NowMotivated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workout Plan + Calorie Target

I am 300lbs and 5'9" (wow, yikes, etc). I was recently accepted into a rigorous grad program and I want to enter it the best version that I can be. I have until Jun (when program begins - then I will have to slow down my weight loss/maintain).

Equipment available:
    -Power Rack
    -Bench
    -Airdyne

I will have to build up my strength and endurance, covid and depression has not been kind to me. I dont have much but I will paypal alittle something for your time.

I understand macros and can come up with meals, just need a structured workout plan and a calorie target.
    Last edited by NowMotivated1; 02-18-2021 at 01:09 PM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NowMotivated1 View Post
    I am 300lbs and 5'9" (wow, yikes, etc). I was recently accepted into a rigorous grad program and I want to enter it the best version that I can be. I have until Jun (when program begins - then I will have to slow down my weight loss/maintain).

Equipment available:
    -Power Rack
    -Bench
    -Airdyne

I will have to build up my strength and endurance, covid and depression has not been kind to me. I dont have much but I will paypal alittle something for your time.

I understand macros and can come up with meals, just need a structured workout plan and a calorie target.
    calorie target? hmm... try something like 2500 while weighing yourself every morning for two weeks, then see what happens to your weight and adjust based on that

you could try fierce 5, greyskull, all pro, starting strength or stronglifts. there are more good ones too

Registered User AwakeningDragon's Avatar
    AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cardio and Diet should be your priority. Walk or Bike everyday stuff that's low impact on your joints. As much as you can without completely killing yourself and build up your endurance start with 30-90min . You need to lose 50 pounds at least before I'd recommend going on a muscle building program, it will only tire you out and burn you out faster.
    If you really want to lift weights as well I'd do very high reps 30-60 upper body workout routine. save the legs for cardio.

2500 cals is a good target
    Point is lose the weight now, you can always make 30min available to lift weight when you start your grad program

NowMotivated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for the advice. So far I have been ok on 1600 calories (on low activity days). As I increase activity I am sure I will have to up the calories more. I focus on satisfying calories, like just now I made a garlic lime cilantro shrimp boil, used a bag of 12oz of extra large shrimp and 1/2 bag of instant wild rice. During the program I can find time to workout, you're right. But I wont be able to be in too much of a deficit due to the rigor of the program (need my big brain to operate at full function LOL, second year gotta work long hours at the hospital while taking science courses) - so I will focus on slow weight lose or maintenance in the worse case (speaking from experience, things can get crazy in these programs)