LgLime15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Tips and tricks help

Hello everyone! Hope all of you are safe during these times. After thinking about it for weeks, today I've started my new attempt to lose weight. I let myself go for a while and I think it's time to make a change now that I have no job or relationship to worry about and therefore no excuse to not do this. I started with this work out on YouTube "15 Minute Beginner Weight Training - Easy Exercises - HASfit Beginners Workout Routine - Strength" (sorry cant post links) and I plan on doing it three times a week as others have started with their routines on the forum. My only experience with losing weight before this was with FitBit's calorie counter and steps in which I lost 50 pounds in about 3-4 months back in Highschool. I would appreciate any help I can get and any suggestions. I've heard a lot of good things about this forum and I hope to make new friends and start this long journey with a good understanding on how to move forward. I am 6 foot and weight 365 pounds and my waist is 54''

P.S I'm not 51, I'm 23. I'm new so I'm not sure how to edit my profile

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the exercise routine itself won't make you lose weight, a caloric deficit does. you can try eating like 2700 calories for two weeks while weighing yourself every morning, see what happens to your weight and adjust based on that

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    the exercise routine itself won't make you lose weight, a caloric deficit does. you can try eating like 2700 calories for two weeks while weighing yourself every morning, see what happens to your weight and adjust based on that
    Yea, that's what the FitBit used to help me do. I should start using it again. The routine is to help me stay active since its freezing cold outside and I can't go on my walk until the early spring.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just note that regardless of your routine, you need to monitor what you eat. If you are eating in excess of what you burn then all the exercise in the world won't cause you to lose fat.

It's a bit of a bother but start tracking your calories logging and weighing your food (with food scales and maybe an app such as myfitnesspal). Choose a specific calorie level such as 2500 calories (random suggestion) and eat at that consistently. Monitor the effect this has on your weight over a couple of weeks after the initial rapid water loss. If you are losing around 1-2lb a week then maintain this level (I'm unsure of your weight right now but unless you are obese it is unlikely you will be losing more than this, if you are obese and you are losing more than this then that isn't the end of the world). If your weight is static then reduce calories by 500. If your weight is increasing then drop calories periodically until you are losing 1-2lb per week.

That sounds complex but if you are methodical it will soon become second nature, it isn't as hard as it sounds. Adding in weight training will encourage your body to preserve muscle mass but won't have a direct effect on how much fat you lose over and above the extent to which you are in a calorie deficit
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    15 minute workouts three times a week are not going to fix your problems.

You need to lose 150-200 pounds and that is going to take years of dedicated effort to change your lifestyle and eating habits.

You need to buy a food scale and learn how to weigh/measure/log literally everything that goes into your mouth. You need to learn that while no foods are "forbidden" that some are much better choices overall nutritionally than others in terms of both nutrient values and in helping you to feel satisfied while consuming fewer calories overall.

You need to understand that this isn't a "diet". It needs to be a complete change in your lifestyle and relationship with food that will continue even after you have reached your goal weight for the rest of your life. Failing to understand that will mean that you are almost certain to just regain the lost weight back again.

Your 15 minute /3 week workout may be alright for a couple of months but ultimately you should move to a proven weight training program for beginners like Fierce 5 or Stronglifts.

Understand that the weight training isn't so much to build up some huge amount of muscle as it will be to help you to retain overall lean mass while in a prolonged deficit so that your body will prioritize burning stored fat reserves over muscle tissue.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I know doing a routine or going on walks isn't going to help me loose weight and I understand the calorie deficit is what's going to help me loose weight. I apologize for not phrasing my post correctly. What suggestions do you guys have to start eating healthier and how does exercise and what type of it helps with weight loss? Luclin999 you gave me a better picture as to what weight training helps with and I appreciate it. I never knew how it helped since all I heard was that it helps burn fat fast. Thanks! And Alex thanks for giving me a understanding of how a weight loss should look like! I'll definitely keep a close eye on how much I'm loosing and adjust my diet if I reach a plateau

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    Does drinking water or having breakfast before weighing myself affect it? Or should I do it beforehand?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LgLime15 View Post
    Does drinking water or having breakfast before weighing myself affect it? Or should I do it beforehand?
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom before ingesting anything.

I suggest you go back 1 page and read the "Dont Look Past the Basics" sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom before ingesting anything.

I suggest you go back 1 page and read the "Dont Look Past the Basics" sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    Will do, thanks!