Riggspopovich is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gaining weight, already big.

Hi everyone, I´m 31, 1.85mts/ 6´1 and currently weigh 110 kgs/240lbs at 22% bodyfat. I´m getting back into rugby after three years and decided to play in a different position, I´m aiming to weigh 115kgs/252lbs at 15% bodyfat by the end of the year. Can someone point me in the right direction regarding food intake? anybody within similar numbers could share some tips/insight?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Uh I don’t think that’s naturally possible in a year if ever. 250 at 6’1 and lean?....
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Riggspopovich View Post
    Hi everyone, I´m 31, 1.85mts/ 6´1 and currently weigh 110 kgs/240lbs at 22% bodyfat. I´m getting back into rugby after three years and decided to play in a different position, I´m aiming to weigh 115kgs/252lbs at 15% bodyfat by the end of the year. Can someone point me in the right direction regarding food intake? anybody within similar numbers could share some tips/insight?
    How strong are you? 5 Rm Bench and squat?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Suspect you are way more than 22%... how did you measure that. Post a pic in the estimation thread of the losing fat forum.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not to sound condescending, but you clearly have no calibration of weight vs bf, or what is possible (naturally or even enhanced). As an example, at your height, 115kg at 15% would put you on the level of muscularity/conditioning of an offseason professional bodybuilder who is top 10 in Mr Olympia.

Originally Posted by 3maj View Post
    Not to sound condescending, but you clearly have no calibration of weight vs bf, or what is possible (naturally or even enhanced). As an example, at your height, 115kg at 15% would put you on the level of muscularity/conditioning of an offseason professional bodybuilder who is top 10 in Mr Olympia.
    I´m under the impression that most top bodybuilders are below the 1.80mts/5´10 mark. But your response was much more thoughtful than the other folks, thank you.
    At 115kgs, what´s an achievable body fat for an amateur athlete?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I´m under the impression that most top bodybuilders are below the 1.80mts/5´10 mark. But your response was much more thoughtful than the other folks, thank you.
    to
    Lose weight like 200lbs lean around 15%
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At 6-1 you would be near maximum lean muscle potential if you were 190-195lb and 10% bodyfat... and that assumes above average genetics.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would avoid getting hung up on a target body fat percentage. Focus on getting to a weight and body composition that's best for performance.

What position are you looking to play? As an example: I play blindside flanker. During 15s, I tend to sit at around 185. Gives me a little more weight behind my tackles when I'm trying to take down some big-ass Poly dude, but keeps me light enough that my speed isn't significantly impacted.

For 7s, I drop down to closer to 170. Gives me a bit of a speed boost, and I don't need the extra weight since most of the guys playing 7s aren't particularly big
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Originally Posted by bLinkMoore View Post
    I would avoid getting hung up on a target body fat percentage. Focus on getting to a weight and body composition that's best for performance.

What position are you looking to play? As an example: I play blindside flanker. During 15s, I tend to sit at around 185. Gives me a little more weight behind my tackles when I'm trying to take down some big-ass Poly dude, but keeps me light enough that my speed isn't significantly impacted.

For 7s, I drop down to closer to 170. Gives me a bit of a speed boost, and I don't need the extra weight since most of the guys playing 7s aren't particularly big
    It will be my first season as a prop, probably loosehead. Used to play blindside as well.