OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much calories are you burning while weightlifting?

I´m making a nutrition plan, so I need to know how many calories I´m burning while weightlifting.

Is there a list, or a guide, somewhere, where I can check this?
    Couldn´t find anything and I´ve been searching for a while.

Thx.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It isn't a lot and you don't need to factor it in. Perhaps 1-200 calories over and above normal activities.

You are making guesses anyway, it doesn't really make any practical difference to just assume you burn about the same number of calories every day. Other errors in estimating TDEE and food intake will make a nonsense of trying to be too precise about it. It's about the broad strokes.

I generally eat the same calories regardless of training or no training.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless your doing an hour or more of cardio that gets your heart rate up and sweating, exercise wont affect your daily caloric needs enough to factor it in
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Two general approaches:

1) Ignore the amount you burn with exercise and just bundle it in your TDEE. This works well if your exercise routine is pretty stable and avoids estimation problems.

2) Attempt to estimate the amount you burn and figure that separately. This is theoretically better except for the problem that accurate estimates are fairly difficult. It does tend to work better if your routine is more variable.

Most people here used method #1 with great success. I like method #2, but then I like spreadsheets, math, regressions, etc. Either way will work as long as you are consistent in your application.

Calories burned per hour of exercise will be somewhat individual depending on a large number of factors like body weight, genetics, intensity, volume, rest times, net vs. gross, etc.

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ignore those calories.

The only [roughly] calculable calories are those burned during steady-state cardio because the intensity and duration is known. There is no way to calculate calories burned during curls, squats, bench,... because there's no way to calculate how much effort you used to move that weight or for how long. Best estimates say it's only a few hundred calories anyway, so don't bother.

You do cardio to increase your caloric deficit and you lift weights to harden/shape and/or build muscle.

I've safely included my steady-state calories into my deficit for a couple years now and it seems to work. I usually round down and keep a buffer greater than my deficit goal, though.
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thx a lot guys

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've always just figured in 200 calories burned for a weight training session. Somedays maybe more and some less however the 200 seems to have always worked as a good average when calculating TDEE
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

riverrbill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a person weighing around 70 kilos can burn 112 calories during a 30-minute low-to-moderate-intensity strength-training session. Whereas, a person weighing 83 kilos can expect to burn approximately 133 calories doing equal work.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by riverrbill View Post
    a person weighing around 70 kilos can burn 112 calories during a 30-minute low-to-moderate-intensity strength-training session. Whereas, a person weighing 83 kilos can expect to burn approximately 133 calories doing equal work.
    Sounds like you've applied a formula that was derived from a set of broad population data. What you don't see is the degree of uncertainty/variance in that result.

It's true to say that carrying more weight (and more muscle in particular) will probably result in more calories burned all else being equal. The problem is that all else is never equal...