is that if we weren’t such greedy, selfish fukcing morons, we wouldn’t have gotten in this mess in the first place

But we think continuing to act the same way but even harder is the way to fix things

To play devil’s advocate: We’re not fukcing each other over. We’re both being fukced over by the same adversary.

The way to change things and really make America great again is to realize this and take care of business together, just like separate states did back in the beginning

-Winston Churchill

Does voting for a Democrat governor during covid tend to limit people's freedom to keep their businesses open and live freely without restrictive mandates?
    Newsom wasn’t up for election this year

Does voting Democrat tend to give power to politicians who want to limit your freedoms for the 2nd amendment?

Please answer yes or no.

Thanks!
    If we’re to believe the particular type of media you choose to consume, yes

Me personally, I don’t think my second amendment rights depend on whether or not I vote for a republican or a democrat

-Winston Churchill

Newsom wasn’t up for election this year

If we’re to believe the particular type of media you choose to consume, yes

Me personally, I don’t think my second amendment rights depend on whether or not I vote for a republican or a democrat
    Confirmed troll or braindead.

No more responses from me. Good luck, bud.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

exactly - he's not here for a discussion, no one's reading comprehension is that bad unless you are doing it intentionally
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    exactly - he's not here for a discussion, no one's reading comprehension is that bad unless you are doing it intentionally
    Says the guy who made three posts trying to convince me that no means yes

he didn't say no
    That's a side question from your original post.

My post was to point out that Leonydus did not say no to your original question.
    I'm pretty sure "not when..." indicates that he believes you CAN (which is a yes to your question) without that caveat, which you removed from your original question.
    Originally Posted by Leonydus View Post
    the answer is no...
    Question’s in the OP... Mr. Reading Comprehension

-Winston Churchill

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Says the guy who made three posts trying to convince me that no means yes

Question’s in the OP... Mr. Reading Comprehension
    Go back and reread what he said

-Wendler

Maybe if we make things more literal it might be easier for you to keep up.

You stance is, “voting Democrat reduces people's freedoms”

Your argument for the above stance is that your democrat governor enforced COVID restrictions that reduced your freedoms in that you weren’t able to open your business and make money

This is a bad argument and has no real foundation on which to stand

Rather than attempting the futile pursuit of defending it and looking silly, you ran away

-Winston Churchill

Maybe if we make things more literal it might be easier for you to keep up.

You stance is, “voting Democrat reduces people's freedoms”

Your argument for the above stance is that your democrat governor enforced COVID restrictions that reduced your freedoms in that you weren’t able to open your business and make money

This is a bad argument and has no real foundation on which to stand

Rather than attempting the futile pursuit of defending it and looking silly, you ran away

lol

-Wendler

Go back and reread what he said
    Acting as Leonydus’ self-appointed spokesperson didn’t work out so well for you before

Are you sure you wanna try again?

not when they take over your academia and media to subvert your culture and people
    I made the assumption here that Leonydus does, in fact, believe that “they” have taken over his academia and media to subvert his culture and people, so I tallied him up as a “no” to the OP

You claimed he does not believe that “they” have taken over his academia and media to subvert his culture and people, and claimed he only threw that in there as a caveat.

This misunderstanding lead you also to claim, incorrectly, that Leonydus answered “yes” to the OP

Leonydus himself then chimed in to clear everything up

In the post below he clearly states that he answered “no” to the OP and that he does, in fact, believe that “they” have taken over his academia and media to subvert his culture and people

the answer is no, they tend to take over every key position of a nation. in USA they have taken over our media, academia, and decides who can be a politician. if you zoom out the graph, the right in this country hasn't gained any ground in over 100 years. the eagle got infected with a parasite back in 1913
    Now, for some reason, you are unable to read his post

This is what you guys do

Instead of admitting you made a simple error (we all do from time to time), you cry foul play

“It’s a big hoax! Fake news!”

