Registered User userKSX1LFAN0GM's Avatar
    userKSX1LFAN0GM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Need Advice! Caloric Deficit But Not Losing Weight

Hi all,

I’m a 23 year old male and i need help. In March 2020 i was around 297 lbs. Since that time i lost a good amount of weight and I’m now at 250 lbs. This was mostly done with the OMAD diet and on and off exercise.

I stopped doing OMAD because it was unrealistic to keep up long term and it was difficult when wanting to have a social life. OMAD has worked for me in the past though. A couple years back i lost 50 lbs in 3 months but i gained it all back in 6 months and that’s why i want something more sustainable.

In December i was around 267 and i got down to 237 in about a month through OMAD (this was fasted and low water intake...was doing this for a weight loss challenge/bet). I fell off track and now I’m at 250.

For the past 2 and a half weeks I’ve been counting my calories accurately using a scale and taking nutritional labels with a grain of salt and being cautious. I’ve been at 2100 calories for the past 2 and a half weeks and i haven’t gained or lost a single pound. It’s literally been stagnant everyday.

Starting in the next couple days I’m going to start working out consistently, most likely the elliptical and lifting weights. I haven’t got a good plan yet but I’m working on it. (Any suggestions are greatly appreciated)

I don’t want to go under 2000 calories because i don’t want to be skinny fat and end up plateauing but i don’t really know what to do. I was thinking of sticking to 2100 calories and start working out and see what happens. I was also thinking of getting an RMR test because there’s a place local to me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. It’s really easy for me to gain muscle and it’s really easy for me to gain fat so i need something i can stick to long term. Also, as far my physique, i definitely look puffier and more bloated in the face but my body looks like I’ve lost weight in this 2 week period.

Below are my stats. Thank you all so much! Let me know if there’s any other info i can provide.

Stats:
    Weight: 250 lbs
    Height: 5’9.5”
    Caloric Intake: 2100

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you eat 2100 calories at 250lbs you will 100 percent be in a deficit. weight can stall and then drop as weight loss isn't linear but it's impossible to not drop weight at 2100 calories at 250lbs. Make sure you're counting correctly and tracking everything. As for fasting and then binging, don't do that. You need a sustainable diet and all you're doing with fasting and binging is feast and famine. You'll put all the weight back on if not more which you've experienced yourself. How active are you through the day? Increasing activity through the day can help alot with keeping in a deficit and even allow you some more calories to get more nutrients in you. Eat quality food to fill you up more as well. For example a baked potato has the same calories as a couple packs of crisps. The baked potato will fill you up a hell of a lot more

chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi. I’ve been in a deficit for 9 months now and lost 50pounds. My advice is track everything that goes in your mouth....don’t forget any cooking oils and spreads. I use an app to track calories. Get a scale to weigh your food, for a long time some of my portions were double what I thought until I weighed them out. Try to walk, I found walking is a great fat burner, I do 10000 every day. Train.....I train and lift three days a week focussing on the big compound exercises.
    Good luck man