HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Sorinex SS Bar or EliteFTS SS Bar?

Sorinex Safety Squat Bar $350

EliteFTS Safety Squat Bar $425

Can someone provide feedback between these two bars? Everything I could find when searching seemed outdated because people were saying the Sorinex bar was overpriced at $616 - it seems they've since changed their pricing.

Anyway, from what I could find, it sounds like the EliteFTS is a solid bar, but I can't find much info or reviews on the Sorinex. Any advice?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You might want to check the shipping costs on those bars. Sorinex is $170 for me. Elite is $127. I'd wait for Titan to be back in stock, tbh.

HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    You might want to check the shipping costs on those bars. Sorinex is $170 for me. Elite is $127. I'd wait for Titan to be back in stock, tbh.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for a "Made in the USA" ss bar since I'm building an entire gym of such products. When accounting for shipping (and tax), the totals are $516.01 for the Sorinex and $542.46 for the EliteFTS... so it's pretty close.
    Last edited by HuginnOrMuninn; 02-28-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both quality bars,i have the SSyoke bar from EliteFTS.
    Any bar with that type of coating will chip or peel putting on plate or in a rack with metal J hooks.
    For me I'm more concerned about function that the aesthetics down the road from use.
    EliteFTS has from time to to time either free shipping or a sales price on their bars.
    That's when i bought mine five years ago.
    Removable handles also with an option to buy longer handle separately.
    Im totally happy with mine.
    You might wait if you can if your interested in the SSyoke bar(one of my favorites by the way) and i have three others but not Sorenix.
    Sorenix does make quality equipment though.
    Good luck on what you choose.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Elite FTS and am happy with it. The paint job is designed to look nice when it arrives and that's about it. For what they charge I expected a better paint job, but the bar itself is great. I have read that the Titan SSB v2 is actually really close to the Elite bar, but I haven't personally used it.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know anything about the Sorinex model and have never seen it reviewed by a qualified reviewer. They tend to make quality stuff so I'd be surprised if it wasn't decent.

For what it's worth I'll watch Coop's reviews and they are generally worthwhile and he does a great job at giving someone a look at the equipment before ordering. However, IMO he's not qualified to opine on SSBs beyond aesthetics and materials - this is pretty obvious from his SSB review. I think in a discussion I used the analogy of someone who has never driven a car reviewing super high end sports cars by the window sticker info. Not hating on the guy - he doesn't claim to be some mega lifter or guru, just a passionate enthusiast. That said, in certain areas you need real experience to add value beyond base observation and this is one of them.

Qualified opinions for SSBs fall into the camps of 1) equipment people with experience who know what they are looking at and 2) serious users who've spent time under multiple SSB options with heavy loads - both of these people historically favor the Crepinsek bar and Elite. Crep comes with a poor/marred finish and Elite's finish with decent use will soon become equally poor. That's simply the nature of the beast. You are buying a workhorse for training not a show piece. Crep bar comes without handles but Ralph has several options. Note that his site is down and I don't think he's still sold through Westside Barbell's site so I'm wondering if he's retired now. Can't go wrong with an Elite and it has nicer padding than the Crep though many experienced trainees use the Crep and will repad and duct tape it if needed. My original padding remains on mine. I recall Ralph even discussing with me modifying the stock pad for super heavy loads similar to what's done at WSB...which I don't remotely require so don't have great recollection on.

I wasn't even aware Sorinex had an offering in the SSB space and I've never heard them mentioned.

Hope that helps orient you some. This mirrors most of what people have opined in this forum over the years when it comes to SSBs.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm a bit surprised there's so little information (reviews) available on the Sorinex considering I've heard it's such a good company for quality. I'm leaning towards the EliteFTS then since it sounds like it's a reliable workhorse, albeit with some finish flaws. I'll give it a couple months to see if they do any promos on shipping or anything, but doubt it considering the current state of the market.

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a lot of Sorinex equipment and it's all top tier quality.

That being said, my SS bar is from Elitefts, it's solid. Wait for a sale and grab it.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Elite has had a couple $50 off sales on their SSB in the last few months, might pop up again

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorinex does make really nice equipment.....a few years ago, it seemed like they were trying to get out of the garage gym market and stick to facilities. A lot of guys around here were complaining that it was difficult to order just one or two pieces--I want to say that emails/phone calls weren't getting returned. Maybe that's changed since then, I wouldn't know. However, it might explain why there often isn't a ton of information out there about Sorinex products.

FWIW, I have an older version of the EliteFTS bar, and I like it a lot.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HuginnOrMuninn View Post
    Sorinex Safety Squat Bar $350

EliteFTS Safety Squat Bar $425

Can someone provide feedback between these two bars? Everything I could find when searching seemed outdated because people were saying the Sorinex bar was overpriced at $616 - it seems they've since changed their pricing.

Anyway, from what I could find, it sounds like the EliteFTS is a solid bar, but I can't find much info or reviews on the Sorinex. Any advice?
    I assume you have used a SSB before and know that you really want one.

However, on the off-chance that you haven't, just know that it is going to be really different than what you might imagine, especially at really heavy weights.

If you have not used one before, and want a bar to do Hatfield style squats or good mornings or just a low bar type squat "safely", the Marrs bar is a better bet.

