JayflexMI is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie here with a Whey question

First I want to say its an honor to be here with such an amazing group of guys who have such a vast knowledge of just about everything when it comes to fitness, body building, bulking, weight loss, etc. My question is where do you guys stand on ******** WheyTech Pro Whey Isolate 25?? It has 25 grams of proteins per scoop, 1g carb, 1g of sugar and 0g of fat. The ingredients and percentage to daily intake is awesome. Of course I make 3-4 shakes every other day and use about 6 scoops of powder and I'll throw in some frozen strawberries, bananas and a couple scoops of creamy peanut butter or a little thickness plus a little extra proteins. I am finding that as a post workout shake or even a meal replacement early in the day it works great. If you stick with the Isolate you wont have any digestion problems and an entire shaker bottle full is definitely enough to fill you up instead of making a mistake and grabbing fast food or if you didn't prepare a proper lunch. The stuff tastes awesome too. You'd have no clue that you're drinking a whey protein shake unless I told you. Even with 2 scoops per shaker bottle. I'm finding it difficult to take in 1-1.5g or protein per pound of body weight which is what they suggest to put on lean mass. Even with those shakes and a healthy dinner I am having a hard time getting 240-245 grams of protein in my body everyday. Feel free to weigh in on your experience with this particular why or what you use to make sure that you're getting enough protein to see some solid gains. Of course I'm hitting the gym 5 days a week for about 90-120 mins each day and also on a killer stack to ensure clean and solid gains in both size and strength. I'm currently 6'3, 240-245lbs, aprox 13%bf which I'm working n but the good thing is that its spread out so I don't have a belly or fat arms or the little wings that hang off a persons arms when they strut around the gym and stare into the mirror (god that pisses me off). So I'm looking forward to feedback. Thanks to all.

jayflex

Registered User AlphaMentality4's Avatar
    AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaMentality4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your struggling with getting enough protein try eating egg whites they are very easily digested. Also milk is a great option for extra protein, try and get organic milk though. This is what I use to increase my overall protein intake during the day If i haven’t eaten enough protein. Good luck.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Jesus. Why are you using so much protein powder? And why are you overestimating your macro? .8-1g per lb of LBM is more than sufficient for most athletic goals and body comp goals. Based on the stats you shared, 170-213 is more than enough.

You also seem to have a ton of misconceptions of your "stack" and what it actually does and how much it actually contributes to hypertrophy. Also, timing of your protein and macros are not relevant to the vast majority of people. So when you take a shake or meal isn't any better nor worse than any other time.

Hypertrophy is driven by a caloric surplus to TDEE, weight training with progressive volume and getting rest. Much, if not all, of the other stuff you've concerned yourself with isn't making a difference including how long you are in the gym and the number of days. Progressive volume is what matters. A simple 5x5 is 4-5 movements and shouldn't take more than an hour.

You also don't need an isolate unless you're lactose intolerant. If you still need help meeting your macro after adjusting, pick a powdered food that meets your macros and budget and you like the taste. In the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein outside of collagen or collagen-based sources. There is also no reason to worry about "organic" anything if you don't want to.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."