zackwbutler is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for critique on my diet

I’m looking to see if anyone has any opinions or tips on my diet to optimize my nutrition. Maybe I’m on point but I want to make sure. I was about 200lbs approximately 1 year ago. I ate out constantly and ate whatever sounded good. Covid stopped me from eating out and I finally realized what I was doing and started to eat much healthier and consciously. I dieted myself down to 150. From my calculations I should be about 25-2600 calories for maintenance. I’m 5’5”-5’6” 155lbs currently, approximately 16% body fat (caliper measurements) and my job can be physically demanding or not depending on the day. I’ve been trying to hit 2800 calories as a target. Macros around 311g carb, 195g protein and 75g fat

Due to work I can’t train until after I get out which is 3pm. Here is my daily routine

Wake up at 4:30-5:00. Eat breakfast at 6 which consists of eggs and egg whites (either 1 egg and 3/4 cup egg white or 2 eggs and 1/2 egg white) with a little spinach mixed in, along with turkey bacon, old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 cup blueberries. This is my go to breakfast and I love it lol.

I have a snack at 8-9am which consists of Greek yogurt, kiwi and a clementine.

Lunch is 4oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice and some vegetables and some fruit (apple or banana)

~3pm snack/meal varies but could be a protein shake and some fruit and nuts, another chicken and rice meal, or maybe some ground turkey and rice or ground turkey and brown rice pasta. Fruit such as a banana or apple

Dinner is the most random and typically I let my significant other decide dinner. It’s always healthy and well balanced (protein fat and carb plus vegetable), portioned properly with macros accounted for (example last night was spaghetti (whole grain pasta) with ground turkey and low sodium spaghetti sauce). Salmon once a week for dinner and white fish once a week as well (these are set in stone). Dinner could also include steak as well.

Then I have the same meal before bed every night. 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1cup blackberries, 2 rice cakes with 2tbsp peanut butter, 1 serving of wheat thins.

Some substitutions throughout different days include unsalted nuts, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, salads, Ezekiel bread, avocados, popcorn.

I feel like I do really well. I’ve been doing this exact diet setup for about 10 weeks now. Training for 7 weeks straight now 4 times a week. I started at 150 and am up to 155lbs now. Not noticing fat gain, I am noticing definition/strength/muscle gain. I’m not heavy on sauces if I use them at all.

This was a lot lol any tips or opinions are much appreciated.
    Last edited by zackwbutler; 02-25-2021 at 09:37 AM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're gaining/losing at your desired rate, and you're hitting your protein and fat minimums, and you enjoy eating that many times... nothing wrong with it
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

zackwbutler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    If you're gaining/losing at your desired rate, and you're hitting your protein and fat minimums, and you enjoy eating that many times... nothing wrong with it
    It’s easy to adhere to. Just curious if I was doing something wrong or not optimal