But the Marrs bar is very different from a SSB.

If you know what you want, ignore this post.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    I don't know anything about the Sorinex model and have never seen it reviewed by a qualified reviewer. They tend to make quality stuff so I'd be surprised if it wasn't decent.

For what it's worth I'll watch Coop's reviews and they are generally worthwhile and he does a great job at giving someone a look at the equipment before ordering. However, IMO he's not qualified to opine on SSBs beyond aesthetics and materials - this is pretty obvious from his SSB review. I think in a discussion I used the analogy of someone who has never driven a car reviewing super high end sports cars by the window sticker info. Not hating on the guy - he doesn't claim to be some mega lifter or guru, just a passionate enthusiast. That said, in certain areas you need real experience to add value beyond base observation and this is one of them.

Qualified opinions for SSBs fall into the camps of 1) equipment people with experience who know what they are looking at and 2) serious users who've spent time under multiple SSB options with heavy loads - both of these people historically favor the Crepinsek bar and Elite. Crep comes with a poor/marred finish and Elite's finish with decent use will soon become equally poor. That's simply the nature of the beast. You are buying a workhorse for training not a show piece. Crep bar comes without handles but Ralph has several options. Note that his site is down and I don't think he's still sold through Westside Barbell's site so I'm wondering if he's retired now. Can't go wrong with an Elite and it has nicer padding than the Crep though many experienced trainees use the Crep and will repad and duct tape it if needed. My original padding remains on mine. I recall Ralph even discussing with me modifying the stock pad for super heavy loads similar to what's done at WSB...which I don't remotely require so don't have great recollection on.

I wasn't even aware Sorinex had an offering in the SSB space and I've never heard them mentioned.

Hope that helps orient you some. This mirrors most of what people have opined in this forum over the years when it comes to SSBs.
    This is all spot on!

Sorinex makes nice equipment, but they don't come to mind as the top producer of specialty bars, at least not currently.

To me, the decision comes down to one of three options since you only want Made in the USA bars: SS Yolk, Crepinsek, or if you feel adventurous, I'd even throw the Marrs and Transformer Bars into that mix. I can make an argument for any one of those 4 as the best choice.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post

Pardon me for taking this thread in a different direction, I didn't really want to start a new one and it probably belongs in the exercises forum but I trust the opinions of the people here, I don't post much in exercises. I'm considering an SSB, haven't even thought about which one yet. My question is are they more quad dominant? I've used one of the old Hatfield squat bars 25 - 30 years about that you didn't have to hold, more like a shoulder pad and you held on to the handles that attached to the rack. I don't remember too much about it. I'm not looking to increase my back squat and seldom do them. When I do back squat I generally high bar squat and often with elevated heels. With the SSB I've heard it feels more like a front squat and a high bar squat, do you find this to be true? I'm really looking for something that is mainly quad dominant like a front squat, I just HATE doing front squats.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Pardon me for taking this thread in a different direction, I didn't really want to start a new one and it probably belongs in the exercises forum but I trust the opinions of the people here, I don't post much in exercises. I'm considering an SSB, haven't even thought about which one yet. My question is are they more quad dominant? I've used one of the old Hatfield squat bars 25 - 30 years about that you didn't have to hold, more like a shoulder pad and you held on to the handles that attached to the rack. I don't remember too much about it. I'm not looking to increase my back squat and seldom do them. When I do back squat I generally high bar squat and often with elevated heels. With the SSB I've heard it feels more like a front squat and a high bar squat, do you find this to be true? I'm really looking for something that is mainly quad dominant like a front squat, I just HATE doing front squats.
    Take my opinion for what it's worth as I'm still fairly new. But from what I've read, a SSB will allow you a more quad-focused squat much like a front squat (being with an upright torso). The big difference is a SSB will enable you to load more than a front squat. Again, someone else with more knowledge is more qualified to answer than me.

That, and because my acromion process has a weird curve to it severely limiting my shoulder ROM, is a big reason why I'm looking for a SSB.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Using an SSB will be more like a front/back squat hybrid. My impression is that doing Hatfields (holding the assist handles on the rack) is probably more quaddy than holding the handles on the bar itself.

I don't know the first thing about your current routine, but I feel like my quads benefitted a lot from doing SSB squats followed by split squats (or lunges or Bulgarians).
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Having used similar bars to the Sorinex, I think that the pad design of the SS Yoke Bar will be much more comfortable.

The top pad of the Sorinex bar looks thin, which could result in an uncomfortable position depending on your body type (safety squat bars are carried higher on the back, may press on the base of your neck).

I've squatted on the Yoke Bar for about eight years. The coating isn't pretty, but the design is outstanding and the pad has held up.

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    A safety bar squat will generally be more quad dominant. Another poster referenced a front squat, back squat hybrid, which I think is a great comparison. It is driven by the bar naturally being carried higher (for example, like a Manta Ray). Carrying the bar higher will also extend the length of your back as a lever, which will also make it more of a core strength challenge as well.

The SS Yoke Bar can be used for front squats (flip it around, handles should be angled out toward you). It is much more comfortable in a front rack position but will give you a more direct, quad-centric training effect used that way if that front rack is what makes you hate front squats.
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.