Thread: Plate pitting

TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Plate pitting

There's some minor pitting on one of my plates. They're pretty new so I'm just surprised - are they simply poor quality items?
    Attached Images

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TTV6 View Post
    There's some minor pitting on one of my plates. They're pretty new so I'm just surprised - are they simply poor quality items?
    Fitness gear plates are not good quality. Not surprised by this at all
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TTV6 View Post
    The only surprise to me is the fact all your Fitness Gear plates aren't pitted. I had a couple pairs of 25lb Fitness Gear plates that had weight difference of nearly 4lbs between the heaviest and lightest plate. Luckily I was able to trade up for some better plates eventually. Now you know to stay away from those plates, unless you're out of options completely.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TTV6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lifts4longevity View Post
    I had a couple pairs of 25lb Fitness Gear plates that had weight difference of nearly 4lbs between the heaviest and lightest plate.
    Holy crap! I don't feel a difference side to side when they're on the bar so even if they're off from the stated weight they're at least even. I'll have to find better ones anyways though, yikes.

BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000) BiGx5MurF is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not surprised by this. I was going to just collect similar weider cast iron plates as my local retail stores got them in stock. But when I showed up on the day they replenished, I found the same pitting on all the plates, and some were already showing signs of rust despite being new. So at that point I bit the bullet, and placed an order at dumbbellbuddy and just waited on some quality plates.