-Winston Churchill

it's clear as day what he is saying and you are ignoring the context

-Wendler

it's clear as day what he is saying and you are ignoring the context
    I can play with you, even if when you neg me

But you’re being dishonest here

That super childish chit isn’t my game

-Winston Churchill

I can play with you, even if when you neg me

But you’re being dishonest here

That super childish chit isn’t my game
    Classic projection, accuse someone of doing exactly what you are doing.

Nice try though.

-Wendler

Classic projection, accuse someone of doing exactly what you are doing.

Nice try though.
    This is my last appeal to you

I don’t neg and I don’t have anyone on ignore (don’t even know if you can put someone on ignore)

And as much as I enjoy you fukcing with me in my threads as you do, I will ignore you from now on if you continue with this

I don’t know how to say this in a simpler way:

I don’t have a problem with Leonydus, nor do I have a problem with what he said

You seem to want to argue with me that he’s saying something he’s not

When I laid it out for you, you continue

I’ll happily go back and forth with you all day. You know that

But pretending “no” means “yes”

I’m out

Like I said, dude. I enjoy you bucking up to me, but you’ve gotta have something. This playground chit is embarrassing

Either don’t respond and catch me in the next thread or respond with something other than “yes” means “no” or I’m sticking you on ignore (if that’s possible)

-Winston Churchill

This is my last appeal to you

I don’t neg and I don’t have anyone on ignore (don’t even know if you can put someone on ignore)

And as much as I enjoy you fukcing with me in my threads as you do, I will ignore you from now on if you continue with this

I don’t know how to say this in a simpler way:

I don’t have a problem with Leonydus, nor do I have a problem with what he said

You seem to want to argue with me that he’s saying something he’s not

When I laid it out for you, you continue

I’ll happily go back and forth with you all day. You know that

But pretending “no” means “yes”

I’m out

Like I said, dude. I enjoy you bucking up to me, but you’ve gotta have something. This playground chit is embarrassing

Either don’t respond and catch me in the next thread or respond with something other than “yes” means “no” or I’m sticking you on ignore (if that’s possible)
    Read his full post - there is a reason why you cut half of it off when you first quoted it. You're game is transparent. You can sit here and claim I don't answer you while ignoring what I point out to you numerous times.

-Wendler

Read his full post - there is a reason why you cut half of it off when you first quoted it. You're game is transparent. You can sit here and claim I don't answer you while ignoring what I point out to you numerous times.
    I cut half of it off to highlight what seemed important to you — “yes” versus “no” in response to the OP, not in order to hide anything

Your response to that implied you still didn’t understand how you were wrong, so I made post #82 in which I quoted the entire Leonydus post and bolded the important parts

Here’s a way we can do this:

Two questions...

the answer is no...
    In the above quote, does Leonydus say he answered “yes” or “no” to the OP?

... they tend to take over every key position of a nation. in USA they have taken over our media, academia, and decides who can be a politician. if you zoom out the graph, the right in this country hasn't gained any ground in over 100 years. the eagle got infected with a parasite back in 1913
    In the above quote, does Leonydus say that “they” have taken over our media and academia?

-Winston Churchill

In the above quote, does Leonydus say he answered “yes” or “no” to the OP?
    He only answers it with a caveat that changes the OP question

The second question isn't relevant

-Wendler

He only answers it with a caveat that changes the OP question

The second question isn't relevant
    The second question demonstrates how it is not a caveat and is actually his belief and reason for answering “no.”

So here’s the reading comprehension question:

the answer is no, they tend to take over every key position of a nation. in USA they have taken over our media, academia, and decides who can be a politician. if you zoom out the graph, the right in this country hasn't gained any ground in over 100 years. the eagle got infected with a parasite back in 1913
    In the bold part of the above quote, is the writer is saying:

A. The democrats have taken over our media and academia

B. The Democrats have not taken over our media and academia

-Winston Churchill