fatguylovesMcD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio?decreases leg muscles/ quads?

Hey guys.l used to be a weightlifter. I quit in 2018 . Sometimes l train legs just for fun (once or twice a week) .I still have muscular legs. I tried jogging/running and l love it. I want to jog/run 5 times a week. Every morning and l will lift in the afternoon. So my main goal is to get big quads , a quad sweep. So l decided to train legs twice a week. I want huge quads/legs. So my questions: will cardio decrease my leg muscle? Will my quads disapear from cardio too often? Will my sprints be slower after jogging/running often? Is there a bodybuilder ,who jogs/runs evrry morning? What do u guys think?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, only if it pushes you too deeply into a calorie deficit.

It could interfere with recovery from weight training - but that just means that you would get less gain than you might have. You should notice this happening however.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know what kind of jogging you're doing, but unless you're hitting some serious distance on those runs you'll be fine. Like Suffolk said, it might slow your gains but you certainly wouldn't be losing them
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Originally Posted by bLinkMoore View Post
    I don't know what kind of jogging you're doing, but unless you're hitting some serious distance on those runs you'll be fine. Like Suffolk said, it might slow your gains but you certainly wouldn't be losing them

I will run for 30 min 4-5 times a week. Is it a serious distance or is it fine?

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fatguylovesMcD View Post
    I will run for 30 min 4-5 times a week. Is it a serious distance or is it fine?
    Ah, yeah you'll be totally fine. The only time it seems to have a really big impact is with people who do distance running
    Bodyweight 185

Ah, yeah you'll be totally fine. The only time it seems to have a really big impact is with people who do distance running
    My second goal is to sprint faster. Will jogging make me slower in sprints?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That sounds like a medium amount of running volume to me. In your experience, that doesn't slow down your leg recovery/progress?

I'm a little worried my 1.5 mile run 3x a week is going to cause me some problems, but that is most likely a silly concern.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    That sounds like a medium amount of running volume to me. In your experience, that doesn't slow down your leg recovery/progress?

I'm a little worried my 1.5 mile run 3x a week is going to cause me some problems, but that is most likely a silly concern.
    I guess it depends on your level of experience, like how much you get fatigued from that running. If 1.5 miles has you totally gassed, then yeah it'll probably lead to more interference in your leg progress. But if you're just putting in 1.5 miles for the sake of getting some cardio in, and it's not particularly taxing, you should be alright.

From the actual physiology perspective, doing endurance exercise will affect the recovery / growth pathways on the micro level, directly inhibiting them. But if you're doing pretty moderate cardio, it's more an issue of subjective fatigue.
    Bodyweight 185