Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Best high-end curl bar?

I'm looking to replace my cheap curl bar with a good one that compliments the rest of my gear. I know basically every retailer is out of stock right now, but occasionally some pop up in stock for a very short period. I'm hoping to jump on that or possibly find a used bar.

Most any high end bar will not be pinned, will have no slop in it, and will be well balanced. So I'm mostly looking for the best high end curl bar meeting the following criteria:

1. Smooth/unrestricted sleeve rotation
    2. Exaggerated bends
    3. Good knurling coverage

I'm considering the rogue black oxide, rogue cerakote, vulcan curl bar, ivanko obz-55, and eleiko curl bar.

I think american barbell curl bar doesn't have exaggerated enough bends for my liking. Also NOT looking for a rackable bar.

If you've used any of these bars, please let me know your thoughts on them. And if you have any others to recommend, please do.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have an Ivanco rackable EZ oly curl bar that has served me well.
    It's black oxide coated.
    Had it for ten years or so.

Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I have an Ivanco rackable EZ oly curl bar that has served me well.
    It's black oxide coated.
    Had it for ten years or so.
    Do you know how long the warranty is on the ivanko bars? Their website doesn't seem to say.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ivanko's stainless bars are probably the best but I'd hesitate to spend that much even if money is no object.

Previously, I would have recommended Rep Fitness and they would still be my choice but less enthusiastically after a recent Coop Garage Gym Reviews video showing oxidation on their stainless rackable bar. Chrome non-rackable Rep might be a good choice to save a few bucks and fit the bill.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Ivanko's stainless bars are probably the best but I'd hesitate to spend that much even if money is no object.

Previously, I would have recommended Rep Fitness and they would still be my choice but less enthusiastically after a recent Coop Garage Gym Reviews video showing oxidation on their stainless rackable bar. Chrome non-rackable Rep might be a good choice to save a few bucks and fit the bill.
    yeah, i think $700+ for a curl bar is a bit much. And that's MSRP, not pandemic pricing. I found 1 retailer with the ivanko obv-55 in stock, and they got like a 30% markup.

I've considered Rep. They're just like mid-grade in my opinion. I have a Rep 3-way adjustable bench which is nice, but the welds look like they were done by a child. Looking for a bit better QC in precision equipment like bars.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I own the Rogue Curl Bar (black oxide and non-rackable), the knurling depth is that of the Rogue Ohio Bar, so it's more of nice grip yet on the more passive side...no complaints with it though. At first I felt like the thicker diameter would've been better than 28.5mm, but with time I don't even notice it anymore.

I've been curling higher with the bar towards the forehead, or nose which I feel has been giving me a good ROM and pump with it and I grip wide at the grooves and behind the top of the head on lying skullcrushers which has helped the wrists and elbows for my body type.

Overall, I like the bar and use it at least once a week as a biceps/triceps superset.

litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have the Rogue black oxide curl bar and it's served me well. No issues.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    yeah, i think $700+ for a curl bar is a bit much. And that's MSRP, not pandemic pricing. I found 1 retailer with the ivanko obv-55 in stock, and they got like a 30% markup.

I've considered Rep. They're just like mid-grade in my opinion. I have a Rep 3-way adjustable bench which is nice, but the welds look like they were done by a child. Looking for a bit better QC in precision equipment like bars.
    Fair point, though FWIW their QC with bars generally seems better than their benches. I like 30mm diameter for curl bars and prefer rackable, so Rep and Troy are my only contenders. Not wanting rackable opens up options for you.

I had an Ivanko oxide non-rackable curl bar and liked it quite a bit. It is 30mm as well. I would describe it as mid- to low-grade though. Not high-end like their stainless bars. I think only Iron Company sells it and it's out of stock: https://www.ironcompany.com/ivanko-b...ic-ez-curl-bar

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the Vulcan curl bar. It has pretty good spin, long sleeves (for a curl bar), passive knurling and seems to be well-made overall. I would not expect the finish to uphold up long-term if that matters. I'm happy with the bar overall, especially for the price. Vulcan's customer service sucks, but in all likelihood you won't have a need to interact with them if you're just buying 1 bar.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I’ve had the Rogue black oxide bar for a couple years, and I’m really happy with it. No complaints about any aspect, and the angles on it suit me better than any other curl bar I’ve used. It’s one product where Rogue really feels high quality to me.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Right now it's out of stock but I've been happy with my Eleiko curl bar. Cosmetically it's perfect and I can't imagine the needle bearing sleeves would leave you wanting more rotation. The bends are more aggressive than those on the split sleeved York it replaced but I don't know that they could be called 'exaggerated'.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RGrizzzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a Rogue curl bar with the ecoat. I'm happy with it.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

The Rogue black oxide kept popping up in stock first thing in the AM. I missed it the first time. It sold out in under 5 minutes. I got it the next day though! So I should have the Rogue black oxide delivered tomorrow, just in time for my chest day and some smooth skullcrushers