ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivand82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Transitioning from Keto to gain muscle advice.

Hello everyone,
    Hoping I'm posting in the correct forum section and if someone can give me some advice. I have cut out all junk food since October 2020 and mostly been on a Keto diet. I was 265 lbs and now am 200lbs. I mostly walk every day and about a month ago I started to do 100 push ups (10 push ups with 1 min breaks in between to 100) and 200 leg crunches on my dip machine (25 crunches with 1min break in between). My clothes fit much better but still have some belly fat and chubby face. I'm very worried about going off keto because I gain weight very easily.
    My question is what meal plan should I switch to plus workout to start gaining muscle because my arms look very small now still I've lost so much water weight. Right now I'm on OMAD and mostly just eat chicken from my instapot and vegetables. I've cut out milk, sugar, bread and heavy carbs. My only cheat meal is maybe a handful of potato chips once or twice a week. I'm hoping someone with experience in this can point me to the right direction on meals, when to eat and which workouts. I am mostly worried about gaining fat again because I am very happy about the way my clothes fit now and just want to improve my muscle tone.
    Thank you in advance.

P.S. I'm 38, not 51. Not sure why my account says 51 and I cannot change it.
    Last edited by ivand82; 02-26-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Update

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would recommend not doing keto at all if you're looking to gain muscle. Studies have pretty conclusively shown that higher intensity training takes a blow when you start limiting carbs.

I wouldn't switch to a "meal plan" so much as I would switch to a structured, sustainable eating pattern. Calculate your macros, eat right around maintenance (since it seems like you do still have a decent amount of fat on you, and you're a novice--generally it's better to eat in a bit of a surplus if you're trying to gain muscle) and get on a good novice lifting program
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There are 2 workouts programs in the stickies up there ^^^. Fierce 5 and AllPro. If you read further into those threads there are variants you can do with dumb bells at home.