QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Titan T-3 Safety Straps on Rogue R-3? Safe?

Early last year I ordered an R-3 rack and some accessories from Rogue. The Rack came in early summer but the safety straps were backordered. Rogue have now discontinued the straps (and needless to say I'm not very happy w/ Rogue at the moment leaving me stuck with a rack without safety straps).

I believe the Titan T-3 and Rogue R-3 accessories are fully interchangeable.

Thoughts on how advisable and safe it'd be to use the Titan safety straps? From what I've read the straps themselves are now much better than the ones that were failing before the 2018 recall.

Thanks,

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't personally trust Titan's welds or stitching, but if you do then the only question is whether you are certain they will fit your Rogue rack. Rogue's stuff is all standard and Titan's is metric, so just be sure they will fit.

QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I don't personally trust Titan's welds or stitching, but if you do then the only question is whether you are certain they will fit your Rogue rack. Rogue's stuff is all standard and Titan's is metric, so just be sure they will fit.
    Thanks. Yeah, Titan have had their share of quality problems and in particular with their first attempt at straps. From everything I've been able to find the new straps are done well - at least those few tested. So I think the issue is if they are all made well or if there is a lot of quality variability from strap to strap. Then again, this is a safety device.

Fit is certainly a concern. From what I've read they SHOULD. We'll see.

My only other options are; keep using the pin & pipes which I really really really hate or sell this rack and buy another which would be a PITA and expensive option ...but possibly worth it.

Argh! Really unhappy Rogue left me high & dry like this.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could buy the Titan straps and load up a bar with more than you'd actually lift and do a few test drops....

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by QDubs View Post
    Early last year I ordered an R-3 rack and some accessories from Rogue. The Rack came in early summer but the safety straps were backordered. Rogue have now discontinued the straps (and needless to say I'm not very happy w/ Rogue at the moment leaving me stuck with a rack without safety straps).

I believe the Titan T-3 and Rogue R-3 accessories are fully interchangeable.

Thoughts on how advisable and safe it'd be to use the Titan safety straps? From what I've read the straps themselves are now much better than the ones that were failing before the 2018 recall.

Thanks,
    There are certain things I wouldn't order from Titan, and straps would be one of them. More importantly, the brackets more than likely won't fit your Rogue rack if you buy them from Titan. Titan pin size is 11/16" (well, it's probably sized in Metricmeters as I've never seen anything from China come with true American sizing). I believe you can fit all the Rogue accessories onto Titan's rack, but not the other way around.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks. Yeah, Titan have had their share of quality problems and in particular with their first attempt at straps. From everything I've been able to find the new straps are done well - at least those few tested. So I think the issue is if they are all made well or if there is a lot of quality variability from strap to strap. Then again, this is a safety device.

Fit is certainly a concern. From what I've read they SHOULD. We'll see.

My only other options are; keep using the pin & pipes which I really really really hate or sell this rack and buy another which would be a PITA and expensive option ...but possibly worth it.

Argh! Really unhappy Rogue left me high & dry like this.
    I hear you on the pin and pipe. When I bought my RML I was trying to save a few bucks and figured they wouldn't be that bad, but I hated them so much I didn't even use them once. I ended up buying custom made flip-downs from BWTG. If you're not set on straps, that's another option for you or you could also consider the Rogue spotter arms.

Titan's came and I'm quite happy (and very relieved) that they do fit the R-3!

Titan's came and I'm quite happy (and very relieved) that they do fit the R-3!
    Good luck.