kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fiber to Protein ratio?

Hey,

So I've been tracking my calorie-, fat-, carbohydrate-, protein-, and fiber-intake this past week in order to get a more accurate/precise understanding of my weight gaining process. I've been gaining weight/muscle pretty well/steadily for a month or two now, but I want to get a more quantitative understanding than just weighing myself and aiming for 2-3 lbs a month.

My specific question is how much fiber should I be consuming each day in relation to protein? I understand I need a minimum of .7g of protein p/lb of body weight and ideally more like .8g for promoting muscle growth. But I have no idea how much fiber to strive for and I understand that fiber is important on a high-protein diet.

I'm 28, 5'7", and I weight 130 lbs.

My average intake this week has been: ~2600 calories, ~84g fat, ~365g carbs, ~125g protein, ~44g fiber.

I'm a vegetarian and I think I might've gone a little overboard on the protein consumption as I was worried I wouldn't be getting enough without eating meat, but it's still comfortably within the recommend 20-35% my total intake and above .8g p/lb of body weight.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    General recommendation for fiber is 14 grams per 1000 kcal intake. That's based on data showing benefit for heart health. There are other benefits of fiber without good quantifications for the relevant amount of intake. There are no real downsides to higher amounts if you are not experiencing adverse GI symptoms.

So for you 14 * 2.6 = ~36, so you are fine at 44.
    My website: healthierwithscience.com

kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    General recommendation for fiber is 14 grams per 1000 kcal intake. That's based on data showing benefit for heart health. There are other benefits of fiber without good quantifications for the relevant amount of intake. There are no real downsides to higher amounts if you are not experiencing adverse GI symptoms.

So for you 14 * 2.6 = ~36, so you are fine at 44.
    Thanks!