xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lifting and hemorrhoids

Embarrassing subject but I'd like views from lifters who have the unfortunate experience of getting hemorrhoids after a heavy session of lifting.

Generally it's due to your diet if you don't eat enough fibrous foods and then you strain too much on the toilet. In my case it happens when I strain too much from a form of physical exercise.

It happened to me one day after 8 sets of 1 rep (@8-9 RPE) on squats (GZCLP). Could this really occur due to not bracing correctly (I try to apply the vasalva manoeuvre)? Or maybe not firing up the glutes appropriately? I'm just p'd off I need to take a week off lifting because of this - tried to work out yesterday and ruined the progress I made in this respect.

Just looking at some ideas on how to prevent this, if possible.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've found some recommendations, but I'm not sure how to conceptualise "pushing the air in the direction of the throat"? If that is the normal way to do it, I've been doing it wrong.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/3...g-hemorrhoids/

Avoid holding your breath and pushing in the direction of your anus as you lift weights. Instead, take a breath before lifting; then hold your breath, pushing the air in the direction of your throat as you lift, exhaling completely after each repetition.
    Try taking a 30-minute walk each morning to prevent hemorrhoids, and perform Kegel exercises throughout the day by contracting and releasing your perineal muscles several times.
    And kegels? I don't want to waste time doing irrelevant things unless they truly help out. Appreciate any recommendations on what you found useful for yourselves.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    Avoid holding your breath and pushing in the direction of your anus as you lift weights.
    The anus isn't a part of the respiratory system. Even if one heavy lifting session is a contributory factor, I'd guess a change in diet and some Preparation-H would still do the trick.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    The anus isn't a part of the respiratory system. Even if one heavy lifting session is a contributory factor, I'd guess a change in diet and some Preparation-H would still do the trick.
    I'm using the cream, but why do you think the diet is the cause? I no longer have issues in that respect..or I think I don't. This is the 3rd time I got hemorrhoids - twice when I was doing some 'construction' work at my home a few years ago and third time last week after the workout.

There must be something I did wrong during the execution of the lift?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm using the cream, but why do you think the diet is the cause? I no longer have issues in that respect..or I think I don't. This is the 3rd time I got hemorrhoids - twice when I was doing some 'construction' work at my home a few years ago and third time last week after the workout.

I didn't say it's the sole cause, just seems odd that one heavy lifting session (or "construction" work) could do it alone. Either way, I think that article really meant not to vigorously flex your sphincter muscles while you work out.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Exhale deeply when you do the pushing or pulling movement. Inhale when the weight is static (stationary).

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I didn't say it's the sole cause, just seems odd that one heavy lifting session (or "construction" work) could do it alone. Either way, I think that article really meant not to vigorously flex your sphincter muscles while you work out.
    You could be right. What was different in this session was my first time doing singles over such a 'high' (8) number of sets - plus I failed the 9th and 10th set (actual failure, the safeties came into play).

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Exhale deeply when you do the pushing or pulling movement. Inhale when the weight is static (stationary).
    I thought you should keep the air in for higher stability? But if that prevents piles I'll gladly change my ways. This s*it sucks let me tell you!