MrBrave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hold down barbell for T row

I've seen some barbell ground plugins which are really expensive at the moment.

If I need to perform T rows, does anyone know how I could use my current barbell to hold down one side without spending to much money? Tried a few ways by placing the barbell into a corner but as the weight got heavier it lost its balance

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-T-Bar...r_1_5?dchild=1

Sounds like you're looking for a DIY option, but this looks like about the cheapest way to go and should be in stock again relatively soon.

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrBrave View Post
    I've seen some barbell ground plugins which are really expensive at the moment.

If I need to perform T rows, does anyone know how I could use my current barbell to hold down one side without spending to much money? Tried a few ways by placing the barbell into a corner but as the weight got heavier it lost its balance
    One thing I've done for years to keep the light end of the bar in place, is to jack the bar angle up (use blocks or better yet, a platform under the weighted end). Nothing terribly tall, you're just looking to get the resting angle of the bar away from being anywhere near level (parallel to the floor).

Also, the longer the bar, the easier it is to get full range of motion while keeping the empty end seated. Plan on getting a proper attachment (when you can) as that is the only real way to ensure your safety. The link radrd posted looks like a good/inexpensive option.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seconding Radrd, I have a similar model I snagged off of amazon for approximately $30. Mine attaches to 2 to 3 inch tubing with a little set screw and works great. You may have to come up with a work-around until things are back in stock, but I do not regret my purchase in the least.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||