HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

how to balance BJJ and Boxing??

getting back into boxing along with still continue to do BJJ.

does anyone else do both striking and grappling and also even lift? I enjoy BJJ more so will likely try for 3-4x and 2-3x of boxing.

no idea where the hell lifting would fit. maybe one day a week?

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Normal is lift full body 2x weekly. If not recovering, can scale back even more with one day upper one day lower.

Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100) Arnidas is not very well liked. (-100)
    Boxing>>>

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HtotheOV View Post
    getting back into boxing along with still continue to do BJJ.

does anyone else do both striking and grappling and also even lift? I enjoy BJJ more so will likely try for 3-4x and 2-3x of boxing.

no idea where the hell lifting would fit. maybe one day a week?
    up until 2018 i was able to do both boxing, bjj and lift every week.

here's how i broke it down:

the bjj school i was a member of had a boxing gym literally half a block around the corner (if any of you are in chicago's nw burbs i can tell you where)

i'd train bjj on the clock at work 3 days a week since i was able to, my work assignment allowed me that luxury for a solid two years.

i'd go for a second bjj trainingn session in the evenings but only another day or two during the week. this was five sessions of bjj during the week and the evening sessions i'd go to the boxing gym BEFORE my evening bjj class. boxing was more who you can meet there that would be your partner or hit the bag, pads, shadowbox, etc. show up at boxing at 5:30 pm, leave by 6:30 walk over to bjj school, shower then start class. i would NOT roll after class, my body was shot (i was already over 40 at this point).

weekends were devoted to weight training. i'd train bjj saturday morning no gi then hit the gym about 4 hours later, go to my part time job saturday evening. sunday morning would be another gym day.

I lost a lot of weight, not in a good way it was likely muscle but i did get leaner. the whole calories in calories out, eat more to gain, etc....that approach doesn't work well when you're training for stamina and combat sports in general. everything hurts and mass becomes a problem.

gym workouts were limited to legs and back mostly, did no arm exercises for the longest time and not much for chest. shoulders were very hard to work on they always hurt.

my bjj school ended up moving and i joined their muay thai program but i'm not a fan of it as much as boxing. I loved the boxing but it came at a cost of being worn out for jits.

don't know how much it helps but if i was able to do it with a full time job and a part time job it is workable.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You pick a time to do BJJ and you pick a separate time to do Boxing

Then you go to those things at those times
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Learning and Evolving MJAffliction's Avatar
    MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do every other day for each discipline.

BJJ: M/W/F
    Muay Thai: Tues/Thurs/Sat

Lifting almost never but try to hit once a week for the major compounds. Run/jump rope 3x a week.
    BJJ Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    HODL crew

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where ..." said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    -LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland

Everything popular is wrong.
    -OSCAR WILDE, The Importance of Being Earnest

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MJAffliction View Post
    I do every other day for each discipline.

BJJ: M/W/F
    Muay Thai: Tues/Thurs/Sat

Lifting almost never but try to hit once a week for the major compounds. Run/jump rope 3x a week.
    I would do all the calf extensions in the world and nothing but it was a combo of running and jump rope that finally grew my calves. Now I feel springy/bouncy lol
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Learning and Evolving MJAffliction's Avatar
    MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MJAffliction is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha, I know those feels.

My first time jumping rope was ridiculously hard. I thought it would be a walk in the park. At Muay Thai, we start off the practices with 5 rounds x 3 minutes with 30 seconds rest in between. I couldn't walk normally for like a week.

I had to build up to it afterwards lol. Skipped practices and went every other day because my calves and thighs would be exhausted from the jumping. Eventually you become conditioned, but jumping rope is so underrated and overlooked.
    BJJ Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    HODL crew

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where ..." said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    -LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland

Everything popular is wrong.
    -OSCAR WILDE, The Importance of Being Earnest

OP will never know cameintodissu's Avatar
    cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Once a week at most. You’re better off just doing 1-2 exercises after class instead

woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woadito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's almost impossible if you are working a regular fulltime job.

HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by woadito View Post
    It's almost impossible if you are working a regular fulltime job.
    yeah it’s def going to be hard

problem I remember back when I originally boxed was it’s extremely tough to do it as a “hobby”. most guys in he gym are doing it as their life and to make it as a Pro. hard to come in 2-3x and then spar and get in the ring with guys in the gym 6-7 days a week and potentially taking hits.

why I love BJJ so much that the community has its fair share of highly competitive guys but also guys who come as a hobby