gamandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Basic advice appreciated

So, I've had a few health issues that I've decided to fix naturally with diet. (Let food be thy medicine) I'm also overweight, so dietary changes are a necessity in any case. I'm 152 pounds and 5'1. I assume my bf% to be rather high. I've cleaned up my diet remarkably. I've given myself time to acclimate to it and now I'm ready to add in exercise. (Didn't want to discourage myself by doing too much at once) I'm eating on average 1375 calories per day. My macros are roughly 22% protein 25% fat, and 53% carbs. I'm getting about 26 grams of fiber a day and I'm just generally eating cleaner. (Complex carbs, lean protein, fruits, veggies, minimal processing of my foods, organic and chemical free whenever possible, minimizing sugars like mad and only using honey sparingly etc) think solid albacore tuna and hardboiled egg stuffed tomatoes with homemade tzatziki instead of mayo, homemade split pea soup, skinless chicken with zucchini, onion, pepper, and tomato etc) To be honest I FEEL better. Now I'm looking to do more since im acclimated. I'm gonna start with exercise 20 min 3x a week, and add 5 min a week until I reach a 60 min total. Then I'm gonna stop adding time and focus on intensity, upping my ability etc. I think I'm on the right track and would like to transform my life/body dramatically and permanently, but wanted any input from everyone here, because many of you are amazing. Is my calorie intake set properly? Macro percentages acceptable? Exercise targets realistic not too high, not too low. I plan on doing HITT/ Tabata style exercise to start, and include weight training once my order of weights arrive. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I'm taking things very seriously and researching everything I can etc, but help and outside opinions are so very welcome. Please help me transform my life for the better, I just want to feel and look healthier

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Macronutrient Intake

Make sure that your diet meets the minimum protein and fat intake.

Protein minimum: 0.7 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).
    (for optimal body building purposes and during energy deficit higher intakes may provide additional benefits.)

Fat minimum: 0.4 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer and/or allows you to perform and feel well. Some people do better on a higher carb intakes while other people do better on moderate or lower carb intakes. It is not necessary to set a specific numbers for each macro, what matters is that the total calories, minimum fat and protein are achieved.

Macro Percentages

Do not use macro percentages (for example 40/40/20). Your body does not care about percentages, it has minimum requirements.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Macronutrient Intake

Make sure that your diet meets the minimum protein and fat intake.

Protein minimum: 0.7 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).
    (for optimal body building purposes and during energy deficit higher intakes may provide additional benefits.)

Fat minimum: 0.4 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer and/or allows you to perform and feel well. Some people do better on a higher carb intakes while other people do better on moderate or lower carb intakes. It is not necessary to set a specific numbers for each macro, what matters is that the total calories, minimum fat and protein are achieved.

Macro Percentages

Do not use macro percentages (for example 40/40/20). Your body does not care about percentages, it has minimum requirements.
    op should focus on target weight. .7 * 152 = 106 And .4 x 152 is 60 which is more than someone 5’1 needs

Op:
    First thing first forget the %. Percentages are not a good way to do macros.

.25 of 1375 is only 38 grams of fat. Too low
    .25 of 1375 is 75 grams of protein also too low

Focus on minimums of fat and protein Marcos per day 90 grams minimum of protein (I would say more with your body weight but you’re only 5’1) and no less than 55 grams of fat

Calories, for just starting I think your deficit is too high and will be hard to maintain. Crash diets don’t work, life style changes do. If I had to guess your maintenance right now to stay the same weight you are is 2000-2300. A calorie goal of 1750 to start and see what happens is much more reasonable. Then you can adjust as needed after a few weeks. As you lose weight your calories to keep losing may go down, stay the same or go up with more exercise being done

If you can try to walk 30 minutes a day/ 2 miles for now and start lifting with a basic program. I wouldn’t recommend making up a program on your own as a beginner
    Insta is username snails.r.us

gamandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you!

This is exactly why I posted here.....you guys have a collective knowledge that is amazing, and I am still learning. Thank you!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    op should focus on target weight. .7 * 152 = 106 And .4 x 152 is 60 which is more than someone 5’1 needs
    Yep good catch, sorry I should have added that in as well.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.