Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mojojonz View Post
    I've experimented with 200cal a day but found 300cal/day was better. So that'd be roughly 2lbs per month.
    Next time around try gaining only 1-2 pounds per month. It can make a difference with the amount of fat you gain.

Do that in combination with a higher volume lifting program that lets you lift more in the medium rep ranges around 8-10.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Classic thread

Training like a powerlifter and wondering why he doesn't look like a bodybuilder...smh

Now, I understand OP is probably not eating enough or training with a high enough RPE; but geeze that fierce 5 really is too generic.
    I know ima get blasted for saying this on this forum that promotes that program so highly but you need more isolation and direct work.

Sorry, but that's how I feel about it

Carry on
    power lifting / training like a power lifter is the one thing that actually changed my physique the most. (In a good way)
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I agree with you on those things bud.
    What I don't like is following this program for 2 years. Even a novice should have these movement's form, and understanding of them, down in 6 months tops. At that time, it's time to start adding more.
    I just truly believe that isolation work directly targets a given muscle group better, and more efficiently, than compounds; therefore better growth.

We see these threads all the time and this is another example of it.
    OP said he switched to the intermediate UL after 5 months. Not saying F5 is the be all end all, but it can't be to blame for his lifts not progressing at all.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    power lifting / training like a power lifter is the one thing that actually changed my physique the most. (In a good way)
    Similar here..

Combining heavy lower-rep training which primes your CNS for heavy, explosive tension alongside accessories to promote hypertrophy through volume and metabolic fatigue is the GOAT
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    OP said he switched to the intermediate UL after 5 months. Not saying F5 is the be all end all, but it can't be to blame for his lifts not progressing at all.
    Well he also said that he was eating enough to gain 2 pounds per month.

Maybe he's one of the people that responds better to higher volume and/or higher rep ranges.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Well he also said that he was eating enough to gain 2 pounds per month.

Maybe he's one of the people that responds better to higher volume and/or higher rep ranges.
    Oh I do agree OP should try something else after 2 years of this, and something with higher volume/reps is a sensible option. Just saying that for his BP at the weights he's lifting not to increase over a whole year on F5 U/L, esp when bulking, sounds like something else is off with his training/effort/nutrition. I mean, even if not optimal for OP, there should be some progress.

The other thing I didn't get from what OP said is that it looks like when he takes a couple of months off here and there to cut he gets off the program altogether, what is he doing during those months?

mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Oh I do agree OP should try something else after 2 years of this, and something with higher volume/reps is a sensible option. Just saying that for his BP at the weights he's lifting not to increase over a whole year on F5 U/L, esp when bulking, sounds like something else is off with his training/effort/nutrition. I mean, even if not optimal for OP, there should be some progress.

The other thing I didn't get from what OP said is that it looks like when he takes a couple of months off here and there to cut he gets off the program altogether, what is he doing during those months?
    Been a while, since I checked out my own thread. So my first big cut I did the Intermeidate routine, then did the Novice for 2 months while building back lost strength. Then the intermedaite routine for a 8month slow bulk 200-250 cal per day. And it was during this time my bench didn't move at all. All the new exercise moved slowly, So there was SOME progress being made, just stuff all. Then I had to cut again, and Ive just spun my wheels.

To summarise what Im reading, people generally tend to be of the opinion that my main question to this thread about higher carbs might help a little but not directly. There is a stronger theme going that I might respond better to straight up mroe volume/higher reps?

If not the fierce 5 intermediate then what pre-programmed routine would fill that ?

BTW, im currently cutting on the F5 novice again. Will being bulking again in about a month. I ate way too much over my holiday

mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just thought Id re-ask this question before the thread becomes too old.

Anyone have any thoughts on a good pre-programmed Intermediate program, that's higher volume that F5 intermediate? Or to get higher volume is it as simple as lowering weight and increasing reps/sets on any program I like?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Just thought Id re-ask this question before the thread becomes too old.

Anyone have any thoughts on a good pre-programmed Intermediate program, that's higher volume that F5 intermediate? Or to get higher volume is it as simple as lowering weight and increasing reps/sets on any program I like?
    Volume is indicated by the number of hard sets you do - so that would not increase the volume.

Been a while, since I checked out my own thread. So my first big cut I did the Intermeidate routine, then did the Novice for 2 months while building back lost strength. Then the intermedaite routine for a 8month slow bulk 200-250 cal per day. And it was during this time my bench didn't move at all. All the new exercise moved slowly, So there was SOME progress being made, just stuff all. Then I had to cut again, and Ive just spun my wheels.
    You shouldn't be losing significant strength in a cut. You were probably cutting too fast and possibly also bulking too fast.

There is a stronger theme going that I might respond better to straight up mroe volume/higher reps?
    Correct.

If not the fierce 5 intermediate then what pre-programmed routine would fill that ?
    The Lyle McDonald bulking routine with 4 sets on the first 2 compounds and 3 sets on the rest of the lifts.

https://jcdfitness.com/2009/01/lyle-...lking-routine/

A push, pull, legs routine 6x per week could also work.

You shouldn't be losing significant strength in a cut. You were probably cutting too fast and possibly also bulking too fast.
    The first big cut I did which lasted 5 months. when from 19% to 9%. I did at 400-500cal/day. It was long and I still lost strength, which came back quite fast though. So from now on I cut at 900-1000cal/day. I figure Im going to lose strength anyway, better to get it over with and I know from experience that muscle memory is a real thing! I now also take much more protein on cuts and switch to F5 Novice for the first little while until my base strength is back.

The Lyle McDonald bulking routine with 4 sets on the first 2 compounds and 3 sets on the rest of the lifts.

https://jcdfitness.com/2009/01/lyle-...lking-routine/

A push, pull, legs routine 6x per week could also work.
    Thanks for this link, just what I was after!