seh27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Hypertrophy for a college athlete? Trying to gain muscle.

Hey! I am currently a freshman in college, and I play soccer, so lots of running. I am trying to gain and build muscle, and lift about 5-6 times a week on top of soccer training 4-5 days a week. Any advice for building and gaining? I eat a lot--like 2800+ a day and still am not seeing that much growth. I'm not sure if my body isn't recovering? But thanks in advance!!

kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd recommend checking out the beginner bodybuilding sticky in this forum, it's very informative!

If you're lifting 5-6 times a week I'm wondering if you might be splitting up those days with different muscle groups, hitting one or two a day for each day of the week. I'd suggest finding a full body routine that has you working out only 3 or maybe 4 times a week, but hitting every muscle in each workout with big, compound movements (squat, deadlift, bench, row, shoulder press, etc). Think of your weightlifting volume as a weekly thing, not a daily thing, and by training the full body three times a week instead of hitting every muscle once throughout the week, you'll be tripling your weekly volume.

Start light so it doesn't hinder your soccer performance, but definitely check out the sticky because it has all the information you'll need!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by seh27 View Post
    Hey! I am currently a freshman in college, and I play soccer, so lots of running. I am trying to gain and build muscle, and lift about 5-6 times a week on top of soccer training 4-5 days a week. Any advice for building and gaining? I eat a lot--like 2800+ a day and still am not seeing that much growth. I'm not sure if my body isn't recovering? But thanks in advance!!
    Soccer is your main focus, not your lifting. I would suggest a simple/effective 3 day full body routine to balance everything out. You program needs to include the important compound lifts, (which are needed to build a solid foundation and overall muscle balance.) Throw in a few isolation movements to finish things off.

Make sure you're tracking your calorie intake properly. If you're not seeing changes you need to increase your calories.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you playing soccer for your college team? If so then you need to be in contact with the strength and conditioning coach that supports your team.