curcs11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is seven months enough to be happy with my physique?

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I´m in a dilema. First of all I´m 30 years old and I feel like I will waste my "late youth" if I don´t put measures to my lifestyle right now.

I feel like I am 50 years old. I haven´t done sports for like 5 years and I eat fast food all day everyday. And I smoke. It´s getting hard to go to the grocery store without noticing my lunges and legs doing a big effort (I usually order to take away).

About my training past, I achieved more or less the body and the health status I wanted five years ago, but it went downhill since then because needing to prepare to study my second degree, which is my passion in life. I am now coursing my second year.

I have decided to take action and I have two alternatives.
    a. Finish this year and start from summer 1 year of training/eating healthy while not going to the university.
    b. Start now, go to my hometown and have 7 months of training/healthy lifestyle, and switch university for next year.

Would you please advice me if 7 months is enough? Thank you all.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Very hard to say. You could probably get back to where you were 5 years ago. Depends how much weight you've gained.

My view is why impose some time limit on it. Why not just make it a permanent change to a better lifestyle. Most people here have been going to the gym for years and in some cases have reached a plateau they are content with.

But you won't be able to fix the problem then go back to your old ways. You will regress even faster than you did before if you try that.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Very hard to say. You could probably get back to where you were 5 years ago. Depends how much weight you've gained.

My view is why impose some time limit on it. Why not just make it a permanent change to a better lifestyle. Most people here have been going to the gym for years and in some cases have reached a plateau they are content with.

But you won't be able to fix the problem then go back to your old ways. You will regress even faster than you did before if you try that.
    Thank you. I now weight 105kg. I would be fine at 80.
    My intention is to be fit, go back to school while trying to maintain my lifestyle, finish school and be free again. Thats why i'm setting a time frame.
    I have a problem with stress/anxiety and eating.
    I am very lazy aswell, if training eating healthy is not my first priority...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you lose 0.5kg a week until you get to 80kg, that would about 1 year.

You may be able to lose a tad faster initially but then not many people sustain a diet for that long without hiccups in the road. So perhaps 1 year is just about realistic - just for weight loss. Obviously you would do some resistance training too in order to prevent muscle being lost and improve your shape but you wouldn't be building a lot of muscle - not enough to have good definition for example.

If you lose 0.5kg a week until you get to 80kg, that would about 1 year.

You may be able to lose a tad faster initially but then not many people sustain a diet for that long without hiccups in the road. So perhaps 1 year is just about realistic - just for weight loss. Obviously you would do some resistance training too in order to prevent muscle being lost and improve your shape but you wouldn't be building a lot of muscle - not enough to have good definition for example.
    Thanks. I'm planing to do starting strenght with rows. If the muscle memory kicks in I think I can reach 1xbw bench, 1.2 squat and 1.4 dl.
    I once read an article about "losing fat and gaining muscle'. Something about muscle' memory.

Edit: btw those are my lifting goals for now. I think I Will try to achieve them before trying to lose weight, but i'm not sure if both are possible at the same time.

You should be able to get stronger while losing weight at a moderate pace. I wouldn't delay the fat loss, otherwise the whole objective is going to seem like it's taking forever.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should be able to get stronger while losing weight at a moderate pace. I wouldn't delay the fat loss, otherwise the whole objective is going to seem like it's taking forever.
    this. Diet is going to be a huge factor in the weight loss process. More important than working out imo
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You may make great progress or you can make no progress or end up somewhere in between those 2 things. Haw bad do you want it? The more you want it the more successful you'll be
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP seems to treat training and diet and school as mutually exclusive.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long it takes depends on what you're after, but either way, the effort you put into it will determine what you get out of it.

Many of us will never be "satisfied". There is always room for improvement. That is enough motivation for me to keep pushing for more.

Put in the work and maintain the discipline. The desire for more will kick in when you start seeing the results.
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    OP seems to treat training and diet and school as mutually exclusive.
    For me is very hard. I have allways been fat and I tend to be fat ( except for a period of like 3 years). I have bad habits like overeating when confronted with a little stress/anxiety.
    Training is hard aswell. I've never been into sports at all.

I try to think from my own experience. When I was somewhat fit I had nothing to do and I was 100% commited...

Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000) Hypernation is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation

Find the time and start NOW.

There is always time.

Sleep faster.

Don’t give me the “hard degree and work” bologna because I’ve been there and kept 3x/week schedule minimum.

1-hour a day.
    You can do this.
    Buck the f u ck up.
    You have my word as a Schons.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you always separate life from fitness, you'll never be fit for any period of time. Be a man. Get on with it.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by curcs11 View Post
    For me is very hard. I have allways been fat and I tend to be fat ( except for a period of like 3 years). I have bad habits like overeating when confronted with a little stress/anxiety.
    Training is hard aswell. I've never been into sports at all.

I try to think from my own experience. When I was somewhat fit I had nothing to do and I was 100% commited...
    You're already accepting that you're going to fail.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.