Thread: Dextrose

OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Dextrose

For my post workout shake I mix whey protein and dextrose powder. 24g protein/40g carbs. I know it spikes insulin but I notice I have to keep drinking something sugary like Gatorade for a couple hours after or my blood sugar keeps dropping to an uncomfortable level. It usually resolves itself after I eat breakfast. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I workout in the mornings before breakfast and take a dose of c4.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You don't need to spike insulin. That idea is greatly overhyped. There is already an insulin reaction just from ingesting protein.

Especially if you feel bad afterwards - that's the opposite of what you want.

OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OldPapa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You don't need to spike insulin. That idea is greatly overhyped. There is already an insulin reaction just from ingesting protein.

Especially if you feel bad afterwards - that's the opposite of what you want.
    The info I got was if you just take protein then part of it will be converted to glucose since your body's main priority after a workout is to replenish glucose stores. Is this incorrect?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by OldPapa View Post
    The info I got was if you just take protein then part of it will be converted to glucose since your body's main priority after a workout is to replenish glucose stores. Is this incorrect?
    Only if you are very low on calories and carbohydrates specifically. In real world situations, this rarely happens, you usually have some residual food in your system. Weight training is not typically that glycogen depleting. An average weight training workout probably burns less than 200 extra calories.

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldPapa View Post
    For my post workout shake I mix whey protein and dextrose powder. 24g protein/40g carbs. I know it spikes insulin but I notice I have to keep drinking something sugary like Gatorade for a couple hours after or my blood sugar keeps dropping to an uncomfortable level. It usually resolves itself after I eat breakfast. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I workout in the mornings before breakfast and take a dose of c4.
    What do you mean to an "uncomfortable level"? Are you testing the actual levels, are you diabetic?

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

Originally Posted by stad0203 View Post
    What do you mean to an "uncomfortable level"? Are you testing the actual levels, are you diabetic?
    Not diabetic. When I started feeling a little weak I tested it and it was 67

Apart from everything else, it's kind a of a waste of calories. Eat some kind of healthy whole food instead. Salesmen will tell you that it will be digested fast - but there is no evidence that speed is a factor at this point in fact it appears to be causing you problems which a slower digesting food would probably not.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Apart from everything else, it's kind a of a waste of calories. Eat some kind of healthy whole food instead. Salesmen will tell you that it will be digested fast - but there is no evidence that speed is a factor at this point in fact it appears to be causing you problems which a slower digesting food would probably not.
    This. Something with a better micronutrient profile would be better, but in the end, it's just calories from carbs.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic