Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The PS5 already thermal throttles under normal gaming load w/ a running temp of 95c+ @ equilibrium

Sony screwed up by choosing silence over performance with that giant fan; hopefully they correct the RPM's with a firmware update

If not you're going to see a lot of dead PS5's in the next 1-2 years from silicon degradation

That SSD isn't going to run anywhere near it's rated speeds, within a few seconds it's going to spike to 100c+ and also throttle hard since there's no active cooling
    *Tolerance is the lube that slides the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of civilized society*

*We didn't deserve snailsrus*

As always: not medical advice but medical opinion crew

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    probably being a sony-cel coper, hypothetically speaking
    Why? Appears to me he is a PCcel

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blissful88 View Post
    The PS5 already thermal throttles under normal gaming load w/ a running temp of 95c+ @ equilibrium

Sony screwed up by choosing silence over performance with that giant fan; hopefully they correct the RPM's with a firmware update

If not you're going to see a lot of dead PS5's in the next 1-2 years from silicon degradation

That SSD isn't going to run anywhere near it's rated speeds, within a few seconds it's going to spike to 100c+ and also throttle hard since there's no active cooling

Das it mane.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *Community College Master Race*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That expansion slot is not even available at this moment? So they sold PS5's with an expansion slot, not able to use it? Fuarck man, Sony got me there.
    Can't imagine it overheating quick tho, as mentioned earlier here even passive cooling should be good. Then again, i don't know the actual specs and outcome.. time will tell i guess.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stackerbruh View Post
    That expansion slot is not even available at this moment? So they sold PS5's with an expansion slot, not able to use it? Fuarck man, Sony got me there.
    Can't imagine it overheating quick tho, as mentioned earlier here even passive cooling should be good. Then again, i don't know the actual specs and outcome.. time will tell i guess.
    Sony took so much heat (ayyyy) for fan nosie on the PS4 and in turn put a fan inside the PS5 that's half the size of the system. I don't know chit, but I wouldn't worry about Xboxcel fanboys looking for anything to dump on Sony for. This is literally all speculation and Xboxcel cope at this point. If people install SSDs this summer and PS5s start overheating then there is something to actually talk about.

And if you didn't have a problem with fan noise on your PS4 I surely wouldn't worry about this. I left my PS4 running constantly and could never hear it unless I laid on the floor next to my TV. Pretty sure "jet engine" complaints come from poorcels living in tiny apartments and nerds who play their console on a monitor and sit right next to it.

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Enjoying reading through all the Xbox cope replies, lmao, Bongo does it again with another grade A troll thread

You get used to it quick. I have gone back and forth between symmetrical and asymmetrical sticks many times now. It feels odd at firat then you get used to it. I really can't say one is better than the other besides what you are used to.

I like your thinking. I didn't get a CD player until the iPod came out. It's a great strategy, definitely not missing out in the short lives we have.
    Sony took so much heat (ayyyy) for fan nosie on the PS4 and in turn put a fan inside the PS5 that's half the size of the system. I don't know chit, but I wouldn't worry about Xboxcel fanboys looking for anything to dump on Sony for. This is literally all speculation and Xboxcel cope at this point. If people install SSDs this summer and PS5s start overheating then there is something to actually talk about.

And if you didn't have a problem with fan noise on your PS4 I surely wouldn't worry about this. I left my PS4 running constantly and could never hear it unless I laid on the floor next to my TV. Pretty sure "jet engine" complaints come from poorcels living in tiny apartments and nerds who play their console on a monitor and sit right next to it.

Lols.

Yeah, it's definitely a tongue in cheek thread and all this is just pure speculation at this point .... Like you said, we wont know until they release the SSD's and we see how they affect the system or the noise.

But again, misc engineers are welcome to speculate on the design choices and give a rough estimate on how the console might handle this based on how it's designed. It is worrying though, but lets see how. I will say this though, in its current state, at least my ps5 is the most quiet console I've ever had.
    Sig line can't be a novel

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's just hilarious that engineers who make 6 figures a year couldn't figure out better airflow in a chassis so fuking big.
    PC case engineers have figured out how to get decent airflow in and out in cases half that size years ago now...

Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    It's just hilarious that engineers who make 6 figures a year couldn't figure out better airflow in a chassis so fuking big.
    PC case engineers have figured out how to get decent airflow in and out in cases half that size years ago now...
    Why do you say airflow isn't sufficient?

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why do you say airflow isn't sufficient?
    ....point me to a single in depth review of the PS5's airflow that says it is. I haven't seen a video yet that doesn't basically say it's mediocre and definitely causes thermal throttling. But I also haven't cared to look at any videos since right after launch, so maybe I missed something.

Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    ....point me to a single in depth review of the PS5's airflow that says it is. I haven't seen a video yet that doesn't basically say it's mediocre and definitely causes thermal throttling. But I also haven't cared to look at any videos since right after launch, so maybe I missed something.
    I mean they have been out for months now and no reports of systems overheating or failing due to airflow. Did Bongo's troll thread title get you?