OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Aerobics without muscle loss

Right now I lift 2 days, off 1, lift 2 then off 2. My workouts are hypertrophy based but I want to start losing some fat. As far as exercise goes, what would be the weight lifting/aerobic ratio do I don't lose any muscle?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Muscle loss happens when net calorie deficit is too high and/or protein intake is too low.

Cardio can contribute to this by increasing your net calorie burn. So we can't really answer the question without knowing your TDEE and calorie intake. In general don't try to lose more than 1% of your bodyweight per week.

For example, if you are 200lbs, that's 2lb a week max which is a daily calorie deficit of 1000 max.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OldPapa View Post
    Right now I lift 2 days, off 1, lift 2 then off 2. My workouts are hypertrophy based but I want to start losing some fat. As far as exercise goes, what would be the weight lifting/aerobic ratio do I don't lose any muscle?
    You will lose some fat when you eat less calories than you burn on a consistent basis. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart. You can lose weight/fat without doing a lick of aerobic exercise.