Fang1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need opinions/advise on my current diet

meal 1 ( pre work out/breakfast) : 40gm oats with skimmed milk,3 egg whites,2 slices of brown bread(toast) with 1 tbs peanutbutter,chia seeds and half a banana,black coffee.
    meal 2 ( post work out) : 1 apple,protein shake,2 whole eggs,50gm chickpeas.
    meal 3 (lunch) : 200gm chick breast (boiled),100gm broccoli,40gms quinoa.
    meal 4 (afternoon snack) : 3 egg whites, 2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter, half a banana and chia seeds,1 kiwi fruit
    meal 5 (tea time) : green tea,100 gm broccoli and 200gm chicken breast (boiled).
    meal 6 (dinner) : 200gm chicken breast boiled,100 gm broccoli and 40gm quinoa.

i do strength training 6 days a week with free weight(dumbell/barbells) at home and 3 days of cardio (30min alternate days).iv been working out for the last 7months so im a newbie.i shed 12 kgs of weight and now looking to put on some muscle mass.
    weight :65.50 kgs'
    height : 5ft 8inches

there is just so much info on the internet that its overwhelming.im trying to put on muscle mass currently and would love if you guys could review my diet and let me know if something is lacking or if i need to make any changes.

P.S: 1st time posting here and not sure how this goes

thank you

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What matters is calories and macros so that's what you need to work out. The other details are peripheral to that - and it looks like you are trying to do the "6 meal a day" thing which is not necessary unless you particularly prefer it that way. 3 or 4 feedings per day is plenty. I personally do 2 meals and 2 protein shakes per day at widely spaced intervals.

There is a lot of information in the sticky threads about calories and macros.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, it lacks variety... you're eating just chicken and broccoli most of the time... so you're likely not getting nearly enough of certain micros.

Don't eat the same thing every day, and don't think that you need 6 meals a day... you don't.

Hit your calorie and protein/fat targets, and call it a day.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What matters is calories and macros so that's what you need to work out. The other details are peripheral to that - and it looks like you are trying to do the "6 meal a day" thing which is not necessary unless you particularly prefer it that way. 3 or 4 feedings per day is plenty. I personally do 2 meals and 2 protein shakes per day at widely spaced intervals.

There is a lot of information in the sticky threads about calories and macros.

thank you

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Well, it lacks variety... you're eating just chicken and broccoli most of the time... so you're likely not getting nearly enough of certain micros.

Don't eat the same thing every day, and don't think that you need 6 meals a day... you don't.

Hit your calorie and protein/fat targets, and call it a day.
    thanks.will start looking into other foods to vary the diet